Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
G'mornin' back attcha, Jacqui, and everyone!

The last two days were 100F degrees. It didn't seem that hot yesterday. I still did my laps in the pasture about 5p and didn't feel like I was going to pass out from heat stroke. Its going to be a bit cooler today.

I have three sulcatas to find homes for! I haven't looked at my adoption book for a while. I hope there are lots of names in there.

One of my Manouria tortoises is laying eggs as we speak. I'm doing the happy dance!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
My mum passed 5 yrs or so ago, and I miss her enough that I teared up writing that.

She sent this to me when I turned 40. And we were Bestest friends!!!
I am so sorry :(

Yvonne G said:
G'mornin' back attcha, Jacqui, and everyone!

The last two days were 100F degrees. It didn't seem that hot yesterday. I still did my laps in the pasture about 5p and didn't feel like I was going to pass out from heat stroke. Its going to be a bit cooler today.

I have three sulcatas to find homes for! I haven't looked at my adoption book for a while. I hope there are lots of names in there.

One of my Manouria tortoises is laying eggs as we speak. I'm doing the happy dance!!

I'd love 100 degrees. I think it's getting up to 50 here today.
The mom bun moved her babies last night. It was freezing so I wonder if she took them to her home? Now we have to look for them in case they are in a spot to be hit with a mower again :(

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
KerryAnn I am betting they are now old enough to be off and running around, which is good news as far as the mowing goes because normally they have the sense to run from the mower.

Yvonne I hope this time is the charm for not only getting those eggs, but for them to hatch with healthy robust youngsters. I don't envy the 100s already. Heck I am already sweating for tomorrow's mid 90's. :D

Well off to put poison on the stinging nettles and poison ivy, pick up the new puppy, and with his "help" plant some more tomatoes and peppers. Maybe a few more turnips or vines (like squash cucumber, or melons) seeds may go into the dirt.

Kim? Doesn't sound much like a real day off, sounds more like just exchanging the pay work for the unpaid. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I guess I missed the post where you said you were getting a puppy. What's the story on that?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Guess what! The hummingbirds have arrived... well atleast one for sure. :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
I think they fell prey or she moved them. They still had their eyes closed last night.

I thought they were older then that. :(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
In celebrity apprentice they made a salted caramel ice cream with turtles

Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:
I think they fell prey or she moved them. They still had their eyes closed last night.

I thought they were older then that. :(

No..we hope the Mom moved them and not something naughty

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
It's likely she moved them underground if it was getting colder.

And yeah.. I didn't even get laundry done. I caught up on recorded tv shows and made calzones using leftover pizza dough for dinner.

I think Ellie, the boxer, got adopted today. I wish the rescue didn't mainly focus on dog breeds I can't help out by even fostering. Although I'm glad they do help those breeds since they are too overbred here. Well, they do have two boston mixes I could foster (had looked at adopting one) but they're the must adopt together thing, and I think 4 dogs would be pushing it... So, we'll see.

Well, off to bed. I'm due early at work for some new on the job training.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I wonder what happened to our friend Thalatte. Haven't heard from her since she left her last position. Hope she found another job. I missed her and would like to hear from her. :-(

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
Guess what! The hummingbirds have arrived... well atleast one for sure. :D

I saw a hummingbird for the first time this spring yesterday!! It was directly in front of my kitchen window. I love hummingbirds!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
We stopped feeding humming birds here. We got tired of the cats using those cute beaks as toothpick…maybe that was harsh. But it's the truth.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have quite a few different types of bushes in my "rain forest" that attract hummers. I have never been able to get a feeder to work right. It either drips all the sticky stuff all over the cement under it or they don't use it for whatever reason. So I just admire them in my bushes.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
We've got an in ground fuchsia that's about a 6' ball of mass, when it blooms, we can't keep them away.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jacqui: Come on...tell us about the new puppy.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
The previous owner was a landscape architect and she loved to make mini self sustaining ecosystems with her plants so she doe officially plants things to attract birds and bees and critters that work & live together. I will take pics of what she has done. One of the gardens is around a big fake well and has a major bee issue so I am having a bee guy come and take them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.