Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
As long as you don't leave a mark and no witness sure its legal!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
If I hit some one they would probably laugh at me.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I ordered a exoterra incubator, the one that heats and cools to hold a steady temp, and also found an old (about 1900) Willcox and Gibbs treadle sewing machine that is to be auctioned off this Friday, and it will be coming home with me, (one I've been looking for).OK that's 2 post in one day, way over my limit.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
That's great! Congrats!!

Look at how funny my dog is sitting...

Attachments

• image-1949886697.png
    image-1949886697.png
    710.7 KB · Views: 46
  • image-121211327.png
    image-121211327.png
    604.3 KB · Views: 44

Thalatte

5 Year Member
That's great congratulations Len!

That is too cute. So she is no longer being punished for the coat?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
sibi said:
I could really use one of those in the near future. Although my torts are only 1 1/2 years old and weigh only 5 1/2 lbs., it won't be long before I'll need one of those. Where did you get that Yvonne?

If I'm remembering correctly, I got it at Tractor Supply.

Len said:
I ordered a exoterra incubator, the one that heats and cools to hold a steady temp, and also found an old (about 1900) Willcox and Gibbs treadle sewing machine that is to be auctioned off this Friday, and it will be coming home with me, (one I've been looking for).OK that's 2 post in one day, way over my limit.

I bought that incubator last year and couldn't get the temperature right. I ended up giving it away.

I want to see pictures of your new/old sewing machine. You sound very sure about it coming home after the auction. Does that mean that the sky's the limit?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Erin, you've trained that Dane too good! That's so cute. It took a pic of your Dane to get me to post...Hahaha. How are you all enjoying the newer, faster thread? I guess he's out of the doghouse for eating up your down, huh? That's why he's sitting in a perfect position...he's learned his lesson.:D

CtTortoiseMom said:
That's great! Congrats!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Depends, with your car, sometimes. Backhanded, not often, unless you can get them to first try to hit you and you dodge it then counter with a solid hit to the nose.

I just wanted to smack them on the head. How can you be in a hobby for 20 years and not do the basic things needed to actually do the runs? When you don't do what you need to do before you hit the trail it inconveniences everyone else. When two people do it in a row it means the people site on the trail waiting for Assn extra half an hour.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
sibi said:
Erin, you've trained that Dane too good! That's so cute. It took a pic of your Dane to get me to post...Hahaha. How are you all enjoying the newer, faster thread? I guess he's out of the doghouse for eating up your down, huh? That's why he's sitting in a perfect position...he's learned his lesson.:D

CtTortoiseMom said:
That's great! Congrats!!

It is hard to stay mad at her. Plus as my husband loved pointing out I moved her crate. If I hadnt moved her crate she would not have been able to eat my jacket.
Hi all, how was your day?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
It is hard to stay mad at her. Plus as my husband loved pointing out I moved her crate. If I hadnt moved her crate she would not have been able to eat my jacket.

My day was great other than being tired and irritable. The run had a great turn out. We had more food than I ever imagined! I got a cake and some small gifts for two kids since it was their birthday. They were so excited. I got to see a girl I hadn't seen since she was 11 and now she's 18. The park had a fire going and one of my vendor sponsors had a 40 ft enclosed trailer we set the buffet up in. The park and the vendor sponsors and several people who attended asked me to make it an annual event. I am looking for a catchy name that could use the following elements snow, fire, wheeling and it must have chili in the title. I was thinking about a chili cook off.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

My day was great other than being tired and irritable. The run had a great turn out. We had more food than I ever imagined! I got a cake and some small gifts for two kids since it was their birthday. They were so excited. I got to see a girl I hadn't seen since she was 11 and now she's 18. The park had a fire going and one of my vendor sponsors had a 40 ft enclosed trailer we set the buffet up in. The park and the vendor sponsors and several people who attended asked me to make it an annual event. I am looking for a catchy name that could use the following elements snow, fire, wheeling and it must have chili in the title. I was thinking about a chili cook off.

Hmmm... Chili Wheeling, Snoverdose on Chili... Oh man, I love thinking about stuff like this but I have to wrestle kids into bed..

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It must be a lot of fun, and if you're going to have this as an annual event, I may just have to make a trip once year...how about that?

I'm just loving this fast post thingey.

Apologize to Dagny, I didn't mean to call her a he.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
sibi said:
It must be a lot of fun, and if you're going to have this as an annual event, I may just have to make a trip once year...how about that?

I'm just loving this fast post thingey.

Apologize to Dagny, I didn't mean to call her a he.

No prob, everyone calls her a he :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I stood up the whole night again. I read that nasty thread on "delegated thread" and parts were disturbing. Some people ha ve really lost respect for our mods here, and it shouldn't be tolerated. I was trying to piece parts of what I remembered from the first posts, and then tried to see if these people were truly interested in sharing info, or were they just having an ax to grind. I think the latter. Anyway, when I finally logged off, I went to ancestry.com to finish my tree. Needless to say, that it's so addictive, I didn't realize the sun was raising. Another sleepless night.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
sibi said:
I stood up the whole night again. I read that nasty thread on "delegated thread" and parts were disturbing. Some people ha ve really lost respect for our mods here, and it shouldn't be tolerated. I was trying to piece parts of what I remembered from the first posts, and then tried to see if these people were truly interested in sharing info, or were they just having an ax to grind. I think the latter. Anyway, when I finally logged off, I went to ancestry.com to finish my tree. Needless to say, that it's so addictive, I didn't realize the sun was raising. Another sleepless night.

Oh no, I have trouble with insomnia. I have to read light chick lit at night that doesn't really interest me but turns off my brain. Also, if I do end up staying up all night I make sure to stay up all day too, not that sleeping during the day is an option anyway. But it stops me from getting my days and nights mixed up.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That's what I've been staying awake during the day too. I become mashed potatoes about 10-11 p.m. And when I do fall asleep, it just isn't enough even if I slept for 12 hours! I can't get a break!!! Honestly, I couldn't sleep anyway because my torts need their baths, to be feed, their pens to be clearned out...and I have 5 to do plus my dog.:S

CtTortoiseMom said:
sibi said:

Oh no, I have trouble with insomnia. I have to read light chick lit at night that doesn't really interest me but turns off my brain. Also, if I do end up staying up all night I make sure to stay up all day too, not that sleeping during the day is an option anyway. But it stops me from getting my days and nights mixed up.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well looks like you all were busy, while I was gone. I peaked in for a few minutes to approve threads and never even had enough time to check this thread out. :(

I had an enjoyable (and free!!!) lunch at the truckstop with Jeff. I took him his pills and we got looing at the paperwork they gave us. You know I said our share of the pills each month was $1,295 (but we got sponsorship for that). Thing is until today we never saw how much our insurance company gets bill for their share each month. Turns out a thirty day supply is over $7,000! We were shocked to say the least.

I got a call on my way to Lincoln, telling me I need to stop by my neighbor's house ASAP. She "rescued" an adult female and a puppy. The lady breeds them where she got them from. Turns out with the puppy she never played with it, because she wasn't planning on keeping him (he was the wrong color). She wouldn't let him play with "her pick" puppy who is actually bigger then him, because he was too rough for her (his litter mate). So I now have a chi puppy for which I was completely unprepared (didn't even have a clean kennel ready for it to sleep in). Thank goodness I talked the nieghbor into keeping the adult female instead of me. So blame this sweet puppy for keeping me from talking with all of you tonight. Pictures maybe tomorrow, if I get batteries charged up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.