Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Sibi is gone for 4-5 weeks and her first post when she comes back is talking about her tortoises junk…

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Oh, then it's normal. I was thinking he was smaller. I'd say anytime after they reach 7" is fair game.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow, I can't get over this. My Honey Girl is now a Horny Boy! If he's a boy, then I wonder about Beasty Boy who is bigger. He hasn't shown anything yet. Maybe he's a big girl. Boy, did I get that wrong from the start. If I have two males brothers, they may have to be separated. Their space is large, but they may go after each other some day. Baby Runt is still too tiny to tell anything yet even though he's four years old.

Cowboy, hi to you too. I've been worried about my babies and taking good care of them. Beasty Boy had a RI that needed care, and I've had a bout with fibromyalgia, which is very debilitating. Also, my cardio therapy had started about the time I eased off chat. So, in short, I've been taking care of myself and my animals for a change. I had to go to sleep earlier so that I can operate during the day. I guess you missed me, huh?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
sibi said:
Wow, I can't get over this. My Honey Girl is now a Horny Boy! If he's a boy, then I wonder about Beasty Boy who is bigger. He hasn't shown anything yet. Maybe he's a big girl. Boy, did I get that wrong from the start. If I have two males brothers, they may have to be separated. Their space is large, but they may go after each other some day. Baby Runt is still too tiny to tell anything yet even though he's four years old.

Cowboy, hi to you too. I've been worried about my babies and taking good care of them. Beasty Boy had a RI that needed care, and I've had a bout with fibromyalgia, which is very debilitating. Also, my cardio therapy had started about the time I eased off chat. So, in short, I've been taking care of myself and my animals for a change. I had to go to sleep earlier so that I can operate during the day. I guess you missed me, huh?

Yeah, I've missed you. Karen has fibromyalgia as well, so I know first hand how much fun that can be. Can you not tell by the plastron the likely sex of your tortoises? Not Baby Runt, but the larger two?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sibi my larger two boyz are both over 50 lbs. One just flashed me last year and the other one I have not yet saw him do it. They are both males no doubt, they just don't do a lot of flashing.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
D2A5B566-7231-4C5C-BB85-FCA01A531FD6-10612-00000B866B70408E.jpg

Teagers and Maynard have started a burrow.

E3BE245C-4B9E-4942-AB49-DB62A819C2DA-10612-00000B86D243A1F2.jpg

And Tai broke his leg last month so he is in a cast now. It comes off next weekend though.

SO what is new for everyone else?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi Thalatte, where have you've been? I asked about you a few weeks ago. Glad to hear from you. Did you read that my Honey Girl is a boy? He flashed us yesterday because he was so happy to see us after several hours of being alone. It has been raining cats and dogs here in the panhandle. The sullies had to stay in, and we had to go out of town for most of the day. When we got home, Honey Boy was so excited to see us that he flashed this enormous thing at me. At first, I screamed and cried because I thought it was a prolapse. But, then I took a better look and it looked too uniformed to be a prolapse. Not ever seeing a flash before, you can see how frightening it was to me. This 20 month baby has a penis that's larger than some men! what a monster he'll be someday.

Jacqui, how do I get my baby to be a seldom flasher? I don't think I like this flashing thing.
Jacqui said:
Sibi my larger two boyz are both over 50 lbs. One just flashed me last year and the other one I have not yet saw him do it. They are both males no doubt, they just don't do a lot of flashing.

No, I couldn't tell from the plastron. They are still too young. Their plastron doesn't show either way yet. That's what was so freaky about the sighting.

Cowboy_Ken said:
sibi said:

Yeah, I've missed you. Karen has fibromyalgia as well, so I know first hand how much fun that can be. Can you not tell by the plastron the likely sex of your tortoises? Not Baby Runt, but the larger two?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Well this was a fun day. I spent a few hours with the torts outdoors then I took the dogs and went kayaking. Cici only jumped out of the kayak once and unfortunately it was where the water was really deep so I jumped out and without being able to touch the ground was able to hike cici back into the kayak and swim to a dock about a 1/4 mile down the river. Cici I will say was happy to be back in the kayak and I was pretty sure that I was being eaten alive by leaches. Luckily, somehow I was leach free.
So here's a pic of me and my copilot.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
My pet toad attacked my foot tonight. I was walking down the sidewalk to fix my tortoise flag which the wind wrapped around the pole and my porch toad jumped out of the day lillies and grappled the side of my foot. I almost stepped on him and I screamed outside at 11pm. :p Then as I was lecturing him about not getting squished he sat there and gave me the stink eye. :rolleyes: It was kind of funny. Mikey was out at the other end of the porch and when I screamed he came running ready to pull his gun. Then when he realized what was going on he was worried about toad my not my foot. When we were at the zoo the lady in the amphibian house told me that toads have a poison on their skin and now I am about to have a hypochondriac meltdown.
Oh and I think I am allergic to carmel. How is that possible. :(

