UPS Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weda737

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
Get her outside in the sun when you can. Mine would not eat until I sat him in the clover then you could almost hear a buzz mower

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Always great to hear a happy ending (I think I am gonna cry) Ok the moment has passed

tweeter

5 Year Member
NC
What a wonderful way to start the day! This was the first thing I check this morning :)

I'm so happy for all of you.

randy

5 Year Member
She was out under the heat light this morning in her shell, then she walked around after we came to watch her and now she is in the humid house next to the heat lamp. After enclosing the top of the tank last night the humid went down to around 50%, still good in the humid houses though, so now I know that I will as I have been leaving the other end open about 4-5 inches, which produced the perfect or close to perfect heat and humid, uncovered the top and the humid just in the past 30 minutes is at 70% at the mid tank setting. I spray each humid house at least 2-3 times each day, also the whole tank, of coarse the area around the light stays and gets quite dry pretty quick but I figure this is good for sun bathing in the nude, I mean in her shell. She still hasn't eaten anything yet, that I know of?, may have grabbed a bite or two last night, she is again sleeping in the warmer hide getting her rest after the long ordeal. If it is warm this afternoon I will give her a good 1/2 to hour outside in the grass.
#1 QUESTION-----Should I soak her again today since she was 4 days in a cardboard box?, I did spray her a little when spraying the tank this morning, just didn't know if another good soak this soon would be good for her.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
I'd give another soak today. Probably 15 min. I usually soak mine every day regardless. I wouldn't worry a whole lot that she's not eating, like you said she probably ate last night without you even knowing. After I give soaks I put the torts by the food so they know its there. If they walk away then they just aren't hungry. They will eat when they want too.

randy

5 Year Member
Arizona Sulcata said:
I'd give another soak today. Probably 15 min. I usually soak mine every day regardless. I wouldn't worry a whole lot that she's not eating, like you said she probably ate last night without you even knowing. After I give soaks I put the torts by the food so they know its there. If they walk away then they just aren't hungry. They will eat when they want too.
Thanks Austin, sent you a message. She's really doing fine and sleeping alot (is this normal). It is nice and sunny out now and if it is a good temp I'll take her out for a little bit.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
randy said:
Thanks Austin, sent you a message. She's really doing fine and sleeping alot (is this normal). It is nice and sunny out now and if it is a good temp I'll take her out for a little bit.

100% normal! :) I sent you a message as well. Haha

randy

5 Year Member
Temperatures are around 85 degrees outside of the hot humid house, 78 or close to it outside the cool humid house. Humidity is around 78%, the hot spot is at around 98 degrees. Just got done taking her outside in the sun and shade for about 35 minutes, it's around 85-90 degrees here--she also did take and eat a few of the clovers while outside, then a good warm 15-20 minute bath. She is now in the tank trying to find a way out, everything is sprayed down once again with lukewarm water, with 3 small pieces of greens in her dish incase she decides she wants to eat.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
What sort of greens are you providing? It's best to provide a little variety right now until you know what she likes. Not to worry, she will eat when she's settled and comfortable!

randy

5 Year Member
Tonight about 40 minutes ago me and my daughters took the baby outside to walk around the front yard alittle, she was out for around 20-30 minutes in the shade of the house, sun was going down. She did munch twice on some clover leaf so after bringing her back in I got a small bit of clover and put it in her dish for tonight along with a few blades of grass. If she gets hungery tonight she will have plenty to eat, she is now probably pooped from all the walking and has begun to sleep in her cool Humid hide. She seems to be doing great and seems to enjoy romping on the grass, she sure can move but it is kind of funny to watch her climb over the pieces of grass. The only thing I've seen her bite and eat was some clover leaf, I also give her 2-3 leafs of the organic spring mix. Don't seem to see her much outside of either of the humid hides, except for this morning when she was under the heat lamp next to the glass.

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
randy said:
NEW Update, the Tortoise (hatchling) was taken to Amarillo Tx. instead, guess what it is still alive. The lady there opened up the package and it was still alive. My daughters have been praying this weekend for a miracle, I know it's just a tortoise, didn't mean it in a bad way---but it is still one of Gods creatures, death comes to all but if this Tortoise lives I think I can name her Lucky, Blessed, and many other numberous wonderful names. I will immediately give the baby at least a 30 minute warm bath and feed her, she has a tank all set up and perfect for her when she gets here. Please keep the Tortoise in your prayers, I believe God cares for the creatures of his creation which the reason why he created even Tortoises was for HIS good Pleasure. Will let you all know when I get him home and updated.

Gosh I'm tearing up as I'm reading this!! I never shipped an animal-- I can't imagine...

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
I LOVE happy endings :) Glad she is home safe and sound :)

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
randy said:
Tonight about 40 minutes ago me and my daughters took the baby outside to walk around the front yard alittle, she was out for around 20-30 minutes in the shade of the house, sun was going down. She did munch twice on some clover leaf so after bringing her back in I got a small bit of clover and put it in her dish for tonight along with a few blades of grass. If she gets hungery tonight she will have plenty to eat, she is now probably pooped from all the walking and has begun to sleep in her cool Humid hide. She seems to be doing great and seems to enjoy romping on the grass, she sure can move but it is kind of funny to watch her climb over the pieces of grass. The only thing I've seen her bite and eat was some clover leaf, I also give her 2-3 leafs of the organic spring mix. Don't seem to see her much outside of either of the humid hides, except for this morning when she was under the heat lamp next to the glass.

Whew what a story! She's an Angel!! She was meant to be with you and your family. Please share pictures :) I can't wait to see her. Thank goodness she made it safely to your family. This made my day :)

randy

5 Year Member
Ya, it is a wonder she survived and is doing as good as she is which is great. Last night after she woke up for her nap and before she got back to sleep she at about 3-4 pieces of spring mix green leaves, first time I've seen her eat. Now she will nibble on grass while outside walking around, but this is the first time I've seen her gobble up food like she was starving to death, I'm thinking she is an evening/night eater. For the last two days she gets about 30-45 minutes of sun/shade/walking around, today it was overcast with sun coming out every so often, and if I remember my sunburns enough the UVB still comes out then and even maybe stronger? After a walk and romp, she gets a good 10-15 minute warm water soak, and then put into her tank where she will head to the hot spot for up to 45 minutes or so to warm up and then she goes to her humid hide and falls asleep. Today I noticed that her shell seemed to be slippery, not sure if it is soft but want to get some calcium. Should I get the cuddlebone for her or the zoo med calcium + D? She is doing awesome, thinking about either calling her Miracle or Mercy, either one sounds good, my wife says she'll just call it Turtle, I told her we could name her T-U-R-T-L-E, my wifes sister had a dog named D-O-G, which stupid enough took me long enough to get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.