Yesterday, I did not believe it!

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
My sweetheart Kerry called me at 2PM yesterday. She had spent vacation with me and left my home at 10am. When she called it was 62F outside near Annapolis MD. I own a '17 Expedition bought new in 11/16. I've owned them since '99 and have driven both of the other old ones in 22" of snow, they are BEASTS in the snow. Of course; It has not snowed more than 2" since I bought this one! LOL

Anyway, She called to tell me that be today at 2pm, there would be 8-12" of snow on the ground.

When she told me, I called BS. I thought she was kidding me but she told me where the hi's and lows were and the pattern....so she wasn't kidding.

At 3am, the "tinking" of ice on my bedroom skylight woke me. I left for work at 4AM and drove in.....light snow, zero traffic.

It's now 10AM.............and I just slipped and fell lmao in 6" of snow.........and that's my truck in the pic..........

What a difference a day makes!

Happy New Year guys!

Attachments

• s1.png
    s1.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 24
  • s2.png
    s2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 24

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I'm glad you are ok ☺️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My sweetheart Kerry called me at 2PM yesterday. She had spent vacation with me and left my home at 10am. When she called it was 62F outside near Annapolis MD. I own a '17 Expedition bought new in 11/16. I've owned them since '99 and have driven both of the other old ones in 22" of snow, they are BEASTS in the snow. Of course; It has not snowed more than 2" since I bought this one! LOL

Anyway, She called to tell me that be today at 2pm, there would be 8-12" of snow on the ground.

When she told me, I called BS. I thought she was kidding me but she told me where the hi's and lows were and the pattern....so she wasn't kidding.

At 3am, the "tinking" of ice on my bedroom skylight woke me. I left for work at 4AM and drove in.....light snow, zero traffic.

It's now 10AM.............and I just slipped and fell lmao in 6" of snow.........and that's my truck in the pic..........

What a difference a day makes!

Happy New Year guys!
That sounds like OHIO ? give it a minute and the weather will change ?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Out there too Cathie? MD has always been like that........maybe everywhere is...lol

We ended up with a foot of HEAVY snow in Upper Marlboro, just Southeast of DC. I cleared my truck at 2pm....traffic had been locked up in front of my office on Rt 301. There was little traffic when I left once I got out of PG county.

I finally got to drive this Expy in a little snow.....what a beast....like it wasn't even there. I saw hundreds of stuck cars on my 46 mile trip, hundreds! Folks would drive too fast for their vehicle and slide off the road or get frustrated and try to turn around in their cars only to get stuck in the intersections. Apparently, one 8" pile of snow stops a Civic cold! It sucked out there for a lot of drivers....thankfully it wasn't for me.

I did witness some real humanity too from my office window. A Charger, one of the fast new ones... was stucker than mud when a kid in a pickup with a plow drove over to where he was stuck on Rt301 and cleared him a path back to the traffic path, then the Charger driver got out and pushed a woman whose path was also cleared by the kid......cool stuff

At home near Gibson Island, just North of the Bay bridge we got around 8 or so. I just went out with my daughter while she cleared her car...to lend her moral support in the 25F temps......

Nice present for those of us that LOVE snow~!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Out there too Cathie? MD has always been like that........maybe everywhere is...lol

We ended up with a foot of HEAVY snow in Upper Marlboro, just Southeast of DC. I cleared my truck at 2pm....traffic had been locked up in front of my office on Rt 301. There was little traffic when I left once I got out of PG county.

I finally got to drive this Expy in a little snow.....what a beast....like it wasn't even there. I saw hundreds of stuck cars on my 46 mile trip, hundreds! Folks would drive too fast for their vehicle and slide off the road or get frustrated and try to turn around in their cars only to get stuck in the intersections. Apparently, one 8" pile of snow stops a Civic cold! It sucked out there for a lot of drivers....thankfully it wasn't for me.

I did witness some real humanity too from my office window. A Charger, one of the fast new ones... was stucker than mud when a kid in a pickup with a plow drove over to where he was stuck on Rt301 and cleared him a path back to the traffic path, then the Charger driver got out and pushed a woman whose path was also cleared by the kid......cool stuff

At home near Gibson Island, just North of the Bay bridge we got around 8 or so. I just went out with my daughter while she cleared her car...to lend her moral support in the 25F temps......

Nice present for those of us that LOVE snow~!
No snow yet phew... but Ohio can be way out there too. The temps and rain have been cooperating. When it's warm it rains and when it's freezing it's bright and sunny so far? I think I'd rather have the snow because I have a good excuse to cancel everything and just be retired and watch it. I love to watch the snow! And the birds hanging out at my house cause they know I'll feed them. I just don't want to have to go out and about when it's going on. However, I do know how to drive in it unlike most people if I have too. One simple trick will stop or prevent a slide... take your foot off the gas and put it in neutral.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Crazy weather all around. Its been unusually cold here too. Highs only in the 50s the last three weeks. It was 27 degrees when I took the hawks out for hunting this morning. It wasn't snow, but the ground was covered with a layer of crunchy frost. I had to wear gloves. I hate cold weather. Looking forward to 70s later this week.