Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
RosieRedfoot said:
Sunny and 85 here! We're grilling shish kabobs. I worked for 4 hours this morning so I got paid 1.5 regular pay (so what I really deserve in pay, lol). Some days I'm running customer service AND a checkout lane at the same time yet still make a smidgen above minimum wage. At least I have a job I guess. :p

On a pet note, Dante is blowing his undercoat and as you can tell, he feels much better. I only did his hips and back so I still need to furminate his neck and front.

Prince, happy (and dumb) as always

Your puppies are so cute. Yesterday the girl at the groomer said she took a whole ozzie off cici's.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
It's rainy and gray here too. We got the tortoise garden done today before it started pouring. I was so excited. Yesterday we found an ad for a 10 acre farm not far from our house for a reasonable price. We went and it was a dump :( The place has a barn with 14 stalls but the way the barn and other out buildings looked they all needed major renovations. The house was built in 1840 something and it was a dump. It was sad to see such an old house looking so bad.

Could you fix them up?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
@ Kerryann I watched "This is 40" and thought the exact same thing!! Plus they make it seem like that level of parental selfishness and dysfunction is the norm and I have a teenager and that has not been my experience at all!!

My inlaws are here from NC for the week because Lily & my eldest walked in two parades today and my eldest is in a play on Fri. And Lily has a T-ball game and a violin recital on Sat. & my poor SIL who lives two miles away from me is having a full hysterectomy on Wed. My memorial day in pics....
Here is my sweet FIL & my son
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1369706513.482782.jpg
My eldest and my SIL
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1369706595.389338.jpg
& Lily doing the princess wave
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1369706636.450177.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

CtTortoiseMom said:
@ Kerryann I watched "This is 40" and thought the exact same thing!! Plus they make it seem like that level of parental selfishness and dysfunction is the norm and I have a teenager and that has not been my experience at all!!

My inlaws are here from NC for the week because Lily & my eldest walked in two parades today and my eldest is in a play on Fri. And Lily has a T-ball game and a violin recital on Sat. & my poor SIL who lives two miles away from me is having a full hysterectomy on Wed. My memorial day in pics....
Here is my sweet FIL & my son

My eldest and my SIL

& Lily doing the princess wave

I am glad someone else thought the same. A bunch of people thought it was funny and i am crazy. Well i am crazy but....
Aww cute pics :) kids love parades!!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thanks :) Lily met a "beauty queen" while standing with her Daisy troup waiting to go and her new goal in life is to be a parade queen. I don't even know where to start researching "parade queens" and probably don't want to know!!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Beautiful Jacqui! For all your talk of no green thumb you sure seem to have a beautifully planted yard!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
Beautiful Jacqui! For all your talk of no green thumb you sure seem to have a beautifully planted yard!!

I have certain things I do okay with, but then things like starting from seeds or cactus I just can't seem to do. Any plant inside the house also dies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

I have certain things I do okay with, but then things like starting from seeds or cactus I just can't seem to do. Any plant inside the house also dies.

I actually have the same problem! I can maintain any plant started and established outside, but I can not grow anything or keep anything alive in my house! It is so frustetating!!

Frustetating? I have to leave that one. Thanks genius autocorrect!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D interesting word! :D With me, the cats make it almost impossible to try house plants. I do have a few that survived winter upstairs and in my bedroom (no cat zones, but also low heat and light zones :( ) Perhaps you will have better luck in the new house.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
Thanks :) Lily met a "beauty queen" while standing with her Daisy troup waiting to go and her new goal in life is to be a parade queen. I don't even know where to start researching "parade queens" and probably don't want to know!!!

I think you should check every safe search feature on google before looking up, “parade queen", just sayin.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

I think you should check every safe search feature on google before looking up, “parade queen", just sayin.

LOL!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome to another week of fun, laughter and sometimes tears. :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Good morning all. Last night we had massive down pours with T&L 4.23" so far of rain. All the strawberries are rotting ing the fields, and African tortoises are getting mad that they are having restrictions on daytime outdoor time.
Monday I completed Little Ricky's final indoor habitat only to discover I made it too efficient. Using HPL and the latest hi-tech thermo window, now a 100watt power sun lamp heats the entire enclosure at about 107.5 f which is too hot by about 10f in my opinion. Once the light click on, I'll post a pic. Other than the too efficient problem, I really like how it turned out.
Could someone post a link to the android app for the tortoise forum please? I would like to share it for the droid users. Thanks, and happy Monday that's not!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
As promised, here is the new one. If only I had been into green tree boas…ImageUploadedByTortForum1369760863.604713.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1369760876.536671.jpg

Wow you guys. I brushed my teeth so I doubt it's my breath, where is everyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I was outside taking in a new leopard rescue, but I'm here now. Are you still here?

Status
Not open for further replies.