Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
See I wasn't thinking you would be able to qualify, but it's something I had no real knowledge about either.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Shoot. I still think she's not getting the genius recognition she obviously deserves.

my hubs is a certified genius and he thought it was absolutely brilliant, She was as creative as she was mischievous.
Here's a pic of my hubster
Screenshot_2013-03-01-19-56-26_zps5d80c311.png

tortadise said:
Afternoon everyone. Hows life in current for everyone? Spring is here for north texas. Not weather wise per say. But tortoise relinquishment wise. Gotta go pick up a couple mammoth sulcatas from another non profit rescue tomorrow. Crazy snowy weather i see from the TV up north. How do yall north of mason Dixon line dwellers fare with that every year? Well thats pretty much it from me.

It's so cold here :(

Thalatte said:
Yes a mere 5miles from my condo. The downside is I only have enough savings for 1month of bills and my graphic projects won't cover anything but the electricity bill so if I don't get a job right away I am kinda screwed.

You will find a job quickly. :D

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1363907238.135081.jpg My scallop linguine Alfredo all made from scratch. Well, bought the pasta fresh. Used gruyere, asiago, and Parmesan cheese in the sauce.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
RosieRedfoot said:
My scallop linguine Alfredo all made from scratch. Well, bought the pasta fresh. Used gruyere, asiago, and Parmesan cheese in the sauce.

...and my helping is in the mail? :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
Things will work themselves out.

I agree with Jacqui and I hope you get one of the reception jobs right away and then spending more time in your own home and being near your family will be great!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
It will be nice to be back home. I am supposed to go back this weekend to sort some things out...a bandaid on a leaky dam basically.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Cowboy_Ken said:
Here's a fun picture of Little Ricky from today. He's about 27 weeks old and 290 grams.

25ga0qb.jpg

aww! he's very cute!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Maynard is 4 1/4in svt at 289grams
And Teegers is 5 3/8in svt at 372grams.

I HATE RESUME WRITING!!!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Little Ricky has free access to food at all times. I raise him per the, “Tom " method of tortoise rearing. He rarely gets store bought stuff, I'm lucky to have lots of untreated greens pretty much year round up here.

3sulcata
7russian
2pancake
1uro
6cats
1syko dog
1 wonderful wife

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I have bird seeds and dandelions growing in the enclosures but I also offer store bought stuff daily and mazuri weekly. Hey always have food available.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hey, does anyone have an opinion on the size of my tort? I feed them mazuri everyday with chopped up orchard grass. In the early morning, I feed them spring mix. Then, around 2 p.m. I feed them the mazuri mix with some collard greens or kale. After lunch, I take them outside (weather permitting) to graze. Then at 6 or 7 p.m. I give them so.e more spring mix. Every once in a while, I give them cooked squash ot zucchini.
They are 16 months old and weigh 5 1/2 lbs and 5 lbs respectively. Both are 9 1/2" long. Is that normal?

Thalatte, I'm glad you're leaving that impossible job; but, you'll find a job. The market is opening up again. What you need is a full time job, not a part-time job so you can pay all your bills. Keep us posted, and look on line for what current résumés look like, and what employer's look for in them.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Hi all, I was not kidding when I said I had a bunch of stuff to do for the daddy daughter dance, I just finished! It was a bunch of typing up lists. I am so glad it's over!!

@Ken, that pic of little Ricky is awesome! He is sooo perfect & smooth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.