Status
Not open for further replies.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, arizona
the aftermath of a dust/rain storm

DSCN3402.jpg

~ we'd been in high country for a few nights and enjoyed heavy rain showers, the car was clean when we got home. Sometime during the night a dust storm rolled through. this is what it left behind.

and today's temp in the back yard. UGH. This is a prime reason RV enjoys the mud puddle under the lemon tree, and watermelon treats.

DSCN3409.jpg

DSCN3269.jpg

DSCN3222.jpg

DSCN3223.jpg

DSCN3293.jpg

my favorite girl...

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
I feel your pain! I just can't wait until I can get my babies outside for more than a couple hours in the early morning.

I love that last picture. Beautiful tort!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Beautiful pictures! I liked Phoenix as a place to quickly drive thru. I don't like your heat one bit. You do get some great sunrises and sunsets. :cool:

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
JeffG said:
I feel your pain! I just can't wait until I can get my babies outside for more than a couple hours in the early morning.

I hear you! I can only be outside with Wilbur for like 20-25 minutes and then I start to really melt!

Very cute pics!:p

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
FranklinTturtle said:
Now that's hot!!!! Does it get cold in the winter months? I mean below 40 degrees.

sometimes we have hard freezes where we have to cover our trees and bushes.. we keep losing a large portion of our lime tree - oh, every 4 or 5 years.. we cut it back and it grows out. Once it starts giving nice limes, the heavy freeze comes thru and then we have to wait again. We rarely have snow, the slightly higher elevations get it..... pretty. I don't like our heat either, but here is where I live. Thankfully I work nights and sleep days...

Status
Not open for further replies.