What Timers Do You Guys use?

Tank & Scooter

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
I bought this Defiant and it gave out after 4 days, it only turns light off now. I get up at 6am to turn basking light on. I was turning on at 8am, but by 6am they're already moving about and eating.

Do you think I got a defective timer? I really don't wanna buy same brand. Disappointed. And I called home depot and they said they can't exchange it becuase all sales are final, store is closing or moving. I even called other home depot and they're like... "Did you buy it at the home depot that's closing? Becuase we can't exchange it if you did ". REALLY???20180531_211708.jpg

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
I forgot to mention, it's set at 4am because before it went out, it would turn on an hour later each day. 4am would turn it on at 8am

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I bought this Defiant and it gave out after 4 days, it only turns light off now. I get up at 6am to turn basking light on. I was turning on at 8am, but by 6am they're already moving about and eating.

Do you think I got a defective timer? I really don't wanna buy same brand. Disappointed. And I called home depot and they said they can't exchange it becuase all sales are final, store is closing or moving. I even called other home depot and they're like... "Did you buy it at the home depot that's closing? Becuase we can't exchange it if you did ". REALLY???View attachment 240474

My timer travels with me....my thumb works well....click on in the am...then click off when I am going to bed....simple is pretty complex in my household.... :)

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
My timer travels with me....my thumb works well....click on in the am...then click off when I am going to bed....simple is pretty complex in my household.... :)
Naw not me. I'll probably forget, they'll be lit all night[emoji23][emoji274]

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Naw not me. I'll probably forget, they'll be lit all night[emoji23][emoji274]

After a couple of drinks from time to time, yes, it will happen...but they are able to move from the light into their night spots and behind plants....until the dumb human comes in and hits the switch....trust me, they are a resilient group and not a single judgey one in the group....they rock.

Longhorns1187

Omaha, NE
Menard's had a model of Smart Electrician 7 day digital timers they were discontinuing. So, I bought 15 of them for about $4 each to run our entire reptile room lighting automatically. They even have an internal back up battery that will keep time, in the event of a power outage. So far, they have kept perfect time.

shellandpenny

Tampa, Florida
A buddy gave me an ikea one to use (didn’t even know they sold timers...) and I haven’t had any problems with it. Comes on like clock work