The lil Clunker

Via Infinito

Location (City and/or State)
Viet Nam
Hatch date September 1, 2017

October 10, 2017 - 53 grams. (weight before shipment)

November 4, 2017 - 66 grams
December 2, 2017 - 97 grams
January 6, 2018 - 158 grams
February 3, 2018- 232grams
March 3, 2018- 312grams
April 7, 2018- 449 grams
May 5, 2018- 561grams
June 2, 2018- 700 grams

His head looks kinda dainty to me. It could be my imagination.
When I mentioned that he had a girly head to my husband he says "No! I want him to be a boy, I'm the only guy here"
We have a daughter, three female dogs and even our leopard gecko is female..
Time will tell... View attachment 240936View attachment 240937

How the hell did Clunker grow so quickly!????
Mine took 3 months to go from 400g to 500g!

Bambam1989

East Texas
Clunker looks more and more handsome everyday. And he is growing so well. Shame I feel for your hubby being surrounded by females, at least the female animals don't get pms (I hope) otherwise you will have a house full of cranky females and I can see why he would need some male support. Ha Ha Ha
[emoji1] yep poor hubby

Bambam1989

East Texas
I finished Clunker's outdoor pen! (Until he outgrows it)
I did most of it myself which I'm quite proud of. I only needed the hubbies help to stretch the wire. I hate chicken wire, it's so hard to work with in my opinion. But I happened to have some and my goal was to use things that I already had on hand. The only thing that I bought was the hinges for the lid, everything else was repurposed or already had.
So I decided I wanted a hexagon so that the corners were not as prominent. I was using the concept of the round pens that are used to train horses.
The enclosure is still light enough that me and my husband can pick it up and move it so it can be mowed or to give him a new grazing area.
Each side is 4.5 ft long on the inside. If my math is correct (I'm really bad at math) then the square footage is somewhere around 52ft?
I wanted the plants in pots so that he couldn't trample them. The heuchera, sedums, and lavender were taken from established plants in my garden. There is also a young dogwood that I have had for over a year( got to do a little landscaping before it goes in its permanent place). Two weigela plants and a rugosa rose which are still leafing out were purchased a few months ago from an organic wholesale nursery as bareroot plants, this particular nursery grows all their own plants and are only open for a few days in spring each year.
Naturally growing in this current spot is at least two types of grass, several clumps of clover, plantains, a couple of cat's ears, a dandelion that probably won't last long, some scattered speedwell and even a few small bits of the debatable sorrel.
The hide is a old pot that cracked and I just cut a chunk of it off. I plan on putting two more hides in. I think I will also place a piece of plywood on the top to add more shade options.
Pics in next post..

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Going through you pics, I just have to ask: how long did that yellow dandilion last. We see him as he eyes it upon approach. Did he jump right on it? I also notice how smooth his shell is . . . good job! I hope that both he and you enjoy lots of summer sun this year.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Going through you pics, I just have to ask: how long did that yellow dandilion last. We see him as he eyes it upon approach. Did he jump right on it? I also notice how smooth his shell is . . . good job! I hope that both he and you enjoy lots of summer sun this year.

Thank you very much.
He actually walked right past it, he will turn his nose up at a dandelion flower but will devour the leaves. So far the only flowers that he gets excited about are squash blossoms, nasturtium flowers and phlox.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario