Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
I just uploaded a few pics of Rosie swimming in the sink. I think I mentioned on here a while back I was going to take some, and now I finally got around to it! Yay for having a day off work (finally) :) Been helping my boyfriend with his DIY subwoofer since he needed help wrapping it in faux wood veneer to make it look nicer.

Tech13

5 Year Member
Ok, vacation is about to end, I just caught up on things, and I am glad I read chit chat, so I will be prepared when my male Greek decides to flash me, lol! I just wanted to share this pic of Tech on vacation with us:ImageUploadedByTortForum1373285253.461280.jpg

He had another shade bucket in there and slept indoors in a storage tote setup...soon I will have to pack all of it up to go...so sad!View attachment 48622found these for the 4th (grin), and my son with his tort:ImageUploadedByTortForum1373286062.993923.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortForum1373286137.533255.jpgthis is the pic that didn't go thru the first time, had to get them when I saw them, cute, huh?

Oh, and Happy Birthday Yvonne!

Last edited by a moderator:

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
It's funny how on my day off I do everything chore-wise then on the days I have work, even if only a 5 hour shift, I have no desire to do anything the rest of the day. Guess I'm just a bum!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
How do you all get the energy to do all these projects? Is it about age or what? Cowboy, I missed talking with you. Oh, and btw, all the gravy bowls are lined up high on a shelf on the wall. I think they look so unique. Some people put dishes or teapots up on a wall. I put gravy bowls up. The bowls I got from you were so different and unique. So, thanks.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
So, question for my pretend chatters..

I noticed a local vet clinic is seeking assistants/receptionists. I have a degree in pre veterinary and some experience doing both those positions.

I am currently working with Target and while it's not a glorious job I have job stability.

Should I apply to the vet related job? I'm thinking of at least applying but I fear it may jeopardize my job at target if they caught wind of it.

My last two animal related jobs ended poorly. One I was let go after throwing out my back since we were always short staffed and I had to do too much, the other one I have still yet to receive pay for 3 paychecks after 2 years (has been filed with labor div).

So, should I take the chance in the animal field again or stay where I'm at for the security of staying employed?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Many times companies will honor a request to not contacting current employer, but it is a risk. If you really want to work in the animal care field, this is a risk only you know if you're willing to take. See if you can do a review search on the clinic, to see if it even seems like a clinic you'd want to work at. You may or may not know, but Karen, my wife, is a RVT/CVT, she has worked and left some lemon clinics and shed tears when leaving other clinics.

A truck full of hundreds of live turkeys has overturned on a local roadway. It's sad and very funny at the same time. The cages have all smashed open and turkeys are stampeding all over. They had to close 2 main roads. Birds are very hard to corral.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
If the goal is to work with animals, then I think you should go for it. Target cannot fire you for applying for another job. To me, life is about taking risks and fighting for what you want. The fight is the best part!!

So today I went to my son's lung & bump check because 10 days ago he had pneumonia and chicken pox. So the good news is his lungs are clear and it doesn't look like he is going to have any scars from all of the itching, the bad news is they heard a strange swishing sound in his heart that didn't sound like a typical murmur so it is off to cardiology we go.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Well that sucks. I'm glad we are in the age that we are, earlier this might have been not noticed. The stress/concern connected with a child is a heavy one.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I've been in a lot of lemon clinics. Which is kind of why I want to intern at the zoo their next intern go-around and see if that leads to any sort of work. I have the degree but not the year of exotic zoo experience they require. At least I have tortoise experience!

I like learning about the care and upkeep of a wide variety of animals.

I looked at the clinic's staff page and it seems their receptionist and an assistant are pregnant so I bet that's why they're hiring for those positions.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Yeah. I'm wondering if they just need some people to cover maternity leaves...

I'm going to look into the zoos internships. A lot of their assistant and junior zookeepers there usually get their start as an intern.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
If the goal is to work with animals, then I think you should go for it. Target cannot fire you for applying for another job. To me, life is about taking risks and fighting for what you want. The fight is the best part!!

So today I went to my son's lung & bump check because 10 days ago he had pneumonia and chicken pox. So the good news is his lungs are clear and it doesn't look like he is going to have any scars from all of the itching, the bad news is they heard a strange swishing sound in his heart that didn't sound like a typical murmur so it is off to cardiology we go.

:( :( :( Darn Erin does it ever end for you and your family? Fingers crossed it was just a funny reading and not really anything there.

While they may not fire you, you may suddenly find your getting in trouble for everything and anything. They can make you seem like your not meeting job expectations, not give you full raises and promotions and just sorta start pushing you out the door.

RosieRedfoot said:
So, should I take the chance in the animal field again or stay where I'm at for the security of staying employed?

Me, I am a chance taker. I would go for it.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
So after the doc I wanted to run to the store & get my hair cut and I almost ran into (lierally) this adorable border collie named Jingles. After calling in the number on her rabies vax tag to the vet listed they tracked down the owner who picked her up from me on the side of the road...
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1373413988.266616.jpg
Then I went to the store and saw a sign that said "Emergency, blood shortage"!! Please donate today so I stopped and donated...
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1373414109.057255.jpg
Then totally behind on everything I decided to get my hairs cut...
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1373414171.656337.jpg

So that is my day :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Erin, you have such simple, lazy, do nothing type days... :rolleyes: :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:

Yay on the pox but eek on the cardiology. The good news is that cardiology has advanced so much that not much is horribly scary anymore.

In other cardiology news I saw that Randy Travis has the rare myocarditis that almost killed me.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
Erin, you have such simple, lazy, do nothing type days... :rolleyes: :D

Haha, I know right! And thanks for the well wishes. So far every problem that the kids have had have been manageable so I am crossing my fingers that this heart thing is too! The earliest they could see him was Aug. 8th so that is kind of a good sign that they aren't bumping patients do he can be seen!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Erin,
I loved the day in pictures :D

So Mikey is taking me away for my birthday week. We are going up to Toronto, then north and up to Soo Canada and then down to Drummond Island Mi to pick up our dogs. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
Erin,
I loved the day in pictures :D

So Mikey is taking me away for my birthday week. We are going up to Toronto, then north and up to Soo Canada and then down to Drummond Island Mi to pick up our dogs. :D

Thanks & nice!! I wish I was going away for my birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.