Location (City and/or State)
Indore
Vitamin A can be over-dosed. In this case, the eyes are not swollen because of a nutrition problem, but because of trauma. Vitamin A will not treat trauma.

Since the animal is not able to eat it's whole diet, the risk of the liver absorbing too much Vitamin A is high. Just be cautious and keep s/him well hydrated.

The pain killers may help with inflammation, but a steroid may be more effective. Discuss a steroid drug with your medical team if things are not significantly improved by the next business day.
How to give steroids to tortoise?
If we force any things there might be blockage in wind pipe. Which would be more dangerous.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
How to give steroids to tortoise?
If we force any things there might be blockage in wind pipe. Which would be more dangerous.
It would be given as an injection into the large muscle in the back leg (at the medical office).

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I am actually wondering if there was a vitamin a injection involved, if the skin is sloughing off due to that? I can understand swelling due to an injury but that skin looks so irritated

Redfoot mom

He is in pain. Needs exotic vet asap. Pain meds. Head or neck injury. My guy survived 5 skull and face fractures but I took him to a university with exotic vet.

Sullybear

California
I had a vet appointment today
There is some progress
His face is little out
He told me roh wait for few more days as it will pop out.

Thankyou and hope so he'll be alright
Very happy to see this! Thank you for continuing to care for him. Please let us know as things improve. :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So pleased there's been some progress for your little guy, I've been worrying about him,