pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeroyLeft

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct
Got up about 600 ,restted ,refueled changed the oil in the generator,put my box turtle and my two redfoots out side nice sunny day,still no power turns out someone stole and cut the wire on my road .this act put a delay,the line crew are working at the top of my drivewave maybe we will have power by tommorow.things can allways be worst. my wife and I went for breakfast at lizzy bees our small town breakfast place got there about 900 it was mobbed they had power yea ,its my best freinds moms place, i walked in with my wife ,poof out goes the lights in the whole bldg which is grocery store a pizza bar, and dinner ,kinda the center of our little community,so i helped best friend Wayne reconnect the gen my wife started helping to keep up with dishes at lizzys. I love my small town .it when things go wrong folks here pull together , by the way we got free break fast andI got free beer too I hope everyone hit by the storm is allright things can allways be worst! hope i didnt ramble to much.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Dog on LeroyLeft. You had quite the day. Good thing that you got free breakfast and beer. And someone cut and stole your power line. That is crazy! People will steal any thing.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am just amazed at the stealing folks are doing these days and what they will steal. Geesh!

M

Maggie Cummings

Now don't go blaming everything on us, sometimes it's those darned alcoholics...

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
maggie3fan said:
Now don't go blaming everything on us, sometimes it's those darned alcoholics...

:D Funny Maggie! I think it's just a bit of everything and a whole lot of not teaching values to folks any more.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Here in Clovis, when I take my aluminum cat food cans to the recycling center, I have to wait a few days to get my money so that they can check to be sure I'm a legit recycler. Why can't "they" catch the guys that steal the copper from the power lines and phone lines when it is turned in for $$$? It has to look a little fishy doncha think?

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Yea I think! I like the Idea of having to wait for the check. It would cut down on alot of stealing around here. They have just made it in S.C. that you have to have a permit to sale copper. So, I guess they will be going to the other bordering states to sale it now.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
Here in Clovis, when I take my aluminum cat food cans to the recycling center, I have to wait a few days to get my money so that they can check to be sure I'm a legit recycler. Why can't "they" catch the guys that steal the copper from the power lines and phone lines when it is turned in for $$$? It has to look a little fishy doncha think?

First... you get catfood in aluminum cans?? huh

When we took my daughter's cans in for her begin of July we got paid by a check. I was shocked. Most places around here pay with cash.

My ex at lunch today, was saying in his neighborhood they are taking wiring from campers.

I do think we all the copper thieves around that yes, bringing that in should be getting you looked closely at.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
I really don't think they want to catch the thieves. It cost to must to procute. That my opinion.

Trust me if you have copper you have copper thieves.

They steal the bronze flower holders on gravesites in my area.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
On to a lighter note. I got Franklin T. house ready for him to move into tomorrow. Would you just put him inside his new house tomorrow night and shut the door or would you give him a few days to get formiliar?

Taco's sound good. I went to McDonald's and it was cold. Yuck!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Torty Mom said:
Tacos for dinner........YUMMY in my TUMMY!!!!

I had Mexican for lunch, but made at home tacos sound great. Why do you do this to me?

Torty Mom said:
My hub makes the bestest tacos ever!!!

Nopers we do! Well when we have deer meat available. :shy:

FranklinTturtle said:
On to a lighter note. I got Franklin T. house ready for him to move into tomorrow. Would you just put him inside his new house tomorrow night and shut the door or would you give him a few days to get formiliar?

How much different is it then his old one? Put him in it in the morning when he can explore it yet be free to leave it. Then he will sorta know it before you need to put him in at night. I am assuming you lock him up at night from how you did the question?

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Anyone watching the race?

Lisa and I have a bet. Loser buys lunch.... She wants Edwards I want Keselowski. Looks like lunch is going to be on me :p I don't even like racing! UGH!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Torty Mom said:

Lisa and I have a bet. Loser buys lunch.... She wants Edwards I want Keselowski. Looks like lunch is going to be on me :p I don't even like racing! UGH!

:D If I asked, "what kind of racing?" would that give you a clue?

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
He sleeps in a half of a dog house on the ground now. It is located in a 10' x 10' chain link dog kennel. His shed will be a 7' X 7' and I am planning to lock him in at night.

I am going to post picture tomorrow even if I have buy a new camera.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Jacqui said:
Torty Mom said:

Blahhahhahahaaa I'm right there with ya! Except I am seriously out numbered by race fans, so I pretend to be interested. If any of you tell Lisa or my husband, big trouble coming your way! I was just trying to get a free lunch!!

M

Maggie Cummings

Torty Mom said:
Jacqui said:
Torty Mom said:

Blahhahhahahaaa I'm right there with ya! Except I am seriously out numbered by race fans, so I pretend to be interested. If any of you tell Lisa or my husband, big trouble coming your way! I was just trying to get a free lunch!!

Kyle Busch in the 18 car...

Status
Not open for further replies.