So grateful for y'all

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cornelius Or
I am so incredibly thankful that I stumbled across this forum. When I decided that I would be Lou's new caregiver I knew absolutely zero about tortoise care. This place has provided so much information that I can't absorb it fast enough. Any time I ask a question no matter How asinine it may seem it is met with several prompt answers and never have I been put down or degraded for my lack of knowledge. Also Just tonight one of the members of this wonderful group read how I had acquired Lou and was struggling with finances for all the things he needs so they took it upon themselves to help me in a way I could never imagine. They set up a gift card for me at an online tortoise store to help out with costs. I was astonished. No one has ever done anything like that for me. I would never have expected a complete stranger to do so much for me. Anyways I just wanted to again extend my appreciation for everyone in this forum

[TURTLE]LoutheRussian

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Awe shucks. Knock it off... {arm punch...}

Giving sometimes feels better than getting. I'm not surprised, but my hat is off to your anonymous benefactor.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Sometimes we're more beneficial in random $!#/ rather than tortoises. :D
Like Mike's bird talk. :rolleyes:

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
I'm surprised at how much I've learned already. However anytime I buy something for him I get the strangest looks when I tell people it's for a tortoise.

[TURTLE]LoutheRussian

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I said it many time but I will say it again, This is a great place to learn and share. Sometime even beyond and above tortoises.

We are so happy we have you here.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Even thoughI have been absent for awhile, I know manyof us dothis toshare our knowlrdge withothers.we doit mainly for the love of turtle and tortoise keeping.I doit mainly for the big bags ofmoney(J/K IRS).

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
we all should be grateful for this forum. It's got some seriously dedicated members.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So glad you are getting all the help you needed. This is a great forum with a lot of members that go above and beyond. Just think how great this world would be if everyone was a tortoise lover and a forum member:)

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
If everyone were tort owners then I wouldn't get to be amused by he looks non tort owners give me when I tell them I'm buying stuff for Lou

[TURTLE]LoutheRussian

HJ1983

New York City
This is a great community to be a part of. Everyone has the best interest of the tortoises and their humans in mind. Wonderful Forum. Great resource for tortoise care.

Whitneyrae

That is awesome! People are just amazing, kind creatures. I'm in the same boat as you, when I got Izzy I knew 0 about what she needed, I'm forever grateful for this forum, and so is Izzy!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I really love this forum too. A wealth of information and fun, kind, and interesting people.
I've always loved animals and before I became a mom, I usually preferred the company of animals to people because animals just do their thing, I love them, and sometimes they love me back.
Then along came a box turtle into my life and I wanted him to have optimal conditions. So I researched and searched and many links led me here so I decided to check it out and I am SO glad I did.
This forum has been fantastic and helpful. AND being here is why I ended up buying Leo's and that's when I realized I have needed these little dinosaurs in my life all along.
I had always loved turtles ever since my dad used to swim to the bottom of Lake Meredith's swimming area and bringing back big huge turtles to the beach to show my brother and I.
I was like 4 or 5. Anyways, I just never really had a chance to get involved in keeping until now.
So high fives all around to all of you who have answered questions, commiserated, been kind and tolerant of my bajillion questions and pictures (lol), encouraged and informed, and given me advice. And double high fives for whomever is responsible for the anonymous gift card to the OP.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

HJ1983

New York City
Elohi said:
I really love this forum too. A wealth of information and fun, kind, and interesting people.
I've always loved animals and before I became a mom, I usually preferred the company of animals to people because animals just do their thing, I love them, and sometimes they love me back.
Then along came a box turtle into my life and I wanted him to have optimal conditions. So I researched and searched and many links led me here so I decided to check it out and I am SO glad I did.
This forum has been fantastic and helpful. AND being here is why I ended up buying Leo's and that's when I realized I have needed these little dinosaurs in my life all along.
I had always loved turtles ever since my dad used to swim to the bottom of Lake Meredith's swimming area and bringing back big huge turtles to the beach to show my brother and I.
I was like 4 or 5. Anyways, I just never really had a chance to get involved in keeping until now.
So high fives all around to all of you who have answered questions, commiserated, been kind and tolerant of my bajillion questions and pictures (lol), encouraged and informed, and given me advice. And double high fives for whomever is responsible for the anonymous gift card to the OP.

Elohi🌎(Earth)[TURTLE]

Wow. That was so honest and beautiful. And I agree 100%.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
What a generous gift! Remember, it was you who took in Lou, no questions asked, when someone else abandoned him. :D

kezilulu

Yeah I agree, I love this site and all the fabulous members.
And the most amazing thing is you all do it because you want to and not because it's a job etc and I know it must take up a lot of your time!
I'd like to say a massive THANK YOU to you all for keeping me sane and sharing your fabulous knowledge with us all!
xXx

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I love this forum too! I'm glade the mods put up with my wacky sense of humor.