Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
I put in the average, about 12k a year. Yes, I knew that oil needs to changed every 1k miles or every 4 months. My hubby never lets me forget. He'll nags me to death if I didn't do it in time. I mean everytime he needs an oil change, which he has an alarm programmed on his phone as a reminder, he begins to nag me to have my oil changed. So, you see, my husband would never let me forget. Btw, Ken, those frozen roses look so beautiful. It reminded me of Beth Mitler's song, "The Rose."

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'll do it... Good Morning All.
Now to nuts and bolts, do we know anyone affected by the tornado in OK. Yesterday?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh no...the dreaded double post disease!

I was wondering where in the scheme of things (because I'm no good at geography) where Nebraska, and our Jacqui, is in relationship to the tornado corridor.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I don't, but how devastating, my heart goes out to all affected!!

In CT this Friday there was a collision of two trains. It was pretty scary for awhile because we know people from our small town who drive to southern CT and take the train to NYC for the week to work and it was around the time they get home on Friday! They are ok, phew!!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I saw a video of this woman who was standing in the rubble of her home saying she was lucky to be alive but her dog was lying dead somewhere in the house, then the interviewer spots movement and goes.. There's a dog! So they pull the dog out and it's ok and everyone starts crying, myself included.

I really can't even imagine what they're going through. My aunt lives in Oklahoma and I haven't heard from her. I think she was further north though.

The power of nature at times is awe inspiring as well as awful.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yvonne G said:

I was wondering where in the scheme of things (because I'm no good at geography) where Nebraska, and our Jacqui, is in relationship to the tornado corridor.

I am right next to Kansas and Kansas is between me and Oklahoma. This happened about 5 hours away from me. We had tornado warnings, but nothing developed other then high winds, heavy rains and lots of hail.

Dude on yellow dandelion patrol.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Cowboy_Ken said:
What's oil? Lol. Sorry, subject change here. Remember months ago I spoke of a freak ice storm we had and that I'd taken pictures of ice covered roses? Well I found the pictures ;

Those are beautiful

Sent from my LG-LS970 using TortForum mobile app

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
We've got birch trees in the front yard that at the time averaged 3"-4" dia. ice had coated those trees enough that they were all bent over frozen to the lawn. We had eight as well as a triple group. We lost one the following year because the trunk under the bark had split and we weren't aware.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jacqui: Dude looks so clean...and he has such a sweet face. In fact, if you could go by faces instead of tails, I might think he was Dudette.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
RosieRedfoot said:
I saw a video of this woman who was standing in the rubble of her home saying she was lucky to be alive but her dog was lying dead somewhere in the house, then the interviewer spots movement and goes.. There's a dog! So they pull the dog out and it's ok and everyone starts crying, myself included.

I really can't even imagine what they're going through. My aunt lives in Oklahoma and I haven't heard from her. I think she was further north though.

The power of nature at times is awe inspiring as well as awful.

That is an amazing story. I can't even imagine. We are supposed to be getting those storms today and tomorrow.

Jacqui said:
Yvonne G said:

I am right next to Kansas and Kansas is between me and Oklahoma. This happened about 5 hours away from me. We had tornado warnings, but nothing developed other then high winds, heavy rains and lots of hail.

Dude on yellow dandelion patrol.

He's got his lazer beams locked on that leaf there... :D

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
That was so awesome, that she found her dog. It is so sad to see all that destruction. We get tornado warnings two or three times a year and the first thing we do is load up all the animals into the basement with us.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
CourtneyAndCarl said:
That was so awesome, that she found her dog. It is so sad to see all that destruction. We get tornado warnings two or three times a year and the first thing we do is load up all the animals into the basement with us.

Are basements common in Nebraska?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So sad that so many children died not from the storm itself, but from drowning as a byproduct of the storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.