Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Sounds good I will keep that in mind . But yea I know I need to get them all hung up right but this is temporary praying nothing fails in the meantime.

Here’s the two heat emitters I have right now, and the thermo controller that came with it. Not sure what wattage or if it can handle two CHE’s though…?
I don’t suppose you could look up the thermostat @mojo_1 ? I don’t think it’ll come up for me in the uk

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Also if you're paranoid or just like to check in on your tortoise because it will do some crazy stuff you can get a camera like this to watch him on.

WYZE Cam Pan v3 Indoor/Outdoor IP65-Rated 1080p Pan/Tilt/Zoom Wi-Fi Smart Home Security Camera with Motion Tracking for Baby & Pet, Color Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Works with Alexa & Google, Black https://a.co/d/fOgJ9Ef

Dawsonduro

CA
Looked it up it says 1000W for the thermostat and my 2 emitters is 250 all together so should be good to go? And if so any recommendation for a power strip or it doesn’t matter🤔
Haha funny you mentioned it my girlfriend was just talking about getting a monitor to watch him 😂 thank you for the recommendation!

Attachments

• IMG_8519.png
    IMG_8519.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 1

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Looked it up it says 1000W for the thermostat and my 2 emitters is 250 all together so should be good to go? And if so any recommendation for a power strip or it doesn’t matter🤔
Haha funny you mentioned it my girlfriend was just talking about getting a monitor to watch him 😂 thank you for the recommendation!
Once you get the tort tv you'll always be watching. 🤣🤣

Dawsonduro

CA
Haha funny you mentioned it my girlfriend was just talking about getting a monitor to watch him 😂 thank you for the

Also how did you get the temps and humidity on your phone? Or is that only through a specific brand

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
I have one gateway and 4 sensors.

SensorPush G1 WiFi/Ethernet Gateway. Receive Data/Alerts from Anywhere via Internet. No Monthly Fee. Unlimited History. Developed/Supported/Hosted in USA. iPhone/Android App/Web Dashboard/Alexa https://a.co/d/iWjoolD

Temperature/Humidity Sensor by SensorPush for iPhone/Android. Water Resistant, Made in USA https://a.co/d/cRE4iZ3

Dawsonduro

CA
Hey was wondering about soaking my redfoot, I heard it should be daily 10 minute soaks? Is this correct🤔

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Hey was wondering about soaking my redfoot, I heard it should be daily 10 minute soaks? Is this correct🤔
It depends on the situation. You need to soak them daily in warm water. The water level should be no deeper then where the upper and lower shell meets. Soak time is dependent on when they last pooped. The warm water is what helps them poop. Average soaks is 15-30 min. But sometimes it's an hour if the tort hasn't pooped in a few days. You have to keep changing out the water to maintain it being warm.

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Some other things to add to your list if you're using tap water for drinking water. I use this water treatment. It only takes a few drops. I usually treat a couple gallons at a time. Also some food toppers to enhance the quality of store bought greens.

ReptiSafe Water Conditioner for Reptiles 8.75oz - includes Attached DBDPet Pro-Tip Guide https://a.co/d/0c6cDDP

Soak this to soften up and mass/mix in green 1 to 2 times a week.
Mazuri | Tortoise Diet | 1.25 Pound (1.25 LB) Bag https://a.co/d/jeaEjKm

This is sprinkled on everyday. Just use a different one each day. I don't do it on Mazuri days because that has enough stuff in it.

Dawsonduro

CA
It depends on the situation. You need to soak them daily in warm water. The water level should be no deeper then where the upper and lower shell meets. Soak time is dependent on when they last pooped. The warm water is what helps them poop. Average soaks is 15-30 min. But sometimes it's an hour if the tort hasn't pooped in a few days. You have to keep changing out the water to maintain it being warm.
He’s been pooping pretty steadily, first two days without even soaking he pooped on substrate and yesterday he pooped in his soaking dish . But forsure I need to get a better soaking dish because he can climb in n out n usually won’t stay in too long .

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
He’s been pooping pretty steadily, first two days without even soaking he pooped on substrate and yesterday he pooped in his soaking dish . But forsure I need to get a better soaking dish because he can climb in n out n usually won’t stay in too long .
Yes, I find a clear plastic tub works best.