Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Did y'all see my turtle day posting in books? It's a great book, a great deal, and a great organization to support.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Cowboy_Ken said:
Did y'all see my turtle day posting in books? It's a great book, a great deal, and a great organization to support.

To bad it's not a "real" book for .99 :(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
So do you all remember a month or so ago when I was going to my eye doctor daily for like a week? I found out today that he passed away. I am soooooo sad. I mean he was such a good doctor. He annoyed me by making me come back so many times to just be sure my eye was okay but in hindsight he was doing that not to annoy me but to make sure my vision stayed intact. Even worse to find out he took his own life. :( I am so sad for his family and for the community. We lost such a great man. I was so shocked when I heard he passed because I swear I just saw him and he was in such good health. Obviously something heavy was weighing on his mind. :(
Other than that we have a new class of students starting today in our local IT program called IT in the D. I need to tweet and facebook about it but I just was sick all morning about this revelation.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
My kitchen is still not finished but it is starting to come together now. The contracter is going to start grouting tomorrow and the electrician is coming back to finish his stuff next week. Here is how it looked before and what it looks like today....
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1369342571.927411.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1369342588.859104.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1369342600.732616.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
My kitchen is still not finished but it is starting to come together now. The contracter is going to start grouting tomorrow and the electrician is coming back to finish his stuff next week. Here is how it looked before and what it looks like today....

The backsplash turned out great!! You also have the stove that I wish I would have gotten now. :p It's awesome looking!!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

The backsplash turned out great!! You also have the stove that I wish I would have gotten now. :p It's awesome looking!!!

Thank you, I labored over the appliances and then the contracter said the GE profile ones that I orig wanted, i could not get because the fridge was way too big. So I went with LG but am happy now.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann sorry about losing your eye Dr.

Erin that looks great! So much brighter.

CtTortoiseMom said:
... but am happy now.

That is all that counts.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Mrs. C. , when is the dinner party we'll all be invited to? I like dead cow…hint…hint…!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Oh my gosh yes, Kerryann I am so sorry for your loss! A similiar situation happened to me and I spent days obsessing about the last conversation that I had with the person and trying to figure out if there was any indication of them being sick etc., etc.. I drove myself crazy!! It's a terrible shock:(

Cowboy_Ken said:
Mrs. C. , when is the dinner party we'll all be invited to? I like dead cow…hint…hint…!

For that we grill out on the deck, I haven't even tackled the dining room yet!

Thanks Jacqui :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

Thank you, I labored over the appliances and then the contracter said the GE profile ones that I orig wanted, i could not get because the fridge was way too big. So I went with LG but am happy now.

I can't tell you how many times I have been making huge meals at the holidays or just wanted to bake things that required two different temperatures and wished I had the double oven. You were smart.

CtTortoiseMom said:
Oh my gosh yes, Kerryann I am so sorry for your loss! A similiar situation happened to me and I spent days obsessing about the last conversation that I had with the person and trying to figure out if there was any indication of them being sick etc., etc.. I drove myself crazy!! It's a terrible shock:(

Cowboy_Ken said:

For that we grill out on the deck, I haven't even tackled the dining room yet!

Thanks Jacqui :)

I think part of why it is making me so sad is that when my cousin committed suicide I had such a hard time with it. He was the brother of my cousin I raised and he was supposed to come live with me after I bought my house in another two or three weeks but that didn't happen quick enough (and at this point I don't think it would have mattered). I know how it feels for my doctors family. You don't really grieve for so long because of the confusion, anger and blaming that you do. I didn't talk to my one uncle for a couple of years because I blamed him. I blamed myself and I wasn't normal for so long. Also when Matt died the religious dude said that christians believe if you kill yourself you go to hell. I thought what kind of a god would give my cousin a disease that caused him so much pain and robbed him of so much? I turned away from religion at that point. I found that it gave me great comfort today when I was worried about my doctors family hearing that message that the Jewish religion doesn't believe that you go to hell if you commit suicide..
anyway blah blah blah.... and yes I did obsess all day about how the last time I saw him I whined at him when he was only trying to make sure I was healthy and he was suffering with so much. :( At least at the end I gave him a hug and told him that I appreciated him keeping me seeing even though I am a spoiled brat.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Sorry to hear about your optometrist. When I was in middle school my orthodontist died in a plane crash and I cried because he was a family friend.

