Weeds equal massive poops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manchester, UK
So, the weeds have started sprouting for the past month in my area (mainly dandelions) and Milly has been lapping them up while she can! They don't last long, only a couple months and they're gone.

I've noticed recently her poops are massive! So I think her digestive system has had a good clear out from her winter diet! Unfortunately she will live on a summer/winter diet until I have a fully established green house, which could take years.

Not really a question, just an observation that weeds equal massive poops :D my only wish is that they were available all year round. Im currently growing cactus, dandelions, mixed weeds, curly kale, and mixed lettuces which should keep her going until autumn.

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
When i broke my arm a few weeks ago I was struggling to chop up the weeds for my hatchlings,so i threw it in a blender and they loved it.Then i tried freezing it in an ice cube tray and when i defrosted it was exactly the same.So far 421 dandylion/plantain cubes frozen ready for the winter lol 945199_10151609079662044_35997544_n.jpg428447_10151602297812044_801783436_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
What a brilliant idea! Do you need to add water or anything to freeze them?
My mum made me pull up all the dandelions in my garden for Milly because she was cutting the grass. I put them all in a bag but they just go limp and soggy. I'll have to freeze the next bunch.

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
LeopardTortLover said:
What a brilliant idea! Do you need to add water or anything to freeze them?
My mum made me pull up all the dandelions in my garden for Milly because she was cutting the grass. I put them all in a bag but they just go limp and soggy. I'll have to freeze the next bunch.

No,i just froze them the way they were

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
I guess you could also put the mix into a baking tray and then freeze it that way. Then when it comes to unfreezing, let it defrost a little so you can slice it, then put the rest back in the freezer. Just a thought.

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
LeopardTortLover said:
I guess you could also put the mix into a baking tray and then freeze it that way. Then when it comes to unfreezing, let it defrost a little so you can slice it, then put the rest back in the freezer. Just a thought.

yes that would probably work,then put them in freezer bags and start again lol,going for a forage to find some more things to freeze

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
ripdsawyer said:
Freezing doesn't hurt any nutrients?

I wouldn't imagine so. Boiling would, but not freezing. Weeds can live through quite cold blights of weather.

pepsiandjac said:
LeopardTortLover said:

yes that would probably work,then put them in freezer bags and start again lol,going for a forage to find some more things to freeze

I'll be having a rummage around my garden soon and freezing things, along with local dandelion spots that I know dont use pesticides.

Status
Not open for further replies.