What are your biggest pet peeves?

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Texas
Yvonne -- I am laughing picturing your DT trying to slurp down spaghetti noodles!!! Thank you for that image I needed it today :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
The phrase "I'm calling you out" especially on line---really? what cha gonna do? silly really....

The phrase "nothing personal but" then someone says something totally personal to you....come on, just say what you need to say so that a person can respond as directly and equally as they then feel the need to...

Narrow minded thinking...there is NOT ONE WAY to do something and when folks get stuck in a one way mode...I just shake my head and laugh....

When someone asks for folks opinions on a described situation...then a variety of folks offer their opinions...then the said person dismisses each and every opinion...why ask if you know it all???

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
a little late to the thread..but a huge pet peeve of mine is people who are disrespectful. i have my days where i can laugh at ones rude ways, but typically it really makes me wanna backhand them. i have a few quirky things about myself that friends have pointed out that i get pissed off about but i cant think of them off the top if my head.

ulkal

5 Year Member
My 2nd and last pet peeve:
I hate when people only move here for the party experience and cheap rent and do not even have the decency to try to learn the language. At the same time, they have cute status updates complaining about the Germanness of Germans (whatever that means) but have been living here for years without ever considering learning German. Best thing is when they claim Berlin is not Germany and everyone speaks English anyway.
Not talking about people who came/come here for work and maybe did not have the time to fully master the language. Also not saying that this is the most welcoming of societies. Not saying assimilate either, hell no. Not saying there is nothing to criticize. But if you have nothing else to do, why not learn a bit of the language of the country you live in?
Sorry, just had to vent.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
My pet peeve is arguments in threads that stop being entertaining and just turn in redundant ramblings.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Cowboy_Ken said:
My pet peeve is arguments in threads that stop being entertaining and just turn in redundant ramblings.

But what if the aurgument is still entertaining for the other people involved? Such a hard one to judge. ;)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Saleama said:
Cowboy_Ken said:

But what if the aurgument is still entertaining for the other people involved? Such a hard one to judge. ;)

Another peeve, when I am assumed to put others feeling ahead of mine. Lol.

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
Oh I have so many pet peeves! Lol

Loud eating. Eeew. I have asked my boyfriend if his mom ever taught him to not smack. I remember the "stop smacking" mantra when I was 4. Now I am teaching my 42 year old boyfriend. :/

As far as animals, I run a dog rescue and do events on the weekends. We have the dogs in large pens running and playing together. At least 5 times a day I get people asking if the dogs are good with other dogs. I am like "really? They are with 10 dogs, can't you see they are good with other dogs?" (I don't really say that to them though)

I also HATE oppionated people regarding our animals at the event. It is too hot/cold/tired/active/whatever! I want to tell people "well I can take them back to the pound to be euthanized if you would prefer". If you are not a part of the solution, shush!! Yes, I love animals and hate people. It's a balancing act lol.
Oh one more, people will stick there heads IN our adoption van to see the dogs before we bring them out. If the doors are closed, they will have their face pressed into the dark windows to see. Such an invasion of privacy, not to mention it gets the dogs barking crazy and drives me batty.

Ok I am done lol

Oh no, I have another
People will feel the need to point out when a dog is in the process of pooping.
I DO say "well how about I let him finish before I pick it up?"

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Cowboy_Ken said:
Saleama said:
Cowboy_Ken said:

Another peeve, when I am assumed to put others feeling ahead of mine. Lol.

Touche! LOL...

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
Oh I also hate it when people/strangers want to pray for me (in a nice way, because I help animals). I find it uncomfortable and presumptuous of my beliefs.

TiyahLove

5 Year Member
Those people that ask every single stupid question possible about my reptiles repeatedly.
I run an event yearly for the reptile rescues that would like to participate where they can bring reptiles to a location and I invite a bunch of people from the reptile community to come out with their scaley friends, socalize, and make a new addition to the family. Last year we held it at the local park because we had about 8 tortoises and boxes, 20 snakes(one of them being a 8 ft red tail boa, congrats to the lucky lady that adopted him!), and about 10 various lizards. we let them enjoy some of the sunshine and every dog walker, elderly, or just anyone curious by the event would come up to me look at my green anaconda and ask "Has it bitten you?" "Won't it eat you when it gets bigger?" "Is it poisionus?"
There was one lady that saw my son holding a emerald tree boa and promptly told him "You're crazy that snake will strangle you to death! Your mother must not care about your saftey." I smiled walked up to her shook her hand and greeted her by saying hi this is my son and walking away.
There is a fine line between asking a question and asking too many stupid questions repeatedly. Makes my blood boil!

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Linz2491 said:
Oh I also hate it when people/strangers want to pray for me (in a nice way, because I help animals). I find it uncomfortable and presumptuous of my beliefs.

Had the check out lady at my FAVORITE store do this to me when she found out I was a diabetic, only she wanted to pray WITH me. Every time I went in there she invited me to her church. I am too polite to tell her I am not interested. I love that she is such a beautiful soul and I think it is refreshing that there are still people who care bout others just because, but please, take a hint. My beliefs are very private to me. thanks but no thanks.

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
People confusing gourmand and gourmet... Not the same thing!

And: Switzerland=\= Sweden. And no, we don't have any reindeer running around here. :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
peasinapod said:

And: Switzerland=\= Sweden. And no, we don't have any reindeer running around here. :p

Never heard of gourmand. Of course you don't have reindeer running around, we all know they fly! :D Sorry could not resist.

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Jacqui said:
peasinapod said:

Never heard of gourmand. Of course you don't have reindeer running around, we all know they fly! :D Sorry could not resist.

Oops, my mistake. Of course they fly! :p