Did you see on the news about the I-5 bridge collapse in Washington? Hope everyone that was involved is relatively ok... Too much loss and tragedy going on this week.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
RosieRedfoot said:
Sorry to hear about your optometrist. When I was in middle school my orthodontist died in a plane crash and I cried because he was a family friend.

Did you see on the news about the I-5 bridge collapse in Washington? Hope everyone that was involved is relatively ok... Too much loss and tragedy going on this week.

From what I know, two cars ended up in the river with someone sitting on top of one of them.

MOUNT VERNON, WA (KPTV)—A bridge on Interstate 5 in northern Washington collapsed Thursday evening, sending people and cars into the water.

Washington State Patrol troopers confirmed both lanes of the Skagit River Bridge collapsed between Mount Vernon and Burlington.

A cause is not yet known. It happened around 7:15 p.m. Thursday.

The Skagit Valley Herald had a reporter at the scene who could see one person sitting on top of a vehicle in the water, with another vehicle in front of it.

Crowds lined up on both sides of the river to watch the situation unfold, the Herald reported.

Copyright 2013 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Kerryann, I'm so sorry to hear of your doctor's death. Whenever we hear of such tragedy, we question things. I know I always ask what could have made this person so unhappy to want to commit this act against himself? Btw, that religious person wasn't acting much like a Christian to say such a thing. Instead of saying something compassionate and comforting, he lied supposing to know how God would judge people. He no more knows about how God will judge than that there's a fiery place of eternal torment called hell because no one knows the mind of God, and there's no such place as hell. I don't blame you for rejecting religions. I don't believe, based on my studies, that ancient Jews believed in a literal hell. The Hebrew word "Gahenna" has has been misinterpreted thought the ages, and that's the problem. Anyway, I'm sorry with you friend.

Erin, your kitchen is simply fabulous!! Love those river rocks. My kitchen looks more like what your kitchen looked like before:p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Hey Sibi, I've missed you. Don't check your mail box for chicory seed yet, as I've yet to send any. Friday I shall be sending a parcel of supplies to a tortoise rescue and I'll send seed to you. Today, I ordered 4500+ California poppy seeds as well as 1/4 lbs. of hollyhock mallow seed for broadcast planting in the russians enclosure. These will be added to the plantain, dandelion, kale, radish, and chicory already sprouting or growing out there for them.

I post my longest post in 2-3 days, and you don't respond? A lonely tear falls.
(Sorry, that's from a 50's country song I was listening to earlier.)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
What post was that? You can't be talking about this post, although, I must admit that this too is long for you.:p Don't worry, I'm not looking for it. It'll get here when it gets here. Thanks in advance.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Yes. That last post. (Insert Smily face emoji here.)

Everyone 'cept us in the Pacific Northwest seems to be enjoying spring like weather. We were colder than Alaska yesterday for a high. Angry tortoises I tell you what.
People, I think, are warring themselves out during the day and going to bed early, it would seem.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Yeah, that would be it. Come to think about it, it is long. Were you saving it all up for this moment? Lol Aw..that's sweet. Hardly anyone misses me here. I just pop in from time to time. I wish were could really meet the people here. I'd imagine that people won't be anything like we imagine them to be here. I guess the name is appropriate, "Pretend Chat." what say you?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
When grocery shopping in town(pop. 2027) I think I see folks I know from the forum simply cause I see them whenever I go to town. But I never stop them in Safeway's egg department to tell them how Little Ricky is doing, because I figure they already read the post. Lol.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I wish I knew where some members lived near me. I think it would be cool to show off our torts. My cardiologist said I couldn't have the elbow surgery I need. I have to be surgery free for a year I'm on Plavix, a blood thinner, and can't be off it for even a day. If I do, I could have another massive heart attack. I think of the days where I forgot to take my meds.oops

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
That's a drag. But it's good to have a doctor that truly cares about you and not just his/hers pocket book. My pharmacist tells me more about interactions between differing meds than my doctor! When I point out to him that I'm prone to ocular migraines and the meds he prescribed tend to encourage them, he gets a puzzled look on his face and suggests I'm mistaken. I suggest he recheck his PDR and he corrects himself. So it goes.

Did you see my book post from earlier today? Check it out. You MIGHT still be able to download it at the special price.

Status
Not open for further replies.