Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Yeah...and that's how it goes. I'm afraid that I won't get to see my babies grow to be adults. I don't know who will watch out for Baby Runt. I hand feed him and he's gotten use to it too. In fact, he won't eat if I don't feed him. I mean, if I go away and he's really on his own, he'll find a way to eat, but if he sees me, he'll just stare at his food until I pick him up and feed him. He's soooo cute!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I live my life as grandmother Bouvier did, and she lived to 103. She never watched what she ate, exercise was walking Egypt and the Middle East and New Guinea islands, she drank every night, and smoked. Sure times were different then, but she passed when I was in my 50's for crying out loud, with a picture of earth rising over the Martian horizon! I mean if that don't beat all hell, I'm fine not being Jack Alane.

Bridge collapse update. Folds went to the hospital, but no fatalities.

*folks

Portland Oregon high today, 55f
Anchorage Alaska high today, 58f.
And who would keep tortoises in Anchorage Alaska where it's warm?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I just wish I could control my sugars better. It's key to my living longer. This pump I have had to be adjusted 4 times since my heart attack. I almost went back to using needles, but doing that can be worse since I always forgot to take my sugar levels and insulin. The same thing happens with my pump, only i do get a tiny amount of insulin ever hour automatically. It was that tiny amount that was too much at times that lead to my lows. What a mess. I've been dealing with this for almost 6 years now.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
From what I remember with me mum, and know with my sister, can't you help with peaks and lows by watching foods that you eat? I know there are various levels of diabetes, but this can help all levels, right?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Yes, what one eats have everything to do with sugar levels unless you're as screwed up as me. With my stomach digestion, or lack thereof, my sugars spike and fall when I don't expect it. And when I expect it to be high, they are normal. That makes it difficult to give myself the proper amounts of insulin. Anyway, I'm a bit more active than in the past, so, I can make adjustments depending on what I'm doing at the moment.

That's great that there's no fatalities so far.

Hey Cowboy, thanks for talking with me tonight. I'm gonna try to sleep now. It's almost 2 a.m. here. Good night.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
sibi said:
Yes, what one eats have everything to do with sugar levels unless you're as screwed up as me. With my stomach digestion, or lack thereof, my sugars spike and fall when I don't expect it. And when I expect it to be high, they are normal. That makes it difficult to give myself the proper amounts of insulin. Anyway, I'm a bit more active than in the past, so, I can make adjustments depending on what I'm doing at the moment.

That's great that there's no fatalities so far.

I'm sorry about all that crap, while excepting no responsibility. When I feel sluggish, I drink an old school Pepsi with sugar, not corn syrup and a B-Complex. For me, works bout every time!

I've got to go to bed Sibi, in the morning I'll be upgrading Little Ricky's enclosure to one with a double pane sliding window. Plus, if the rains hold off, I've got a friend to be here to help clear all the crap that is where the russian pen will be enlarged.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good Morning!!​

Sibi how bad is the elbow? Are the feet doing okay? You will live for a long long time, so Runt will be getting his hand feedings for years and years to come. I am sure if the day comes you can no longer give him these, that you will have no problem finding him another caretaker.

Ken hope the rain holds off so you can get that area cleaned for the Russians.

Do all of you have big plans for the long weekend?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
I wish I knew where some members lived near me. I think it would be cool to show off our torts. My cardiologist said I couldn't have the elbow surgery I need. I have to be surgery free for a year I'm on Plavix, a blood thinner, and can't be off it for even a day. If I do, I could have another massive heart attack. I think of the days where I forgot to take my meds.oops

I was on that for almost a year. It goes by quicker than you think it will. I hated the cumadin worse because I used to have to get the shotsi n my stomach. :p I promise behaving for a year or two sounds hard but now when I look back I barely remember it.

sibi said:
Yeah...and that's how it goes. I'm afraid that I won't get to see my babies grow to be adults. I don't know who will watch out for Baby Runt. I hand feed him and he's gotten use to it too. In fact, he won't eat if I don't feed him. I mean, if I go away and he's really on his own, he'll find a way to eat, but if he sees me, he'll just stare at his food until I pick him up and feed him. He's soooo cute!

That is so sweet. My bettuce prefers her snacks to be hand fed. If I put them on her plate she looks at me like what is going on with that.. and stares me down until I come back and take them to her mouth hole.. god forbid she have to move herself to get a snack. She is always ready to pounce on her breakfast though.

