The Zoo Grows Down South

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
long(very long story actually) story short we have added over 80 new animals to the wildlife park.

Most are rather rare birds. To say the least our whole team is beyond exhausted.

Just a few pics of some of them.

Kings parrot
IMG_7477.JPG

Congo African grey
IMG_7457.JPG

Chaco blue front amazons and a pair of green wing macaws.

IMG_7452.JPG

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Very beautiful and colorful! ! ! !

Looking forward to our next visit.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I like training the blue fronts. Greens wings are my second favorite macaw. Love them.

I'd love to see more pics. Any vultures or hornbills yet?

Bambam1989

East Texas
I grew up with a blue gold macaw, green wing macaw and two cockatoos. They were my parents first children. My favorite was the blue and gold macaw. Someone broke into our home and stole them one day. Turned out the thief was family (uncle). He went to jail but the parrots were lost.
I plan on getting a macaw or cockatoo in a few years.. once all remodeling plans for the house are finished

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I grew up with a blue gold macaw, green wing macaw and two cockatoos. They were my parents first children. My favorite was the blue and gold macaw. Someone broke into our home and stole them one day. Turned out the thief was family (uncle). He went to jail but the parrots were lost.
I plan on getting a macaw or cockatoo in a few years.. once all remodeling plans for the house are finished
Sad story. I love our blue and gold. Have had him for 17 years now. Cockatoo require a lot of attention. 2 of the new birds are rose breasted cockatoos. They are prettt cool birds.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I like training the blue fronts. Greens wings are my second favorite macaw. Love them.

I'd love to see more pics. Any vultures or hornbills yet?
No birds of prey unfortunately. Yet at least. I do love the green wings. The yellow collared macaws we got are awesome too. Such pretty birds and tiny for a macaw.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Kelly what do you build there? A commercial zoo? Or a park for breeding and helping rare species? Or just you Hobby park?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Kelly what do you build there? A commercial zoo? Or a park for breeding and helping rare species? Or just you Hobby park?
Right now it's quite small to really considered a zoo. We have expanded though, at the moment we have 5 buildings totaling 6,800 square feet (or about 2,000 square meters) and enclosures/ ponds take up about 5 acres currently(2 hectares or so).

Current estimate on total animals is closing in to 500+ Including over 89 species of chelonian and now 43 species of avian, not including offsprings. 14 species survival plan animals, 60 studbooked animals, and a portion of blcklisted animals native to United States for reintroduction breeding programs. We only do private school educational tours. Our plan is to be open publicly end of 2018.

A weeee little tiny zoo I guess.