Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Jacqui: Are you going to work in the plant nursery again this year?

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Jacqui, it's not too bad. I mean, it pays better than what I got paid as a vet assistant AND I don't get bitten or fleas on me, or peed/pooped on.. so that's a bonus. I don't like having to ask every customer if they'd like to sign up for a target credit/debit card but that's just part of the job.

But, you do meet a lot of interesting people and the work isn't too hard as long as you're ok with standing long hours.

I'm making chicken enchiladas tonight and gave the dogs the raw chicken scraps/bones and they devoured them! I've thought of converting them to a raw diet and this just proves they agree, lol.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
RosieRedfoot said:
Jacqui, it's not too bad. I mean, it pays better than what I got paid as a vet assistant AND I don't get bitten or fleas on me, or peed/pooped on.. so that's a bonus. I don't like having to ask every customer if they'd like to sign up for a target credit/debit card but that's just part of the job.

Do you have a quota you have to meet?

My sister worked at a store where you were written up if you couldn't get a certain number of people sign up for the cards.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
My meeting went so fabulous. :D Now happy client is extra special happy. :D whew........ that was a lot of stress.
The turtus unmentionables pics are gone :p
I wear my yoga pants and tshirts to both bed and out on Sundays. I think they are crossover clothes. :p

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Are the pictures really gone?

Yup they are gone.

first the pictures and now Ken, nooooooo, ahhhhhh!!
So are there any interesting things going on in the news lately? Ever since I dropped my cable tv and only watch apple, netflix & Hulu TV, I do not see the news at all. I follow my local news station on twitter but I haven't been on twitter in a long time.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
You missed something about the new pope turning a blind eye during the dark days of brazil. Or was it Argentina?

CtTortoiseMom said:
Ugh, I am boring myself! I AM SO BORED!!

Ummmm, yourself? Me too!!!LOL

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thalatte said:
Moe my hatchling ornate box turtle has dead.

Has died not has dead...

Jeez, I am really sorry. You poor thing, you have dealt with a lot of loss lately!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Kinda. He hibernated to soon I think even though I raised the temps to know I him out of it but it didn't work and since waking up last month he has been lethargic and not digging down so I put him on a critical care slurry, special diet, and in his own set up and he kinda seemed better.
But I guess it didn't work. The vet had no idea what was wrong last time I took him in either.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
You mention hibernated too soon. Do you mean that the gut track may not have had time to be evacuated before the slow down?

I'll be back in a bit. I've got to make a phone call but I'm procrastinating.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
Thalatte said:
Moe my hatchling ornate box turtle has dead.

Has died not has dead...

I am so sorry :(

Interesting news?? Lil wayne had seizures and is in ICU.

I heard that on the radio. They speculated it was from some sort of codeine & alcohol overdose.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Cowboy_Ken said:
You mention hibernated too soon. Do you mean that the gut track may not have had time to be evacuated before the slow down?

I'll be back in a bit. I've got to make a phone call but I'm procrastinating.

No I think he was way to small. He still had the pink line from his egg. And weighed about 29grams I think...I would have to check that. I know at time of death he weighed 24grams.

So I think he hibernated to early used all his preserves.
But it could have been a blockage. From day one he dug down and slept. At first I was waking him up every 4days to soak but after awhile I just let him sleep.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Yeah and I dont think these were the healthiest boxies either. I had lost one within a month of getting them and he was about the size of a quarter. But the other two I got with them are healthy and growing. One is growing really fast the other not so much so I will probably end up separating them in the hopes he will eat and grow more.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
The Phoenix Herpetological Society when I was at the Tuscon Reptile Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.