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Yes toads are poisonous. Those glands between the eye and the ear hole, when squeezed produce a milky substance that…SHOULD NOT BE LICKED!!!! Put your hypochondria to bed where it belongs, you have nothing to worry about.
But, I did notice you were not wearing a floatation device of any kind while kayaking. That's a no-no and you should know better, shame girl, shame!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I can't imagine being allergic to caramel... I think my body rejects Splenda now though..

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Cowboy_Ken said:
Yes toads are poisonous. Those glands between the eye and the ear hole, when squeezed produce a milky substance that…SHOULD NOT BE LICKED!!!! Put your hypochondria to bed where it belongs, you have nothing to worry about.
But, I did notice you were not wearing a floatation device of any kind while kayaking. That's a no-no and you should know better, shame girl, shame!

Yea I didn't think the river was that deep. When I hopped out I thought it was waist deep but the deception was the seaweed. I have a fabulous bodyglove lifevest stuffed in the front of my kayak. It helped me none being there though. :p
I actually realized that the allergist told me he thought I had birch tree syndrome last time I saw him based on my food allergy combination. I think it may be the pecans not the caramel. That would mean I'm allergic to other nuts as well. I have been eating more nuts lately so I'm probably building my sensitivity. Ugh my allergies..
Thanks Ken, I was worried about wrath of toad on my foot.

RosieRedfoot said:
I can't imagine being allergic to caramel... I think my body rejects Splenda now though..

Yes fake sweeteners make my mouth feel like a chemical burn and my lips peel.

Officially... I'm back off the food!!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I used the protecting carmex this last time and the avobenzone sunscreen in it caused my lips to blister. I used sunscreen in Hawaii with avobenzone and had hives everywhere it touched. So I guess we all just sound like such sensitive whiners, lol.

My lips still feel painful and dry so I've been putting on my salve with "hippie ingredients" to fix it. To be honest, it does smell like it belongs in a whole foods or something. But at least it works!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good morning fellow whiners!! I mean chatters. :p :p :p :D :D :D

fireworks_zpsd791c987.jpg

Fireworks are still going off, this time to announce the birthday of Yvonne!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
RosieRedfoot said:
I used the protecting carmex this last time and the avobenzone sunscreen in it caused my lips to blister. I used sunscreen in Hawaii with avobenzone and had hives everywhere it touched. So I guess we all just sound like such sensitive whiners, lol.

My lips still feel painful and dry so I've been putting on my salve with "hippie ingredients" to fix it. To be honest, it does smell like it belongs in a whole foods or something. But at least it works!

Oh that stinks :(

Who's giving Yvonne her birthday spankings :D

Thalatte

5 Year Member
sibi said:
Hi Thalatte, where have you've been? I asked about you a few weeks ago. Glad to hear from you. Did you read that my Honey Girl is a boy? He flashed us yesterday because he was so happy to see us after several hours of being alone...

Well I moved back home with all my animals and am no longer a nanny. Instead I do the billing for an optometrist office. Between that and Tai's leg, My dog's issues, and the new rescues I just havent found the time to get online anymore. But Everything is finally winding down so I should be on a little more often.

I did read about your girl being a boy and I am hoping that never happens to me since it seems all 4 of my torts are boys and I definitely dont want to see their junk.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:

With as many spanks as it would be, we might want to be thinking tag team spankings. ;) :cool: :p :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:

With as many spanks as it would be, we might want to be thinking tag team spankings. ;) :cool: :p :D

I agree, we'd have to or have sore hands :)
Yvonne, what kind of fun did you have for your birthday?

Status
Not open for further replies.