This is Nadine

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
She averages a gram every 2 days or so. She doesn't look like a hatchling anymore. She is mostly smooth, with a bit of grooving (not really pyramiding) around her split scutes. I actually weighed her after a soak so she had already poo'd. Coulda got 115 if she hadn't LOL.

Her parents are quite large, maybe they are from an area with the larger animals. She is 3 1/2 months old.

I had her eating a snack on the coach when I had to run into the kitchen. I put her on her back so she wouldn't walk off the couch. I came back and she was still eating while upside down.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I should add, her shell is no longer flexible. It has hardened. The "soft" plastic lid like spot on the plastron by her belly hatchlings have is gone as well.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yeah, Tidgy does this.
She won't let go, I can put her on her back, or dangle her facing the ground and she'll just continue eating.
I'm not sure she even notices when she's hungry, I can put her down anywhere and she'll finish off what she's got in her mouth before she becomes aware she's in a new place.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Nadine was still taking new bites. I watched her eat for a couple minutes upside down while I was laughing.

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Lol... this is funny. I love how a "pig like" sulcata can become haha. I haven't try this on Toro. But what i know is he is piggy like also.
Ps. More pic please

Last edited:

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Lol... this is funny. I love how a "pig like" sulcata can become haha. I haven't try this on Toro. But what i know is he is piggy like also.
Ps. More pic please
I assume others do it too. You really have to watch her as she just bites everything.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Turns out I don't have a tortoise. I have a small excavator.

robopetz

What a story! Sounds like she has a healthy appetite lol. Any updates and a recent pic? I'm sure she's big now.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Glad spring is here and the grass is growing. She was eating a $4 bag of greens a day! Grass and weeds are much cheaper :D

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
It is official. I just ordered my first 25lb bag of Mazuri. She eats enough where buying it in smaller repackaged quantities has stopped being economical.