Cowboy_Ken said:
I live my life as grandmother Bouvier did, and she lived to 103. She never watched what she ate, exercise was walking Egypt and the Middle East and New Guinea islands, she drank every night, and smoked. Sure times were different then, but she passed when I was in my 50's for crying out loud, with a picture of earth rising over the Martian horizon! I mean if that don't beat all hell, I'm fine not being Jack Alane.

Bridge collapse update. Folds went to the hospital, but no fatalities.

*folks

Portland Oregon high today, 55f
Anchorage Alaska high today, 58f.
And who would keep tortoises in Anchorage Alaska where it's warm?

Yay :) It's good to hear about a non tragedy accident.
It's going to be almost 60 degrees here today. Tuesday it was 92 degrees and yesterday it was 43 degrees :p I was running around in short sleeves and thought I was going to freeze my tuckus off.

Jacqui said:
Good Morning!!​

Sibi how bad is the elbow? Are the feet doing okay? You will live for a long long time, so Runt will be getting his hand feedings for years and years to come. I am sure if the day comes you can no longer give him these, that you will have no problem finding him another caretaker.

I need to get my truck washed and clean my windows at my house. I have been procrastinating my spring window cleaning. I also want to do some shopping. I am in a bad way when it comes to having clothes that actually fit me again.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I got my new foster dog today. He is so PRETTY... except I could never own a dog this white... I would feel the need to give him a bath like every day.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
The elbow is not good. Some days I can't even hold a mug of coffee. It has gotten worse through the years. My cardiologist says I can't have any kind if surgery until next year. So, I've waited this long, I guess I can wait another 6-7 months. I know that if it ever came to it, I can give Baby Runt to someone on the forum that would be committed to hand-feeding him. He' the love of my life as animals go.Thanks for your kind words. Btw, I never got to see your new puppy. Where do you have pics of him/her?

Jacqui said:
Good Morning!!​

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Great deal extended thru today: 99 cent price break for Confessions of a Turtle Wife!
Use Code EY92V at http://bit.ly/KKQYRW

Sorry about the redundant post, I just really believe in this organization and want to do all I can to help Allen and Anita get the recognition I feel so strongly they deserve.

A little preview;

A turtle wife is a woman (or a man—sometimes referred to as a “turtle husband”) married to someone obsessed with nature’s shelled wonders. When Anita Salzberg marries her husband, Allen, she discovers that she has also married his not-so-little turtle hobby. Over the course of the book and numerous improbable escapades—sheltering a ginormous snapping turtle in the bathtub, ogling tortoises having sex on the living room floor, and searching for turtles in pet stores across America—Turtle Wife becomes turtle lover. Even those who have never kept a pet turtle will enjoy this laugh-out-loud story of a turtle-challenged marriage.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I know I'm adapting to the heat because I was sitting outside brushing the dogs thinking it felt warm but not hot and it was 82.

We keep looking at getting a third dog but won't know about our living situation until June when we know if the landlord will be letting us sign on for a year lease or if they want to do month to month, which we don't like. Month to month means they could rent out to someone else leaving us a short time to relocate, sell the house, or increase the rent on us whenever they please. Finding a rental that allows not only one but two (let alone 3) 50+ pound dogs is hard enough.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well here in Florida it's 87-90 degrees F. Summer is here and it's not even summer officially. Well, my sullies are loving it. Does anyone know the name of the heating blanket for torts? Is it Trane? I need to get them for the torts this fall. A website would be better. Thanks in advance.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
sibi said:
The elbow is not good. Some days I can't even hold a mug of coffee. It has gotten worse through the years. My cardiologist says I can't have any kind if surgery until next year. So, I've waited this long, I guess I can wait another 6-7 months. I know that if it ever came to it, I can give Baby Runt to someone on the forum that would be committed to hand-feeding him. He' the love of my life as animals go.Thanks for your kind words. Btw, I never got to see your new puppy. Where do you have pics of him/her?

That is pretty bad. I can't even begin to imagine how my life would be if I had that kind of elbow problem. :( :( :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
CourtneyAndCarl said:
I got my new foster dog today. He is so PRETTY... except I could never own a dog this white... I would feel the need to give him a bath like every day.

It just gripes me no end when people make posts like this and don't include a picture! :( :p:p:p

You can buy the pig blankets directly from the manufacturer at Osborne Industries:

http://www.osbornelivestockequipment.com/stanfield-heat-pads

Status
Not open for further replies.