Torts in need of help PLEASE read

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinosaurdammit

5 Year Member
I apologize if this is in the wrong section but I figured this would get the most attention as its needed. I posted this on ssnakess as well and wayne (infernalis) said i should post here as well as maybe you would have some more info to help me with the situation I found myself in.
The rescue in question is here http://www.dmreptilerescue.com/

Here is a link that has all the information in it as well as imbeded photos as I seem to have a problem posting photos with links.

Again, please forgive me if this is in the wrong section, i dont keep torts but love all animals, please give me your guidance. To contact anything local here are some links, the more reports the better.

http://www.phoenixherp.com/
http://www.pimaanimalcare.org/

again I am sorry if I did anything wrong by posting

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
No, after seeing the pictures I agree, we will leave it here to start with so the most folks can see those pictures you took.

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Phoenix AZ aria
dude!!! I thought my local reptile shop was bad!!! That's soooo sad :( :( :( I just looove animals (any kind, but mainly tortoises) That place is a DUMP!!! GET THE WORD OUT!!! DO NOT STOP TRYING!!!

cruiser12

5 Year Member
oh my gosh... thats so sad!:( For a minuet i thought one of those torts was a rock because it was pyradiding and had so much mud caked all over it!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Very sad. Did you talk to the guy? Try to educate him? It may be more an issue of ignorance than neglect. Maybe folks on here can send him letters explaining the proper care of tortoises? If he gets many letters maybe he'll get the point.

I can't imagine a sully living outdoors in Tucson without water... :(

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Phoenix AZ aria
mctlong said:
Very sad. Did you talk to the guy? Try to educate him? It may be more an issue of ignorance than neglect. Maybe folks on here can send him letters explaining the proper care of tortoises? If he gets many letters maybe he'll get the point.

I can't imagine a sully living outdoors in Tucson without water... :(

I like that idea!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Wow, the tortoise enclosure filled up like that is so gross! This seems like one of those hoarder shows.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well how inclined are you to getting these in your hands. I can take all of them here at the facility. Would have to ship them of course though on my Delta account. Sad story, sad situation in all.

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
Instead of spreading the word they should be reported so the animals will be removed.

Shannon and Jason

5 Year Member
South Arkansas
I am just disgusted.........I don't think talking to these people would help at all. I looked at the website after looking at those horrible pictures........They consider themselves a rescue for reptiles (the photos show healthy animals in clean living enviroments) and its the complete opposite(as the OP showed us from their experience there) the animals need rescuing from that place! Explains why they only do appointments gives em time to clean/hide what they don't want everyone else to see. I hope those poor animals get sent to a good place soon.

Infernalis

5 Year Member
I will ask her to post her updates, this going "viral" all over the web is working.

dinosaurdammit

5 Year Member
I apologize that i didnt post here more, when I first posted I couldnt find it I assume its to prevent spam so again I am sorry i didnt keep it more updated. As stated in the video I did I did report as much as I could but nothing was getting done.

So since I posted this here the following actions have been taken:

called PACC
called PACC
called PACC
(eventually by now I had called over 15 times)
FINALLY they sent someone today

http://www.herpnation.com/2013/02/

i just did an interview and idk when it will be up BUT,

I have gotten contacts from everywhere, I woke up this morning to my video going viral in the herp community. Things are getting done and i for once in a long time feel HAPPY.

I have been in touch with orange grove and they are on board with helping

i have gotten ACT involved

Many herp communities on facebook.

My god, i did something

Again I am sorry I didnt keep this updated more, thanks to wayne for getting me to update it here

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Apparently animal control has visited the facilities, no animals was removed. They were supposed to have a followup scheduled for yesterday to check for any infractions found on first visit. I do not know what the results are at this point. I would guess that if the facility and the animals were found to be in violation they would of taken all animals.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I would bet they worked their butts off to get it all nice and clean. Any animal that looks unhealthy, why that animal came in looking like that.

MooingTricycle

5 Year Member
Ugh, had WAY too much time to prepare... Bet they didnt xray those torts or iggs to look for impactions or foreign objects, what about vet papers too???

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Maybe so, at least the animals are benefiting. Hopefully inspections will continue to ensure proper care.

Status
Not open for further replies.