Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
I hope the insurance allows boxers. The homeowner can be sued if someone is bitten on their property. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, I normally don't do pet sitting, but this lady was hard to understand and hard to get through to, so I told her I would help her. She's from Italy. Not quite as hard to understand face to face, but terribly hard on the phone. She finally got here about 1:30p. I thought it was going to be just the one tortoise, but she brought two. And the male is awful to the female. So I have to refurb my only extra pen and divide it in two.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Ken, the bull riding is on at work in the break room.

The rescue person face booked me that they were out doing the adoption events and told me I should bring my two dogs by to see if they even get along. I said I would, but I have work till late.

So at work we're supposed to sign people up for the store credit or debit cards and on days when not many are signing up the managers lurk and nag you to ask everyone, which we already do. It bothers me because we get scored on conversion and are supposed to be above 2.5%. I'm at 5.2% yet they still nag me >.>

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Yvonne G said:
No, I normally don't do pet sitting, but this lady was hard to understand and hard to get through to, so I told her I would help her. She's from Italy. Not quite as hard to understand face to face, but terribly hard on the phone. She finally got here about 1:30p. I thought it was going to be just the one tortoise, but she brought two. And the male is awful to the female. So I have to refurb my only extra pen and divide it in two.

The greeks stay so tiny. I can't imagine an evil one.
Mikey and I are headed out to some pub with 100 taps with some friends. I'm driving

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just got home and got all my plants covered or moved back inside (we have a frost warning tonight). Then tomorrow back outside they go. I think it was eight trips and I am sure glad I hadn't gotten them all outside yet. Next week one day we are even suppose to be in the 90s, but mostly 80s. :( :(

I had a great lunch at Outback (my ex's treat) and had my baby boy joining us. :) I spent money I shouldn't have on a couple of humongous hibiscus bushes that were fairly cheap, can't wait to see them in full bloom. I hope they are all yellow ones. So I had a fun day and did no major work. :D

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Yay for fun days of no work! I haven't had one in a while it seems, lol. Ugh, stored some crackers in my one closet and it had air fresheners near it and opened the box/liner and it tasted like air freshener. Which is a bummer since I wanted crackers to help my off feeling stomach. Not sick, not pregnant, but certain foods lately have just been making me feel like death. Can't even pinpoint one food either. One night it was pot pie (but I can eat it normally), another was salad, then last night I had some homemade ice cream that did not go over well. But milk and cheese today made me feel better so it's not lactose intolerance.

Oh and the rescue has had two people fill out adoption applications today for the old gal boxer. So it's unlikely she'll even be adoptable soon. I don't even know if I'm allowed to have one so they couldn't refuse them applications at least.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

Jacqui said:
Just got home and got all my plants covered or moved back inside (we have a frost warning tonight). Then tomorrow back outside they go. I think it was eight trips and I am sure glad I hadn't gotten them all outside yet. Next week one day we are even suppose to be in the 90s, but mostly 80s. :( :(

I had a great lunch at Outback (my ex's treat) and had my baby boy joining us. :) I spent money I shouldn't have on a couple of humongous hibiscus bushes that were fairly cheap, can't wait to see them in full bloom. I hope they are all yellow ones. So I had a fun day and did no major work. :D

That sounds like a good night. :)
Your weather sounds like what we are having. It's so cold.

RosieRedfoot said:
Yay for fun days of no work! I haven't had one in a while it seems, lol. Ugh, stored some crackers in my one closet and it had air fresheners near it and opened the box/liner and it tasted like air freshener. Which is a bummer since I wanted crackers to help my off feeling stomach. Not sick, not pregnant, but certain foods lately have just been making me feel like death. Can't even pinpoint one food either. One night it was pot pie (but I can eat it normally), another was salad, then last night I had some homemade ice cream that did not go over well. But milk and cheese today made me feel better so it's not lactose intolerance.

Oh and the rescue has had two people fill out adoption applications today for the old gal boxer. So it's unlikely she'll even be adoptable soon. I don't even know if I'm allowed to have one so they couldn't refuse them applications at least.

Did you have onions? Those have an allergy property that makes you feel like you have the stomach flu.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I hope there were no onions in my ice cream! But no, I haven't had an issue with onions and can eat even fried onion rings just fine.

I'm thinking I need to keep eating Greek yogurt and avoiding artificial sweeteners. When I have drinks like Gatorade or vitamin water or crystal light I get headaches. Last night at work I had a freebie diet Pepsi and a cookie then later had the ice cream and I think it was just too much sugar/fat for my poor body to process. Not like it was a healthy option either. I need to go grocery shopping this week and come up with some crock pot/freezer meals for when I work late.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

RosieRedfoot said:
I hope there were no onions in my ice cream! But no, I haven't had an issue with onions and can eat even fried onion rings just fine.

I'm thinking I need to keep eating Greek yogurt and avoiding artificial sweeteners. When I have drinks like Gatorade or vitamin water or crystal light I get headaches. Last night at work I had a freebie diet Pepsi and a cookie then later had the ice cream and I think it was just too much sugar/fat for my poor body to process. Not like it was a healthy option either. I need to go grocery shopping this week and come up with some crock pot/freezer meals for when I work late.

I prep easy meals for the nights I don't wasn't to cook. I'll keep some cooked wild or brown rice in the fridge and some cut up veggies in baggies. I also keep a thawed protein source too so once a week I can throw all of that into a wok with some olive oil, sea salt, basil, and whatever else I am feeling to cook a quick healthy meal.
I made farina and veggie sausage sandwiches this morning. I'm off to go shopping here in a minute :)
Happy mothers day!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thank you! My daughter and her husband took me to the Little Red Caboose for breakfast! Now I have to go pick up horse poop.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:( Feeling a bit sad, none of my human brats can spend any time with me today. (Yes, Yvonne I know I am a whine baby and very spoiled by my children as it is, BUT... )

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I'm not a mom, and I get to work today.. Whee.

If you do go out to eat for brunch or whatnot be sure to tip your servers extra (as long as they deserve it).. Seeing as it's a crazy busy day and most of them are spending it serving your family instead of with their own!

As a cashier I hate how grumpy people get around holidays like Mother's Day and Easter because they feel like they need to buy gifts then wait till last minute. Don't take it out on us, it's not our fault the card/candy you wanted is gone at 10pm the night before the holiday! /endrant

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
:( Feeling a bit sad, none of my human brats can spend any time with me today. (Yes, Yvonne I know I am a whine baby and very spoiled by my children as it is, BUT... )

Thanks & Happy Mothers Day back at all of you! The only thing my husband got me for mothers day that I can share are new sandles. Everything else was more a present for him. Ugh, men!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think having to work overnights and always on the holidays, I started to really dislike the holidays. It's one thing I do not miss having to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.