Tortoise not eating after attack

jeneliza

Location (City and/or State)
burton michigan
Hey guys, little update. Shelby seems to be making some progress. Both eyes are open more and he seems to have a bit more life to him. Still sleeping a lot but definitely a small improvement. He is also attempting to eat a little bit!
awesome, so glad to hear this

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Hey guys, little update. Shelby seems to be making some progress. Both eyes are open more and he seems to have a bit more life to him. Still sleeping a lot but definitely a small improvement. He is also attempting to eat a little bit!
Great news!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Such good news !!!!
I will still keep prayers for you both!!!
They (torts)... take a loooong time to heal..
Have patience ... slow steps.... you’ll get there! You are a great mom I just know it.!

Sarah McCabe

ireland
said i would give a little update cos i know i like to see them. So shelby is slowly (think very slow) making so progress. With the warmer weather i brought him outside and he was very active on the grass. still not eating much. he might take one little bite and still no poops. He is still getting his soaks and I am hopeful he is starting to feel safe and slightly less traumatised.

jeneliza

burton michigan
Good news, little improvements, is great torts take along time, if he's not eating alot, there won't be much poop, as long as he's improving, even a little , it's great ,

Sarah McCabe

ireland
So Shelby had made slight improvements but seems to have relapsed again. Hasn't eaten more than a mouthful in three weeks and then didn't move at all yesterday. If I don't move him he won't move. Rang the vets, and he is going to bring him home with him for a few days. He is gonna tube feed if needs to but wants to observe and see if he can get him on the right path. Think he will be okay just needs a little help

jeneliza

burton michigan
So hard to let a baby out of your sight prayers, but hopefully this gets him on the right track again,hugs

Sarah McCabe

ireland
Hey guys it's been a while but just a little update. Shelby is doing great again now. Vet kept him and tube fed him for two weeks but he is home two weeks now and is eating again. His face has healed a lot and is back munching away so fingers crossed he will keep it up

jeneliza

burton michigan
Hey guys it's been a while but just a little update. Shelby is doing great again now. Vet kept him and tube fed him for two weeks but he is home two weeks now and is eating again. His face has healed a lot and is back munching away so fingers crossed he will keep it up
Awesome news, ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

That’s sooooo great!!!!!! See!!!!.... I told you! Sometimes..prayers work! Ok ... ok... now.....pictures please..? (Face,eating,etc....).