What is this bloody looking spot on my RF head?

ashlyn

Location (City and/or State)
Houston, TX
Any "branded" CHE should work - ZooMed, Arcadia, ExoTerra, Fluker's (they last for many years). I can't tell exact wattage - much depends on room temperatures, enclosure insulation and so on. My personal preference is to use 2 or more low-wattage CHEs on a single thermostat to achieve more even temperatures (simply said two 50W on left and right sides are better than one 100W in the middle).

This thermostat should work fine:
You can get it from Amazon as well. Two or more CHEs can be connected with a power strip.
This is great, thank you for all your help! I really appreciate it! So ready to get him on track for better conditions

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
This is great, thank you for all your help! I really appreciate it! So ready to get him on track for better conditions
You are always welcome! Also, you can check with us the shopping basket before placing an order.

Last edited:
Vancouver bc
Any "branded" CHE should work - ZooMed, Arcadia, ExoTerra, Fluker's (they last for many years). I can't tell exact wattage - much depends on room temperatures, enclosure insulation and so on. My personal preference is to use 2 or more low-wattage CHEs on a single thermostat to achieve more even temperatures (simply said two 50W on left and right sides are better than one 100W in the middle).

This thermostat should work fine:
You can get it from Amazon as well. Two or more CHEs can be connected with a power strip.
Hey Alex! Whats the smallest size enclosure would you personally use two CHEs -4x4? If that makes sense?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hey Alex! Whats the smallest size enclosure would you personally use two CHEs -4x4? If that makes sense?
4x2, perhaps. For 4x4 square maybe 3. But it depends on species, age, room temperatures, enclosure height and insulation :) If you need only 3-5F+ above room temperature, likely 1 CHE for 4x2 is enough.

When using a single powerful heat source to warm up far corners you will end with it running almost all the time - and when far ends reach, for example, 80F then in the middle you'll have 90F or more under the heater.