• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
If you were going to be a reptile from a breeder, which name would you "trust" the most, or think was cool enough to check out, at the least? (All of these names would be followed by "Exotic Pets".)

Dragon Dreamscapes
Enchanting Exotics
The Horned Dragon (you know HORNED frog and bearded DRAGON)
The Chomping Grounds (<--- D's Pacman Frog is called "Chompy", get it?)
Captivating Creatures ('cause they're CAPTIVE bred, see???)
The Bean's Dream (<----The Bean is our beloved Hermann's that you know by Dasani, she could be our "mascot" LOL!")

Deontay and I want to start up a couple of breeding projects, and then have a table at some of the local shows (more for fun than profit... okay, for FUN totally! LOL!) I'm wanting to get into Beardies more, and he's looking for some adult Pac Man Frogs... We'd throw in some tortoises if we ever get any (Shuto the RF is ready, I think, I need a mature male for her, though.) Then some pet quality rats and some Betta fish... Just the things we're interested in, can breed for FUN, and not be upset if we get stuck with a bunch of babies that don't sell because we'll be glad to keep 'em!

Basically what we'd love to do is get some breeding going on, then do some tables, print out caresheets with links (for instance links to THIS forum) for ongoing support, and of course give them our contact info in case they ever need to let the animal go. Just provide something that it seems many breeders that you see at shows don't (and for you WI people, I'm not talking Monona... I'll do a table there but I can't beat what's already done there! But at least we can get some more Pac Mans out there! LOL! But I've seen breeders elsewhere sell animals too small, or not have any info on hatchling dates, offer caresheets, etc etc...)

Anyways, I digress.... so we're looking for a "FUN" name to go with our project... hoping to have some things up and ready to go in 4 - 5 months...

(Any other name suggestions are welcome!)

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Ooo I forgot to add "The Bean's Dream" on the poll, dangit I don't think I can in EDIT! LOL!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
You can start a new thread Kelly and I can delete this one. :D
But one thing you should remember is that you can't sell turtles and tortoises under 4 inches legally if your associated with a business.
So giving yourself a name is cool for other reptiles, just not for the turtles and tortoises.
Something to think about. :D

Danny

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello Kelly

All the names you have in mind are good but Enchanting exotics is the one I like the most :).

Let us know which one you pick.

Good luck with your project :)

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
So Danny, if we just do it as a hobby, and have a table, and don't really have a BUSINESS but still call our "project" a cool name, then can we do the little tortoises?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Thing is they feel a name constitutes a business. I know people that have gotten into trouble with a name, a website and going to shows.
What you want to do is research what is considered a business in your state. In Florida (where my friend lives how breeds a lot of turtles) the state defines a business as a name, open to the public (hours of operation) and letterhead, which he has none of.
We were armed with this at the expo a couple of years ago as the year before the FDA and Florida fish and game were busting peoples chops for selling hatchling turtles.
Sure enough the year we brought in the info a Florida fish and game officer started to give my friend a hard time about the turtles. So my friend pulls out all the information he got from the state and actually impressed the guy. My friend gave him his contact info as the officer said he'd look into what my friend had looked up.
Well he got back to him with if anyone ever gives you a hard time about your turtles you have them contact me or my supervisor and we'll set them straight.
So it pays big time to have all the info you need to prove you are not a business with you at all times.

Danny

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
there are tons of hatchling turtles and hatchling leopards last time i was at the one show i'd really like to have a table at.... in IL... what if we broke the table in two, and DEONTAY sold the tortoises under his name, then I did the rest under a cool name? LOL! okay stretching it a bit...

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
You'd have to have seperate tables :D

Danny

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
LOL Yah, doubt they'll let a 14 year old get a table! Well, these tortoises aren't doing much as far as breeding activity goes! So oh well, I will look more forward to the Beardies then! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.