Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Ok. So I figured it all out. I'm the only one that had overcast, rainy skies last night, and all of you were staring at the huge moon event, transfixed by the sight. As a result, a) everyone has kinks in their necks and can't move their heads to read the forum and, b) you'all are still sleeping from staying out all night.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
My poor little girl is having a hard week! Her best friend, the family cat Mooch passed away this morning. the house is full of teary faces today. I miss him so much!

IMG_73842.jpg

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm so sorry. We've got 6 cats, everyone unique unto himself, and it saddens me thinking of the inevitable. We're you able to bury at your place? Sometimes that helps.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
IMG_3999_zps7a237dee.jpg~original

Cowboy_Ken said:
I'm so sorry. We've got 6 cats, everyone unique unto himself, and it saddens me thinking of the inevitable. We're you able to bury at your place? Sometimes that helps.

we have him in a ice chest till the morning and then he is being cremated :( its so hard especially for my daughter and I. I hand raised him and his brothers since they were 2 weeks old. I adopted them all out but Mooch came back to us because he wouldnt stop meowing so we decided to keep him... he was with us for 8 years... not long enough. he was my daughter first friend... and he let her carry him around with his legs dangling and would just purr the whole time. he would also make sure he was included in everything she was doing... he even put himself in her halloween pictures!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
That's the hard part for us. All our cats were head trauma kittens that Karen would bring home from the clinic and bottle feed ever 4 hrs. Sure, a couple of them tilt their heads and one is very obviously, “special" but we love them all. The special one, is fascinated by tree frogs. He could careless about birds or rodents, but if he sees or hears a tree frog, he will fully sit for days staring at the rain spout where it was spotted.
Ok. Enough of all this. As one would assume by my name, I'm not this much of a softy, and I'm feeling a little uncomfortable by this. Put together a photo album of just the cat, and go through it with your baby, and let the tears flow.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
thats just what I am doing now! sounds like you and your wife have big hearts for those kitties. they are lucky to have you.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Melly-n-shorty said:
My poor little girl is having a hard week! Her best friend, the family cat Mooch passed away this morning. the house is full of teary faces today. I miss him so much!

IMG_73842.jpg

:( Sorry Mel and daughter *hugs* He sure was a handsome fellow.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Best part…the cats all played a part in raising Ava. So here's that picture, the big, bad Doberman getting sheep eyes when she's eating and walking away because a cat showed up and pushed her off her food. She watches over them as well. If there is a cat fight, she charges over barking, her running past our cat going in the opposite direction and stands at the fence line barking, making sure all foreign cats understand which side of the fence they belong.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
than you Jacqui, I went and gave Rowan a big hug on your behalf... Mooch was super handsome in the winter but he always looked ragged in the summer. the vet said it was because he had a triple coat.

Ken that is super cute about your dog! She sounds like a total sweetie!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Melly-n-shorty said:
We suggest that she is dumber than a sack of rocks. The most important thing though, if she's in her kennel at night, and a cat walks into it, she will gingerly step past the cat, and go lay down in her dog bed in the living-room.
Our cats are very important to us. Cats give one attention, not FOR approval from us, but to show approval for us. Make sure your little one knows what she must have meant to her cat.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Ok. So I figured it all out. I'm the only one that had overcast, rainy skies last night, and all of you were staring at the huge moon event, transfixed by the sight. As a result, a) everyone has kinks in their necks and can't move their heads to read the forum and, b) you'all are still sleeping from staying out all night.

It was 90 and sunny today. I spent the whole day in the pool and didn't get burned. I love the new misting sunblock.

Melly-n-shorty said:

IMG_73842.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss of a beloved family member :(

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Sorry to hear about your kitty. Never easy losing a pet.

As per usual, here's a photo of what I made for dinner: hula chicken!
ImageUploadedByTortForum1372032015.619673.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Mooch was absolutely beautiful, I always remind my boys that our animals teach us important lessons before they go on. We reflect on what that lesson was, and give thanks for the time we got. Not that there are no tears though!

Hubby was saved by the bell, Monsters University with 2 12 yr old boys, 2 13, year olds, the 17 yr old and his 16 yr old girlfriend. He SAID that he was sad the plumbing phone rang, but I'm not sure I believe him ;-)

I'm going to try, but know I won't be able to catch up with ya'll. Missed the tort crew!

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Ken, Ill make sure she knows! i just finished the photo book, it should be here in the next 3 days.

thank you Kerryann! he was an amazing guy.

I just keep wishing it wasnt true.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Melly-n-shorty said:
Ken, Ill make sure she knows! i just finished the photo book, it should be here in the next 3 days.

thank you Kerryann! he was an amazing guy.

I just keep wishing it wasnt true.

Karen and I have one very special cat to us. He's the only one of his litter that survived. His name is Rodeo. We tell people he is the glue that holds our marriage together. I rue the day when that old man passes. Knowing in my heart of hearts how lucky we are to have him in our lives.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
He was born during the big rodeo here in Oregon, The Sisters Rodeo. Hence his name. He's pushing 11 yrs this summer.

If you've seen any of the pictures of Ava with a cat loving on her, that's Rodeo.

Status
Not open for further replies.