Chevy isn't doing so well..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
You got a pretty good bulb there...not the BEST MVB but it'll do quite well!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Don't be angry at the parents, to them 80 dollars for a bulb is probably expensive, give them time they will warm up to him.

John

5 Year Member
did anyone catch the part where this tort is pooping undigested food,namely lettuce,what else is he being fed?and if he previously had soft shell was this rectified?YOU NEED A VET!

John

5 Year Member
Marty333 said:
he is being fed collards, mustard greens, springmix without the spinach, baby food (butternut squash), and grassland tortoise food.

no vet yet?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
If he is not digesting his food, not good. I so agree with squamata, a vet is past due. Does he show any signs of being septic at all? I have little experience with tortoise illness, could it be parasites? The not dgesting his food must be of some signal of what the problem must be. Hopefully the vet can see him first thing in the morning.

dmmj said:
Don't be angry at the parents, to them 80 dollars for a bulb is probably expensive, give them time they will warm up to him.

I understand that times are challenging financially for alot of folks. Not all share our compassion for tortoises. Hope things work out.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
If I recall, that poop pic looked like cactus, and it was brand new to him. However it was soon after that, that there was concern about how he was doing...
I really dont know what a vet would do at this point besides a fecal, that she isnt already doing... ???

M

Maggie Cummings

I don't understand why you are wanting to talk to him on the phone, instead of just bringing Chevy in to see him...that is a very sick baby and he needs to be seen by a Vet. Have you showed your parents how bad he is?

M

Maggie Cummings

They are sad, but aren't taking him to the vet? This is a living breathing being who needs care by a Doctor and I don't see you or your parents doing anything about him. He needs to be seen or he's going to die. It upsets me so much that you are just sitting on the computer instead of taking him to the vet

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
I am trying my best! OK! I dont want him to die either! I cant drive If I could I would go there! My parents aren't willing to drive me! Im sitting on this computer waiting fro the vet to respond to my email! It upsets me so much because you are barely sympathetic!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
You should call them back tell them it is an emergency you need to be seen today you should not wait another day

Status
Not open for further replies.