UPS Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cali
Someone mentioned that she's an Angel...maybe you should name her Angel :p Unless she turns out to be a male that is hahahaha or he can be male angel lol...good news to hear. My 2 little M&M's (morla and morty) arrived this morning and they are HEALTHY and glad I ordered from Austin! I too have a complaint about UPS...they left the box on the ground and rang the doorbell and drove off AND it's supposed to be a signature required delivery!! I opened the box and Morty was on his back :( By the way Austin packaged it, there's no way he could have flipped over..the top flaps were low enough that were almost touching his back so someone probably shook the box or it fell maybe.

oh yah and the calcium is up to you...I leave cuttlebones all over the enclosure, I buy them in bulk from Carolinapetsupply.com and it will last me a long long time. I break it in tiny pieces around the enclosure so they can munch on it when they want and I also break it up into powder and sprinkle it time to time if I don't see them eating it.

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
I am so sorry for both you and the tortoise, and for Eric being do rude to you when you were upset and scared for the hatchling. I'm sure Austin feels equally upset

randy

5 Year Member
We all have our opinions and I have mine, the only help that I got was here at Wichita Falls Texas UPS and the lady stated that since they promise overnight delivery she said it's crazy not to do it on Thursday since it is in there gaurantee. No I do agree the way I handled it was probably not in the best Christian way that I could have, but it just got my goat that they kept lying to me and telling me 3-4 different stories, if they would have told me the truth right off the bat I still would have been upset but it would be easier to. Since I do love animals and yes I do not agree with PETA, it's hard to see anyone not really care and I have just experienced. We all make mistakes in life, no one is better than anyone else, and yes I have learned alot through this, I will probably next time order an animal, reptile or whatever no later than Wednesday since it would be better for a two day delay than a 4-5 day delay, mistake made---lesson learned. Thanks again for all the concerns for the little girl, now it is up to me to fullfill my part and give her the best life possible for her and her well being, I do believe or realize this can be more of a commentment in someways than having a dog or cat, so what the heck bring it on.

EricIvins

5 Year Member
TaraDodrill said:
I am so sorry for both you and the tortoise, and for Eric being do rude to you when you were upset and scared for the hatchling. I'm sure Austin feels equally upset

So being upfront and honest is now "rude"? SERIOUSLY? I live in the real world, where things aren't sugar coated and the Kumbayas are hard lessons learned..........Not to mention I have a multitude of experience in live animal shipping using both FedEx and UPS, along with many Airlines......I know how the system works, and what happens when it fails.......I'll let everyone in on another secret - Arrival times are NEVER guaranteed, they're only estimated......Shocking isn't it?

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
randy said:
We all have our opinions and I have mine, the only help that I got was here at Wichita Falls Texas UPS and the lady stated that since they promise overnight delivery she said it's crazy not to do it on Thursday since it is in there gaurantee. No I do agree the way I handled it was probably not in the best Christian way that I could have, but it just got my goat that they kept lying to me and telling me 3-4 different stories, if they would have told me the truth right off the bat I still would have been upset but it would be easier to. Since I do love animals and yes I do not agree with PETA, it's hard to see anyone not really care and I have just experienced. We all make mistakes in life, no one is better than anyone else, and yes I have learned alot through this, I will probably next time order an animal, reptile or whatever no later than Wednesday since it would be better for a two day delay than a 4-5 day delay, mistake made---lesson learned. Thanks again for all the concerns for the little girl, now it is up to me to fullfill my part and give her the best life possible for her and her well being, I do believe or realize this can be more of a commentment in someways than having a dog or cat, so what the heck bring it on.

It's a great commitment :) I've had my little one for 29 years! She went to college too ;) you have a great attitude !! And the turtle has a good home. Now where are those pictures?? :)

randy

5 Year Member
SailingMystic said:
randy said:

It's a great commitment :) I've had my little one for 29 years! She went to college too ;) you have a great attitude !! And the turtle has a good home. Now where are those pictures?? :)

My wife hasn't downloaded from her phone yet, I'm waiting! And I hope I can be a good home, have heard rummers about parvo in the back yard a year or so ago?, don't know---just move here at this house from Bloomsburg Pa. in November, hoping this is not true but if it is don't know what will happen, of coarse had to hear this Tuesday after getting the girl. My 12 year old is out with her in the yard right now and she ran in with her saying she was starving to death cause she is eating alot of grass, It's about time!!!! I told her Dah, she supposed to eat grass. She has her appetite back and seems to be eating alot now, this is good and the weather has been warm and sunny here so she has been getting at least 30-45 minutes a day in the sun/shade getting plenty of exercise.

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
If there's parvo in the back then do you have a front yard she can hang out at? Hopefully no previous dogs had worms because those can linger around for years and once your baby girl is all grown she might accidentally ingest that :(

ada caro said:
AS u can see with "God all things are possible" GBU
YEZZIR :D

Status
Not open for further replies.