Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Yes. I'm watching a space program and brain storming enclosures that can be assembled with a screwdriver by someone with no skills so people can have an affordable option available, that also looks nice in the home.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I guess I could qualify as someone lacking skills to build an enclosure. How can you brainstorm and watch a space program?
Cowboy_Ken said:
Yes. I'm watching a space program and brain storming enclosures that can be assembled with a screwdriver by someone with no skills so people can have an affordable option available, that also looks nice in the home.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
So, when you get this project completed, are you going to put it on the forum for all to see?
Cowboy_Ken said:
Different parts of the brain. One part analytical, one part art free form thinking.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm thinking of 2'x2'x4'. Any bigger and I think shipping costs would be prohibitive.

I've got my prototype but I used very expensive plywood for it construction. The pancakes will be the ultimate prototype with a thermopane double glass window for the front. I want to be able to keep costs at around $225.00 or so. The window itself is over $100.00!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Oh, I see. You're constructing parts that can be.put together by beginners who don't know how or what to build for.their baby gotta. That a great idea. I wish you did this a year and a half ago when I needed something like that for my sullies. Happy building. I'm going to call it a night. I'm getting sleepy. Good night and I'll speak to you tomorrow.
Cowboy_Ken said:
I'm thinking of 2'x2'x4'. Any bigger and I think shipping costs would be prohibitive.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
So Little Ricky's 6 month bday is Wednesday. I'm thinking of making him a cactus pad dandelion blossom “cake".

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
So Little Ricky's 6 month bday is Wednesday. I'm thinking of making him a cactus pad dandelion blossom “cake".

Look up DeanS's lasagna. All my torts love it and you can change It up if you need to.

I was up all night with Rand becayse he had a ridiculously high fever. It finally broke around 4 this morning.
I'm so tired :(

Good Morning!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good Morning!

Morning back to you Erin!

Ken I had thought about an enclosure like that, but the shipping seems to be the bad point. I even thought about making them and going to reptile shows to sell them. ;)

198.jpg

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm thinking shipping unassembled. Predrilled, I couldn't do the wiring from what I understand because of insurance. Over the last 12 hrs., the cool side of the enclosure was 82.9-84.6. I'm liking that stability.

Mrs.C., I'm sorry the boy is still laid up. For you, I was hopping he'd be better last night.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
brrrr cold fingers! Just came back in from feeding the outside cats. I had gotten use to wearing my tshirt out there to do them and today that made for a nippy cold time. I think the fingers got it from picking up out of the snow, the feed dishes to clean out and fill. :rolleyes: Chi puppy was smart, he stayed in the house. :D Ahhh a very warm black kitty(Case) just came to let me warm my fingers on him. :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Yvonne, Ava has been such a good girl lately in the evening do to the wonderful weather we've been having during the day. She's been outside running hard, chasing birds and overall just wearing herself out.
Now it's back to off and on showers and that wonderful wet dog smell.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Misty isn't outside unless I'm outside. We've been having really nice weather and supposed to be in the 80's all week. She loves being out in front cuz there's lots to do out there. Today I'm going to try to get motivated and mow the tortoise pastures. She'll love that! But when I come inside, she has to come in too because I KNOW she'll eat a turtle if she finds one.

Ava sounds just like Misty - trouble!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Ava would love to find a tortoise that didn't have a hot line running on the top of the containment walls.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:

We are having one made but now our dilemma is where top put it. Our torts are very social and we enjoy interacting with them but the kitchen is not big enough.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
We've got our main livingroom with TV and couches. Then we have, like a sitting room, and if I don't call it the reptile room, that's where the indoor enclosures are kept. Karen is good about it because I try to keep it presentable.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
A while back, I had a trio of RES (red eared sliders) I was gifted with, come up with eggs. Trying to get them to lay any additional eggs, I gave them a tub with substrate rather then having them dropping them in their water. Well of course no eggs have happened and as a rule when I go by their tub I see something like this:

055_zps694ef2f0.jpg

It's funny when all three have just their heads sticking out at me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's too bad they have such a bad name...that's just the cutest little face ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.