Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Ken, from what I could understand of your man speak that sounds like a big enclosure! I hope you post pictures!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Pictures will be posted. If I could muster the manpower and material, I'd enclose the whole five acres with a 1/2 acre for the russians of course!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Nebraska is east of the continental divide, it does really exist.

That said, did everyone see the “Prancercize" lady? What the …

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Cowboy_Ken said:
I was just mowing a section of our pasture and spooked 2 big garter snakes. I was gonna jump off and grab them for a picture for you guys, but thought that may not be the most prudent thing to do in that I could, in theory, have injured myself. I always have my deck set at 7" for the first cutting so as to give the little guys a chance to move. The worst part is the old growth plantain and dandelion that gets mowed. Walking the pasture, I don't see it, but watching the front end, I always do. This was the pre mow for the 50'x300' sulcata enclosure I'm making.

Go big or go home…wait, I am home.

300 by 50 should make a nice enclosure, does that include the house? The snakes I have been finding mowing have not be very big and they seem to take a long time to get their little tails over to the safe places I try directing them too. :D

Cowboy_Ken said:
That said, did everyone see the “Prancercize" lady? What the …

Missed that one.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Loving it, loving it all the way:p Jacqui, do I get one of these for every percentage point my AC1 goes down? I have been feeling great and haven't felt this good in years! Don't know what it was that changed other than the doc finally lowered the insulin rates just right. I haven't had a low for over 2 weeks. Without lows, i feel normal...well, as normal as it gets for me. So, Jacqui, do you know the song or not? I absolutely love that song. I think it was recorded in the early 80's. I so happy for everybody...for you Jacqui, and you Kerryann, and you Kim, and you Cowboy, and you Courtney, and you Shelly, and you Erin, and for you Jaizei, and for all those out there!!!!

quote='Jacqui' pid='677057' dateline='1370004289']
Now as for Sibi's health news...

[/quote]

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So their house would be the barn you now have or how big of one are you thinking of building next to their enclosure?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Cowboy_Ken said:
Yes. In the barn that now collects field fence and other items.

Hey that reminds me, how are the folks doing with the horses?

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Ugh, my feet and brain hurt from work... I worked customer service and our computer crashed mid returns right at closing and could not get it to let us re-return the item since it was stuck in limbo so I had to stay late to get it done. And a lot of people were shopping late like 10 minutes before closing the doors so I rang up a lot of people in a seemingly endless 6 hour shift of placating person after person and standing constantly. Didn't even get around to half the "tasks" I'm supposed to. Soooo glad I have 3 days off in a row to recoup. >.>

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
When it was 35, windy, and raining they hadn't showed up to blanket them, so I did. When they showed up to feed that evening, I went down to explain that they're only 3 miles away, and if it crappy weather at their house, it's crappy at ours and they need to properly care for the horses. They flipped out over the criticism and moved the horses out two days later. We can only pretend they are doing fine because truly it is out of our hands. It's sad really.

Kerryann said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
Mine are direct sunlight. Not sure of the ground cover idea. Save yourself, there's got to be a burger joint nearby.

After being a vegetarian that's now mostly vegan for years it'd make me sick. :( but now a nice portobello cap mmmm.. Though I am avoiding wheat these days :(

In your honor, I cooked a pile of mushrooms to top the slab of beef and a side pile of spinach.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Cowboy_Ken said:
When it was 35, windy, and raining they hadn't showed up to blanket them, so I did. When they showed up to feed that evening, I went down to explain that they're only 3 miles away, and if it crappy weather at their house, it's crappy at ours and they need to properly care for the horses. They flipped out over the criticism and moved the horses out two days later. We can only pretend they are doing fine because truly it is out of our hands. It's sad really.

Kerryann said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
Mine are direct sunlight. Not sure of the ground cover idea. Save yourself, there's got to be a burger joint nearby.

After being a vegetarian that's now mostly vegan for years it'd make me sick. :( but now a nice portobello cap mmmm.. Though I am avoiding wheat these days :(

In your honor, I cooked a pile of mushrooms to top the slab of beef and a side pile of spinach.

I am sad to hear about your horses. Hopefully where ever they put them takes good care of them. If we had liked that farm and went to bid on it I was going to ask you about boarding and how it works but it was in bad shape and with how much we work it want worth the money. The out buildings all needed work, the green houses were plastic, and the house was run down.
I love mushrooms

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Truth be told it would have worked great. That said, some of the behavior could be part of a massive dosing of pain meds the couple shared with each other.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

Cowboy_Ken said:
Truth be told it would have worked great. That said, some of the behavior could be part of a massive dosing of pain meds the couple shared with each other.

That is sad :(
When Mikey had his back issues before they did surgery he was in pain killers for ten months. His personality was so different. He was so sweet and needy. :p
It was creepy.
Him not being able to walk for that long eventually caused him depression.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
What I saw was more of a recreational approach to pain management with these folks and maybe they just sort of lost touch with what really counts in life. The people in it.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Nope, none of them were the one. Here's the URL http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=8_96uyfmqgo

You may just get YouTube, so do a search for Leo Sayer "When I Need You"

This song is so awesome! I absolutely love it. I even downloaded the lyrics. it's an oldie but goodie. It reminds me of you and Jeff because it's about a truck driver who is on the road endlessly, but misses his love. You've have to have heard it before.
Jacqui said:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

Cowboy_Ken said:
What I saw was more of a recreational approach to pain management with these folks and maybe they just sort of lost touch with what really counts in life. The people in it.

Its funny because when Mikey was done with the pain and after his second back surgery could walk he went cold turkey off the meds and just took ibuprofen.
Everyone is different but i thought he'd end up with an issue.
I'm addicted to diet soda and I'm so allergic to it

Status
Not open for further replies.