Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
I need a haircut. I want to go to a cheap place like great clips to save money buuut I have fine curly hair and if you cut it wrong it frizzes and then just needs to be redone. Figure I should just suck it up and go get it done at the salon I usually go to.

Yay for relaxing days! I'd repaint my toenails while watching movies tonight but it's hard to multi task when watching 3D movies since I get to be a six-eyes with double glasses.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
At least you can see your toenails. If you're like me, you become a contortionists and hope you don't cut off part of your toe:D I wish you could meet my daughter, Kim. She's a hair stylist and she works on all ki fs of hair. Her own hair is thin but curly.
RosieRedfoot said:
I need a haircut. I want to go to a cheap place like great clips to save money buuut I have fine curly hair and if you cut it wrong it frizzes and then just needs to be redone. Figure I should just suck it up and go get it done at the salon I usually go to.

Yay for relaxing days! I'd repaint my toenails while watching movies tonight but it's hard to multi task when watching 3D movies since I get to be a six-eyes with double glasses.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I can reach my toes just fine. I could kiss them if I so desired, which I don't. All the Pilates classes I did in college must have had some lasting effect lol. Or could be I'm still young enough.. Either way, wish I could visit your stylist since I'm in need of that trim badly. Also I'm tired of catching my hair in my armpit when I bend over or move my arm just right. I like being able to pull it back but hate how much more conditioner and care to not catch it that it takes. Don't know how people with hair to their butt manage...

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

RosieRedfoot said:
I can reach my toes just fine. I could kiss them if I so desired, which I don't. All the Pilates classes I did in college must have had some lasting effect lol. Or could be I'm still young enough.. Either way, wish I could visit your stylist since I'm in need of that trim badly. Also I'm tired of catching my hair in my armpit when I bend over or move my arm just right. I like being able to pull it back but hate how much more conditioner and care to not catch it that it takes. Don't know how people with hair to their butt manage...

My hair is down to my butt and yes it gets everywhere. I can't wait to get my Fro done so I hope my girl is in. My hair stylist is at like a small local borics type shop but she does exactly what I want done. I have gone to the high end shops and they always want to cut off too much.

No Hair cuts for me :p :D

Eek.. I stole someones turtus pics.. I got Ken's disease :(

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
RosieRedfoot said:

My daughter also has curly hair and we started going to someone who really knew what they were doing when she was about 10 and she also gets Jeratin treatments every 3 months which really helps control the frizz without having to use a ton of product everyday.

BTW- Hawaiian Pizza is my favorite!! Yours looked soooo good!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
RosieRedfoot said:

My daughter also has curly hair and we started going to someone who really knew what they were doing when she was about 10 and she also gets Jeratin treatments every 3 months which really helps control the frizz without having to use a ton of product everyday.

Did you mean keratin and mistype it? I use that on my hair and it really keeps me from getting split ends. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
RosieRedfoot said:

Did you mean keratin and mistype it? I use that on my hair and it really keeps me from getting split ends. :D
Haha, yep! She uses all of the keratin products and it extends the life of the treatment too. I just get my hair cut every 6 weeks and it takes 10 minutes. She goes every 8-10 weeks and it take min. 2 hours, ugh!

If you chatters want to vote on my back splash the contractor & electrition are coming to redo the kitchen on Monday, here are the samples of river rock that I liked for the back splash, I laid it against the granite to better see if it "goes" together my favorite is the middle one on the right. What is your vote?
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368192389.587248.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Rock vote same.
Cougar watch 2013 Vancouver Washington, police responded to a cougar call about 1:00 am. Yup a cougar in the shrubs. 3 tranquilizer darts later, the female cat will be relocated. Morning all.

Rock vote same.
Cougar watch 2013 Vancouver Washington, police responded to a cougar call about 1:00 am. Yup a cougar in the shrubs. 3 tranquilizer darts later, the female cat will be relocated. Morning all.

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
I must be tired morning, read cowboys post and thought why are they darting a middle aged women looking for a little lovin'? :)
Brain foggy today. Just missed the darn trash man who decided to come early today, looks like my cans will sit around for another week getting nice and ripe. The neighbors should love that. Good morning all, happy Friday!

PS. CT, I like the middle group with the mix of light and dark stones. The kitchen is going to look great.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I like the stones on the right middle as well.

And with curly hair you can't not get it cut.. Otherwise it starts turning into dreadlocks or a giant triangle shape. Not to mention the frizz. I don't use much hair product and I use a good shampoo/conditioner as well. It's also odd because when I get it dyed it curls better (most dyes have moisturizers and gloss to protect the hair). I'll make an appointment after payday.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thanks for the votes! I cannot wait until the kitchen is done it feels do cave like right now.
Anyway, I am at the old house doing laundry while my new washer and dryer sit unused in my garage at the new house because the plumber is really taking his time adding a larger basin and drain in the laundry room to fit the larger washer. Nothing is without issue.

In tortoise news Sid is responsible for a clutch of Sulcata's that are not born yet. One of the four females he um... Dated?? Laid eggs yesterday!! What a stud!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My first choice with a fast glance was the middle right, because it brought out the black tones. Then I started to really look and think about how dark your kitchen seemed. With that thought, I am also liking the ones on the bottom. They seem to make it more warm, soothing, and bright. It is not the same color tie as the granite, but it seems to sorta pull in that buttery warmth into the color that is in the granite and makes it softer. The middle set keeps the granite feeling dark to me. It's a bit unexpected and I like that aspect too, so my vote changes to the bottom group.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
My first choice with a fast glance was the middle right, because it brought out the black tones. Then I started to really look and think about how dark your kitchen seemed. With that thought, I am also liking the ones on the bottom. They seem to make it more warm, soothing, and bright. It is not the same color tie as the granite, but it seems to sorta pull in that buttery warmth into the color that is in the granite and makes it softer. The middle set keeps the granite feeling dark to me. It's a bit unexpected and I like that aspect too, so my vote changes to the bottom group.

That is what I was thinking too but they are more golden and they bring a more orangey color out of the granite that I don't like and I am also worried that they might clash with the stainless sink & appliances. But, definitely good points to think about. I will put the samples against the wall once the cabinets are raised and all the lighting is done and we can have a re-vote:).

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
The bottom group to me looks slightly orange and depending on the color of the room may change the look you are going for. I liked the middle group because its pulling in the darker colors of the counters and the lighter colors of your chairs/furniture sort of blending the room. Take lots of pictures at different angles and lighting because it may take on a totally different feel.

Just finished working at our old house, still trying to get it ready to sell. Such a long tedious thing. I have officially finished painting every room in the house (...and I HATE painting) and pressure washed the house. That in its self took me 8 hours to do. Soon it will go on the market and be off my back :).

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I like that everyone ignored my pointing out that this weekend, on your local CBS station at 4:00 pm eastern/ 1:00 pm pacific will be the PBR event “Last Cowboy Standing". The top 50 bull riders in the world against the top 50 bulls of the year. These guys are tough! Be sure to watch for mr. J.B. Mauney. He's Karen's crush, and a good kid too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And now Ken has been hit with the mysterious picture ghost!! The three radiated tortoises that mysteriously show up at random in people's posts, then just as mysteriously disappear!!

Status
Not open for further replies.