Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
$75.00 was the brand new 55. We've got two koi angle fish and three hyper golden zebra lochs to move in there from our 50 gal.

Did everyone watch North America on discovery channel? Wow. It was good and sad.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Wishing everybody the best of mornings!​

No Ken I did not watch it.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
7 part show that airs on Sunday evenings. Micro cameras, robot cameras all catching wildlife of North America being wild. From the frozen pole, to the tropical equator.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Good morning everybody. I watch a lot of nature shows on discovery. I think I saw parts of it. The sad part, what was it?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Young herd animals not keeping up with the herd and instead feeding the wolves. Baby whale held underwater by orcas till it drowns.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I saw it. It aired here in Florida a few weeks ago. The pack of wolves attacked strayed younglings was sad. The baby whale couldn't keep up with his mom, and the orcas were relentless until they got the baby. So sad.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
It's sad but it's nature. I watched a planet earth episode about baby sea turtles and the amount of those little guys that die is astounding.

Once all the North America comes out we'll probably watch them all.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
RosieRedfoot said:
It's sad but it's nature. I watched a planet earth episode about baby sea turtles and the amount of those little guys that die is astounding.

Once all the North America comes out we'll probably watch them all.

They didn't leave out the cormorants picking off the Riley sea turtle hatchlings.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
george.T.tort said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Ken, did you tear up watching the last episode of the office? I did!!
Anyone else watch the office ?

You're funny, I was gonna ask you the same question. At least I've got the Michael Scott era on DVD!

We watch old office every night on Netflix. Best Show Ever!!

We watch the original English version here. Never seen the US version but heard it is good
I love the English version too!! I think Ricky Gervais has something to do with the American one as well.

Good Afternoon all! Jacqui, adorable puppies!! Ken, I did not watch the show but have watched show's like it and I cry like a baby! The worst I have seen is an elephant lost and wandering in a sand storm and the mother and baby dimotanioysly looking for each other in opposite direction's. I think they both ended up dying :-(.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
See I could never be those folks and just sit back and let nature happen. I would be out there driving off the critters going after the young ones. I know it happens, I know it's part of the cycle of life, but I don't want to watch it happening. When it's on TV, I am like some crazy football fan who yells to the players what to do. :rolleyes:

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Cowboy_Ken said:
$75.00 was the brand new 55. We've got two koi angle fish and three hyper golden zebra lochs to move in there from our 50 gal.

Did everyone watch North America on discovery channel? Wow. It was good and sad.

Dang! I missed it, I was at work. I was really excited for that show and I missed it :(

Jacqui said:
See I could never be those folks and just sit back and let nature happen. I would be out there driving off the critters going after the young ones. I know it happens, I know it's part of the cycle of life, but I don't want to watch it happening. When it's on TV, I am like some crazy football fan who yells to the players what to do. :rolleyes:

Haha, I yell at them too!

What's even more horrifying than what animals do to each other is what people do to animals. Anyone ever seen "The Cove"?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:

Me too, the baby elephant died of dehydration in the one I saw and all I could think was how much water the ground and air crew's that were filming the baby had. What do we learn by watching their misfortunes? If we are there and can help then what is wrong with helping? I would not stop a predator/ prey situation but I would definitely have helped reunite mother and baby or tried to save a dawning antelope that was chased too deep into the river. Too much tragedy:(

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I get attached to the critters. But, I'm glad some get picked off. If not for the slow getting eaten, we'd not have opposable thumbs to use iPhones.

I am a walking, breathing contradiction.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Not me, I just mandated that the kids eat 1/4 of a cup of walnuts everyday because they are supposedly good for asthmatics and look like healthy lungs so that has to be a good sign!! I will try anything and strive to be the fittest not looks wise of course I mean in survival terms.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I roll my own non-filtered cigarettes. Walnut halves look like what I imagine my lungs look like. LOL.
In the words of the wise, Ron Swanson while talking with Leslie Nupe, “Leslie, I eat how I eat, I live how I live, I'll die how I die."
Karen says she doesn't need to use her blinkers because its nobodies business where she's going!

*Noope

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I love Ron Swanson!! I can live without the office but not Park's & Rec!!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
george.T.tort said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Ken, did you tear up watching the last episode of the office? I did!!
Anyone else watch the office ?

You're funny, I was gonna ask you the same question. At least I've got the Michael Scott era on DVD!

We watch old office every night on Netflix. Best Show Ever!!

We watch the original English version here. Never seen the US version but heard it is good
I love the English version too!! I think Ricky Gervais has something to do with the American one as well.

Good Afternoon all! Jacqui, adorable puppies!! Ken, I did not watch the show but have watched show's like it and I cry like a baby! The worst I have seen is an elephant lost and wandering in a sand storm and the mother and baby dimotanioysly looking for each other in opposite direction's. I think they both ended up dying :-(.

I can't watch that stuff. It's too sad :(

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
george.T.tort said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Cowboy_Ken said:

I can't watch that stuff. It's too sad :(

I know what you mean. Especially the montage of Pam and Jim's relationship developing. You were talking about the office final episode, right?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
;) I'm pretty sure the reference was to nature shows, not The Office!! :rolleyes:

I LOVE nature shows, but when they get to the parts where animals are going to die, I'll switch channels. I can't stand to watch that stuff. Especially when you step back and look at the big picture, which shows the camera crew sitting in their safe hides or trucks, and allowing it to happen. I imagine that in order to receive permission to film, they must sign documents that say they will not interfere, but I just can't stand watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.