Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
Headed up to NC tomorrow and of course I look on Craigslist and see someone with a Russian tort being kept in a 20 gallon on sand. They say he's 3 years old and "loves fighting his reflection"... If I had the money and space I'd get him, but sadly I know I couldn't afford 2x the UV bulbs with my retail salary, lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Holy cow! I go away for three hours and you guys put up TWO PAGES of chat!

Erin: Did you have a doggy bag with you?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
emysemys said:
Holy cow! I go away for three hours and you guys put up TWO PAGES of chat!

Erin: Did you have a doggy bag with you?

Yep, I double bagged that load!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thalatte said:
Last Sunday I took my dog running and halfway down the block she suddenly just collapsed in the middle of the street and wouldn't move. No matter what I tried she wouldn't budge, she just laid on the ground whimpering and twitching. I couldn't carry her either. Finally I said "emi! Want to get a snack?"
Her ears perked up and she hopped up and practically skipped back to my sisters house...

My schnauzer is like that

CtTortoiseMom said:
Omg, I was on my 13 year olds instagram and a bunch of girls in her grade posed for pics in like 2 feet of snow in their bikini's & snow boots and nothing else. So I was telling her I didn't approve and for her not to go along with anything like that. Well, my 6 yo walked by and was like "oh mom, we have to do something, those kids can't afford snow clothes".

That is the funny. You're kids have great stories

I learned some really cool stuff in my cases today. Oh and I had to do trust falls which almost went badly because of my heels. Trust falls plus heels is a bad scenario but luckily i got posited with a man who saved me.
I learned about social media business strategies and about business sustainability through green initiatives.
I missed tfo today though. Oh and k had a major hardware failure today but the only silver lining was that my client just stabilized want on the hardware.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Tortoise room was under way again finally and now the hot water tank quit-always something getting in way of my new room!! We need to shower though hahaha!!
Hubby is sucking out years of limescale from tank-gross!
I came on here to de-stress!!!!:)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Tortoise said:
Tortoise room was under way again finally and now the hot water tank quit-always something getting in way of my new room!! We need to shower though hahaha!!

I think that was one of my new house recommendations. Drain the water heater yearly. I'm sorry. Is it has or electric?

*gas, I meant gas

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Tortoise said:

Eek. I have never heard of that.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Electric, think the element has broken but we have a spare thankfully and husband is handy. So all will be ok soon hopefully. MY job is to keep running out to field with buckets of scale and rusty water.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Tortoise said:
Electric, think the element has broken but we have a spare thankfully and husband is handy. So all will be ok soon hopefully. MY job is to keep running out to field with buckets of scale and rusty water.
well you are a good wife

Cowboy_Ken said:
I think that was one of my new house recommendations. Drain the water heater yearly. I'm sorry. Is it has or electric?

*gas, I meant gas

Is that for city water too

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
The worse part of hard water in an electric water heater that isn't drained regular like, is that the scale can build up thick. I've had to use a spoon bent at a 90 degree angel and scoop it all out. I did this through the lower heating element opening. Luckily our current home has naturally, “soft", water and this is no longer a concern.

Kerryann said:
It just depends on the hardness of your water. Best to be safe not sorry. Turn the heat off to your water heater before draining it. Draining it can involve filling a bathtub from the spigot.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
We have a softener now too, but this hasn't been done in the 10 yrs we have been here so a lot of build up.
We are on well water.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
The worse part of hard water in an electric water heater that isn't drained regular like, is that the scale can build up thick. I've had to use a spoon bent at a 90 degree angel and scoop it all out. I did this through the lower heating element opening. Luckily our current home has naturally, “soft", water and this is no longer a concern.

Kerryann said:
It just depends on the hardness of your water. Best to be safe not sorry. Turn the heat off to your water heater before draining it. Draining it can involve filling a bathtub from the spigot.

Good tip. I will tell Mikey.
I forgot to say I also was forced to sing as a team building exercise.

I can't believe to tell you all my truck got booted last night. The said i was in the aisle and not a spot. Where my truck was had lines and a car across from me also. The parking manager woo came to collect my 75 and take the boot off said it's hard to see.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Compared to the cost of a water heater, a water tank full of water is nothing. Lol having to sing.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Came home from work to find out my baby chinchilla passed away while I was at work :( I, not sure what happened. Maybe she ate something she wasn't suppose to while running around. She seemed a little lethargic today but she was eating like a pig still so I thought she was gunna be okay, I got some Baytril from the vet at my work thinking she may have gotten a cold or something and wanted it as a precaution but she was already gone when I got home from work. This sucks.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Morning! Morning! :D

theelectraco said:
Came home from work to find out my baby chinchilla passed away while I was at work :(

:( Sad news indeed. So sorry. *hugs* :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning, everyone!

Sorry about the little chinchilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.