Background Colors for Red Foot

ND135

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Need a little advice….

I’m the momma of a Red Foot that is just a little over one year old - I’ve had her for 4 months.

I’ve used the paper background (on the outside of the glass terrarium) that came with the terrarium from day one it’s a bunch of branches and greens with a few colorful flowers.

I ordered new background and sides for her but the order got messed up the sides are similar to what she has now. But the bigger background looks like a bright orange dessert

I know Red Foots are sensitive little souls. Will bright orange freak her out next to calm sides or will she like bright colors in the daylight and enjoy calm sides in the evening cooler hours?

I know this question may sound silly but again it’s my first background change with her and I’m curious as to how others May have reacted to their background changes

Grateful for kind advice ….

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The bright color could make her try to eat them thru the glass. Tortoises like red/orange and white. All you can do is try it and see how she acts.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I agree about the bright colors. And especially orange and red. And inedible objects might get chomped on in the confusion.

RF are hard wired for red meaning "delicious to eat"

I'd use something neutral in color. Or black to set off the colors of the tort.

ND135

Maryland
I agree about the bright colors. And especially orange and red. And inedible objects might get chomped on in the confusion.

RF are hard wired for red meaning "delicious to eat"

I'd use something neutral in color. Or black to set off the colors of the tort.
Thanks so much!

ND135

Maryland
The bright color could make her try to eat them thru the glass. Tortoises like red/orange and white. All you can do is try it and see how she acts.
Thanks for this. I put up the new background and sides without the bright orange desert look and it went well. She seems to really like the "rainforest" background.