5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
Erin,
I loved the day in pictures :D

So Mikey is taking me away for my birthday week. We are going up to Toronto, then north and up to Soo Canada and then down to Drummond Island Mi to pick up our dogs. :D

Thanks & nice!! I wish I was going away for my birthday!

He's planning a week of fun and adventure

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
You kids kill me with your birthday weeks. When my brother in law bought me a shot glass for me for a recent birthday, I decided then and there that I will celebrate a birthday hour.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

Cowboy_Ken said:
You kids kill me with your birthday weeks. When my brother in law bought me a shot glass for me for a recent birthday, I decided then and there that I will celebrate a birthday hour.

Hey now I have only had 4 days off so far this year, and most of those I worked. Mikey is my calgon

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
Cowboy_Ken said:

Hey now I have only had 4 days off so far this year, and most of those I worked. Mikey is my calgon

Took me a second.. "Calgon take me away" right? :D

Ken, I really dislike birthdays or anything that puts attention on me but I do love presents!! Do it for the presents man!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
Cowboy_Ken said:

Took me a second.. "Calgon take me away" right? :D

Ken, I really dislike birthdays or anything that puts attention on me but I do love presents!! Do it for the presents man!!

Yes.. Now that was old school
He is helping me avoid a birthday party too which is also awesome. I have been dreading my birthday

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
The shot glass says, “Old Fart! Old Fart! Old Fart!" on it. I think I left that part out. Shot glasses make for happy birthdays.

So here's a fun bit of advice. When you tell your wife that you planted a rose of Sharon that you know she'll just love, don't be overly excited when you tell her months later, how much the tortoises enjoyed the leaves you cut off of it. Just saying.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Don't blame me for still being awake. Tonight's sunset here was at 9:00. Makes for a long day.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I think Ellie the rescue boxer just had a seizure. She fell over in her crate and we heard thrashing while eating dinner and so we went to see and she was on her side, legs out, glassy eyed in a pool of urine. She started coming to and proceeded to vomit on my lap and on herself several times then laid down panting and looking confused. She refused any of her food, even beef liver treats. Vet said unless she has another and continues to perk up we can just bring her in the am to do bloodwork and all that. Her weird lumps the vet said to keep an eye on are larger too but that's not as alarming as the seizure. So I really don't know what's going on but it may be cancer related. Things like these always happen right at vet closing time too.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
RosieRedfoot said:
I think Ellie the rescue boxer just had a seizure. She fell over in her crate and we heard thrashing while eating dinner and so we went to see and she was on her side, legs out, glassy eyed in a pool of urine. She started coming to and proceeded to vomit on my lap and on herself several times then laid down panting and looking confused. She refused any of her food, even beef liver treats. Vet said unless she has another and continues to perk up we can just bring her in the am to do bloodwork and all that. Her weird lumps the vet said to keep an eye on are larger too but that's not as alarming as the seizure. So I really don't know what's going on but it may be cancer related. Things like these always happen right at vet closing time too.

That's got to be a little unsettling! Did you check her tongue out for bites? Is she coming around yet?

So just wondering, is this a conga line?ImageUploadedByTortForum1373500501.439767.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I am so sorry Kim :(
I would be a wreck and panicked mess. I am not composed so I would have had my dog at the emergency vet again. I am so sorry you are going through this but I am happy that she has you and isn't in some shelter.

Today was another mess. Did I mention that tomorrow is my friday? We will be in bay city on Friday and then going even further up north. Don't worry I will have my phone.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I've seen dogs have seizures before so I just sat next to her checking her pulse/breathing to make sure neither stopped and wiping up vomit. She did go pale in the gums but after some tepid water and treats she's regained her color. She's been in her crate since then to keep her calm and safe. But she's hungry, thirsty, and wiggly butted again so those are all good signs.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

RosieRedfoot said:
I've seen dogs have seizures before so I just sat next to her checking her pulse/breathing to make sure neither stopped and wiping up vomit. She did go pale in the gums but after some tepid water and treats she's regained her color. She's been in her crate since then to keep her calm and safe. But she's hungry, thirsty, and wiggly butted again so those are all good signs.

That is good.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
We caught another mouse in the trap. And Ellie is acting normal again. Pretend chat seems to have slowed down. Where is everyone?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
RosieRedfoot said:
We caught another mouse in the trap. And Ellie is acting normal again. Pretend chat seems to have slowed down. Where is everyone?

I have another soul eating project lately but this one isn't as ugly.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
It's not raining in the PNW so I've been doing stuff outside. Our top pasture is about 2 acres and I had my neighbor come down and mow it for me. Now I just see 2 acres of tortoise pen. I wish.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi Cowboy. I've been exercising, and caring for my torts. I have a new box turtle. He's a juvenile and a real hoot. When I go out to feed him, he jumps out of his hiding place and tries to bit my finger. I think this is his way of telling me he wants large, live worms. So I got that for him and he has stopped trying to bite my finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.