Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
KerryAnn one word of advise, don't drop bags of rocks on your knee. ;) :rolleyes: :p :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Jacqui said:
KerryAnn one word of advise, don't drop bags of rocks on your knee. ;) :rolleyes: :p :D

I over estimated my own strength!! Today I was moving more rocks and hurt my arm.
Tonight is the Polish fair :). I can't wait to go.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Does that mean lots of Polish food?

My cat, Molly, knows she's not allowed on the drain board. So just now I'm here on the computer and the dog, Misty, gives a couple of "Attention, calling all moms" barks. I sneak into the kitchen where the barks came from, and there's Molly on the kitchen counter trying to open a cupboard door with her paw. It just happens to be the cupboard where Misty's doggy snacks are kept.

I don't know if Misty was telling Molly to save some for her or if she was tattling that the cat was going to eat Misty's snacks.

I guess it's time to get off the computer and go feed the starving cat!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I came upstairs after cleaning the kitchen to lay down and there wasn't any room for me...
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1369616127.396434.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Yvonne G said:
Gosh that's a pretty dog. I see what you mean about all that white, though. He/she wouldn't be white for more than 5 minutes if he lived here.

Here, either! We've got so much dirt and mud right now... I'm also a cheeto fan and I had to wipe the cheeto stains off of his head last night, haha.

Here's reason number two why I can't own white dogs:

Although I will say, Fin has only been here for three days and I've never felt so tempted to adopt a foster as I do right now with him. He's literally perfect for our household. He needs to get adopted quick before I get too attached.

CtTortoiseMom said:
I came upstairs after cleaning the kitchen to lay down and there wasn't any room for me...

Dang, I guess you get the floor?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Yvonne G said:
Does that mean lots of Polish food?

My cat, Molly, knows she's not allowed on the drain board. So just now I'm here on the computer and the dog, Misty, gives a couple of "Attention, calling all moms" barks. I sneak into the kitchen where the barks came from, and there's Molly on the kitchen counter trying to open a cupboard door with her paw. It just happens to be the cupboard where Misty's doggy snacks are kept.

I don't know if Misty was telling Molly to save some for her or if she was tattling that the cat was going to eat Misty's snacks.

I guess it's time to get off the computer and go feed the starving cat!!

we didn't eat any polish food. :p
Awww feed your kitty so poor misty doesn't lose her snacks :D

CtTortoiseMom said:

Oh you will fit right on the edge of the bed. ;)
Cici and Ozzie got their fro's did today. They both look and smell so nice.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I forgot to say that I was at dinner tonight and the bull riding was on. I thought of Ken. :D I was thinking.. Ken is somewhere a long ways away but we are probably watching the same thing.. :p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
My bull riding is The PBR and they are in what I call the healing spring break right now. The guys are doing practice bulls and amateur events right now to stay in shape. Well, that and healin up.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

Cowboy_Ken said:
My bull riding is The PBR and they are in what I call the healing spring break right now. The guys are doing practice bulls and amateur events right now to stay in shape. Well, that and healin up.

But look I brought you out of the woodwork. I didn't know what it was except bull riding. Oh I saw the miller lite car today too.
IMG_20130526_192002_006_zpsd5894c33.jpg

Last but not least... Do not watch so this is 40.. It made me depressed.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

Cowboy_Ken said:
This is my home theater

That is very pretty. :)
We watched the sunset last night from the top of the ferris wheel over the lakes. It was so pretty.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Kerryann said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
This is my home theater

That is very pretty. :)
We watched the sunset last night from the top of the ferris wheel over the lakes. It was so pretty.

That photo was taken in February. It's been raining enough here lately we've only been having gray sets. You know, where the light/dark gray sets slowly to dark/dark gray…the weather guessers are saying we'll have a nice Fourth of July. We don't tan, we rust. Maggie could back me up on this.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My son-in-law rode his motorcycle from Monterey, CA (He works week-days in Monterey and comes home to Clovis on the week-end) up to Washington and met up with another m/c friend there and they went on to some big park or another (I don't pay good attention). He said all through Oregon his rain gear got a real good work-out. He's supposed to be back in Monterey at his mobile home sometime this afternoon. I think he said something about his friend had ridden across that bridge that collapsed a few minutes in front of the collapse.

People think turtle/tortoise folks are weird. Compared to someone who rides (for pleasure) a motorcycle thousands of miles in cold and wet weather, turtle/tortoise people are the salt of the earth!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just got back from lunch with my daughter, my ex (her father) and his friend who happens to be female. Yummy Mexican food. Now that it has dried up a bit, I guess I need to go out and play outside pulling weeds and hand cutting, huh? :(

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Dried up? That is such a foreign concept to me right now, at first I thought you meant the Mexican food had dried up a bit.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Lately here "dried up" means you don't sink down a foot with each step. :D It also means you sit on an empty catfood bag so your behind is not cold and wet and the butt of your pants totally mud soaked. :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
It's rainy and gray here too. We got the tortoise garden done today before it started pouring. I was so excited. Yesterday we found an ad for a 10 acre farm not far from our house for a reasonable price. We went and it was a dump :( The place has a barn with 14 stalls but the way the barn and other out buildings looked they all needed major renovations. The house was built in 1840 something and it was a dump. It was sad to see such an old house looking so bad.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Sunny and 85 here! We're grilling shish kabobs. I worked for 4 hours this morning so I got paid 1.5 regular pay (so what I really deserve in pay, lol). Some days I'm running customer service AND a checkout lane at the same time yet still make a smidgen above minimum wage. At least I have a job I guess. :p

On a pet note, Dante is blowing his undercoat and as you can tell, he feels much better. I only did his hips and back so I still need to furminate his neck and front.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1369693625.947537.jpg

Prince, happy (and dumb) as always
ImageUploadedByTortForum1369693732.342989.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.