Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Thank your lucky stars that it isn't wasps. Every day I knock down at least 5 wasp nests. I try to go out early when they're all at the nest and squash them with the shovel, but sometimes they're in a tight spot and they come flying at me. I haven't been stung yet, but its just a matter of time.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Cowboy_Ken said:
We stopped feeding humming birds here. We got tired of the cats using those cute beaks as toothpick…maybe that was harsh. But it's the truth.

So far (fingers crossed and knocking on my wooden head), that has not happened here.

CtTortoiseMom said:
The previous owner was a landscape architect and she loved to make mini self sustaining ecosystems with her plants so she doe officially plants things to attract birds and bees and critters that work & live together. I will take pics of what she has done. One of the gardens is around a big fake well and has a major bee issue so I am having a bee guy come and take them away.

Can't wait to see those pictures!

Yvonne G said:
Jacqui: Come on...tell us about the new puppy.

Puppy? What puppy? *pushes the squiggling mess behind myself* I don't see any puppy.... :D

Yvonne G said:
Thank your lucky stars that it isn't wasps. Every day I knock down at least 5 wasp nests. I try to go out early when they're all at the nest and squash them with the shovel, but sometimes they're in a tight spot and they come flying at me. I haven't been stung yet, but its just a matter of time.

I am glad we have better mannered wasps and mud dabbers here. They stay out of my sight, except for the time they spend around the various mud wallows. :D In my vision of you, I have you putting down the visor on your welding mask, picking up your weapon of destruction (the good ole shovel), and going off to fight the good battle against the evil wasp forces which are threatening to take over the world.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
It is a little cold and rainy today so i got as close as I could to take a pic. Here is where the bees are buzzing...
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368551723.864063.jpg
I think there is a best in the fake well.
& here is between my front and side doors. I just thought it looked pretty so I took a pic
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368551793.192698.jpg
Here is the sollution to Dagny sleeping with us ...
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368551945.365197.jpg
Haha, no sollution :).
And here are my new sandals i got for Mothers Day that it is too cold to wear :(
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368552028.204740.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm highly allergic to honey bee stings,(they'll kill me in 45 mins.), a result of this is I can identify stinging insects from the sound of their buzz.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Did the previous think to be kind enough to leave you a copy of where everything is planted? Love the area between the doors. Nice sandles and toes. :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
It is a little cold and rainy today so i got as close as I could to take a pic. Here is where the bees are buzzing...

I think there is a best in the fake well.
& here is between my front and side doors. I just thought it looked pretty so I took a pic

Here is the sollution to Dagny sleeping with us ...

Haha, no sollution :).
And here are my new sandals i got for Mothers Day that it is too cold to wear :(

Are those the jellies? I want the jellies. :D

Jacqui said:
Did the previous think to be kind enough to leave you a copy of where everything is planted? Love the area between the doors. Nice sandles and toes. :D

Where's the puppy pics?? I am dying to see the puppy. :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

:D KA always goes for the important things... shoes! :D

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
So I stayed an extra 3 hours at work to help out since like half the workers called out (funny how that happens on a sunny warm day). I was trained to do price checking and marking things down for clearance. Time seemed to go by faster than as a cashier, probably because I was constantly doing something.

On my way back from work, 30 minutes before school gets let out, I got stuck behind this old man driving a van who insisted on driving 10 under the speed limit and waggling his fingers in a no-no fashion at anyone going past him. I of course went past him just so I could be going 25 in the 25 zone and he waggled his fingers and tried to roll down his window but I ignored him.. I understand that you're trying to get people to not go 45 in a 25 school zone, but you're just going to distract them enough so that they either don't see a crosswalking child and hit them, or they cause an accident by having to slam on their brakes. It's best to leave the policing to the police.

Oh, and he had his four way flashers on too...

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
One of my russians might be laying eggs right now! I just went to the outdoor enclosure and she was backed into a hole. I didn't go over, cause I didn't want to disturb her, but when I tossed weeds in, everybody else came running, and she just stayed there. It's odd because I've seen none of them doing the, “grown up" thing.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I took Rosie out for a half hour of sunning before I need to get to the grocery store to start dinner. She was so active and zooming about! Wish I owned a house so I could make a permanent dog proof pen for her... Someday she'll have her custom outdoor enclosure and climate controlled shed as well.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1368563494.973256.jpg

I also need to get a memory card for my dslr and remember to charge the batteries so I can take non phone pictures of her since most of mine end up blurry.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1368563624.568062.jpg
Rosie... With a rose!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Those were clear. Cute tort.
I just checked the hole she had been in and it was empty. Hoping it was a practice hole.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Sorry Kerryann they were not Jellies.
@Ken, there is such loud buzzing from that area I don't think you could go anywhere near it! Bee allergies are so scary!!!

Okay, so the new lights are done, the carpenter will patch the holes and put the cabinets in and start the back splash tomorrow and the appliances arrive on Thursday! Then on Friday the electrition will finish the under cabinet lighting and mount the microwave. So here is the kitchen so far...
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368569120.832001.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368569136.290951.jpg

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow, Erin, your kitchen is gonna be fabulous! Did you decide on your first choice for the backsplash?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
sibi said:
Wow, Erin, your kitchen is gonna be fabulous! Did you decide on your first choice for the backsplash?

@Sibi, I went with my original choice for the black splash and chose a very light tan grout but then I picked out something kind of different to frame it out on a side that is open and between the bottom of the window frame and granite. I could live in that tile store, it was so much fun! A lady was there with her contracter when I was there with mine and we ooo'd and aaaaa'd over each others choices. She was re-doing her master bathroom though.

@ Ken, I have not thought about the first meal in the new kitchen. Hmmmm, any suggestions?

My in law's are arriving on 5/24 so I just hope it's done before they come. The painters were supposed to come the week my in law's are coming but I am going to hold them off a week so the house doesn't smell like paint and so I can get my MIL's opinions.

littlestella said:
Sorry, the mom in me, I love the kids pics on the fridge. :)

Thanks and would you believe my new fridge is not magnetic, waaaa!! I don't know what I am going to do!! Especially since I have been saving the school pic magnets since my oldest daughter was in kindergarten and only need four more!!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

:D KA always goes for the important things... shoes! :D

Yah that's so true :D

Cowboy_Ken said:
One of my russians might be laying eggs right now! I just went to the outdoor enclosure and she was backed into a hole. I didn't go over, cause I didn't want to disturb her, but when I tossed weeds in, everybody else came running, and she just stayed there. It's odd because I've seen none of them doing the, “grown up" thing.

They weren't gonna get caught doing it by dad.. duh :p

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
My dog is ticklish
IMG_20130514_215900_580_zps395aef7b.jpg

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I saw today that Dan Brown just released a new book. I am going to download it. Does anyone like Dan Brown? I think his books are very entertaining. I didn't love the Da Vinci code like most but I enjoyed it and i loved "Digital Fortress". So I guess I will give his newest book, "Inferno" a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.