Rhinoclemmys rubida rubida

PA2019

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, AZ
Anyone working with these beauties on here? After enjoying my Cuora so much I decided to work with another box turtle-esque species. Very little info on them.

I was told by a friend that 10 years ago there was a great presentation on this species at a TSA event from a Mexican researcher. Would love to get a copy somehow. @zovick do you have knowledge on this species?

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
I have no info to add, other than I’m not surprised to find you like another species I have been casually looking for in recent years. Let me know if you find someone breeding them.

Steve

zovick

10 Year Member!
Anyone working with these beauties on here? After enjoying my Cuora so much I decided to work with another box turtle-esque species. Very little info on them.

I was told by a friend that 10 years ago there was a great presentation on this species at a TSA event from a Mexican researcher. Would love to get a copy somehow. @zovick do you have knowledge on this species?
Unfortunately, I know virtually nothing about this particular chelonian. Sorry I cannot be of any assistance.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

@Rodriguez Chelonians

PA2019

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
I have no info to add, other than I’m not surprised to find you like another species I have been casually looking for in recent years. Let me know if you find someone breeding them.

Steve
Haha Steve we should start a breeding partnership! You work with literally everything I do…Pyxis, Cuora Bouretti, spengleri and now the Mexican spotted box turtle. We share similar tastes my friend.

PA2019

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
Yes pictures seems like something really cool
I don’t own any yet. From what I understand these guys are very rare in the USA. I am doomed to be forever choosing obscure species it seems 😭

Here is a picture from the Turtle Conservancy. Remember there are 2 different species of this turtle. One is apparently much harder to get…

Attachments

• IMG_7171.jpeg
    IMG_7171.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks for the assist @Tom. By the way, are you still in AZ? I moved to Tucson several months ago and was curious who else is out here…
I'm in southern CA. I come to AZ for the TTPG conference annually. Hope to see you there in November!