Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Maybe I missed it but what is face sling shot?

I am going to put in my two weeks notice tonight. Things aren't going well at home and everyone seems to be falling apart.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Face slingshot is when you pull ski googles away from someone's face and then let go, allowing them to smack them in the face.
We are having snow showers right now.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Lucky! I want snow.
Oh that makes sense. It's even better if you can some how put snow in the googles before letting go but you gotta be fast when doing it.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Afternoon everyone. Hows life in current for everyone? Spring is here for north texas. Not weather wise per say. But tortoise relinquishment wise. Gotta go pick up a couple mammoth sulcatas from another non profit rescue tomorrow. Crazy snowy weather i see from the TV up north. How do yall north of mason Dixon line dwellers fare with that every year? Well thats pretty much it from me.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
tortadise said:
Afternoon everyone. Hows life in current for everyone? Spring is here for north texas. Not weather wise per say. But tortoise relinquishment wise. Gotta go pick up a couple mammoth sulcatas from another non profit rescue tomorrow. Crazy snowy weather i see from the TV up north. How do yall north of mason Dixon line dwellers fare with that every year? Well thats pretty much it from me.

Cool, I hope you post pics of the giant sullies!!

Cowboy_Ken said:
Face slingshot is when you pull ski googles away from someone's face and then let go, allowing them to smack them in the face.
We are having snow showers right now.

Haha, they said it couldn't be done, you were sending me all of your weather so I sent a little of our snow to you.

I am at a early dinner with the family at Bertucci's.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Good Morning, thank's for missing me! I had a pretty good meeting and just got off with a 'she needs to work on less tattling, handwriting and sight words'. We didn't have to read a single apology letter and her conflict resolution skills have changed from immediate retaliation to tattling. I will take a tattle taler over a bully any day!!
Rob and I walked out of there with our heads held high!!

I hope everyone has a great day, I accidentally over obligated myself for the father/daughter dance that is coming up this Friday so I will be gone doing all that stuff today.

Oh and I am waiting for a call back from the high school where Sid is, they said I could come see him in the green house, i am just waiting to find out a good time. I cannot wait to see it,i will take pics.

Wait! When the problem was face sling shot, (something real) weren't those other kids tattling?
The kids were at share time and this boy brought in his cool new ski goggles to share and Lily was sitting next to him and grabbed the front of them and said "face sling shot" and let them go in front of the whole class and 2 teachers. No tattling needed!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thalatte said:
I am going to put in my two weeks notice tonight. Things aren't going well at home and everyone seems to be falling apart.

I'm sorry things are falling apart, and I'm sorry you have to quit your job (especially if you have a real fondness for the child), however, I'm happy that you are going home. Its no fun all that travelling and being away from your animals for such long periods of time. Its good that you're going to be home!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Yeah and my step father talked to some business owners he knows so I have a few interviews lined up for reception jobs.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Yes a mere 5miles from my condo. The downside is I only have enough savings for 1month of bills and my graphic projects won't cover anything but the electricity bill so if I don't get a job right away I am kinda screwed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think the EDD (Employment Development Department) is different in each state, but you can file right away for unemployment. It usually takes two weeks before you start to get any $$, but it's retroactive.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I don't qualify for unemployment as I am self employed and still technically have a job as a graphic designer it just doesn't pay well

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
I think the EDD (Employment Development Department) is different in each state, but you can file right away for unemployment. It usually takes two weeks before you start to get any $$, but it's retroactive.

So you can get unemployment money even if you choose to quit your job?

Thalatte

5 Year Member
No you have to be fired in most places as why would the reward you for voluntarily leaving your job?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Thalatte said:
No you have to be fired in most places as why would the reward you for voluntarily leaving your job?

Semantics, but you usually have to be laid off. Being fired usually means there is cause whereas being laid off is through no fault of your own.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
jaizei said:
Thalatte said:

Semantics, but you usually have to be laid off. Being fired usually means there is cause whereas being laid off is through no fault of your own.

Yeah that^

Status
Not open for further replies.