Chevy isn't doing so well..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stev0623

5 Year Member
I'm sure everything will be alright.

Kat, what kind of lights are you using for your sully? You mentioned chevy was playful when outside, is it possible that the lights inside are hurting his eyes? certains lights can make a tort go blind

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Katerina:

I'm hoping that Egyptian Dan's info hasn't gotten lost in all the subsequent postings. His was some good information for you. Please continue to put Chevy under the UV light, soak him in the bird vitamin water and use the liquid calcium. Maggie has brought a few babies back from the brink using this method. Going to the vet isn't as important as this information is.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Yvonne.. if you can find that post and send it to her.. She asked me how to give the Vitasol.. so I dont think she saw it.. There is a lot of 'stuff' on this post.. so it would be easy to miss..

M

Maggie Cummings

Katerina, how is Chevy today? Is your UVB light one of those curly ones? Would you check it out and let us know please?

Here is the post from Danny...It sounds to me like the beginings of MBD Katerina. Sad You'll need to start soaking him in water with liquid vitamins (I use Vitasol for birds) and start giving a calcium supplement with vitamin D3.
This is just the begining, so shouldn't take that long to turn him around.

You put several drops of the bird vitamins in the soaking water. Then every time you feed you sprinkle calcium w/D3 over the food. I had a very soft hatchling that I was sure was going to die and I followed Danny's instructions and she turned around in just a few weeks. So ever since then when I get a soft hatchling I use Danny's way and they get better. So I am hoping you will do what Danny has suggested and what I know works... for Chevy.

We haven't heard from Katerina in a bit, I wonder why???

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
Ok Chevy is still the seem just thankful he is still alive. I soaked him outside for 30 minutes in the Florida sun with the vita sol. When I bought the Vita Sol it was 3 dollars so I was like yes! When I went to Check out it turned out to be 8$ so tomorrow when we go shopping I will ask my mom to pick up some liquid calcium supplement. Hopefully I will get an MVB soon. He pooped out little shredded pieces of lettuce when I was soaking him so I don't know what that means.

M

Maggie Cummings

Marty333 said:
Ok Chevy is still the seem just thankful he is still alive. I soaked him outside for 30 minutes in the Florida sun with the vita sol. When I bought the Vita Sol it was 3 dollars so I was like yes! When I went to Check out it turned out to be 8$ so tomorrow when we go shopping I will ask my mom to pick up some liquid calcium supplement. Hopefully I will get an MVB soon. He pooped out little shredded pieces of lettuce when I was soaking him so I don't know what that means.

I believe you have to get the liquid calcium from the vet, I don't think it's at the pet store. Your post kinda confuses me. Did you get the VitaSol? I am confused about the $3 or $8.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Marty333 said:
Yeah I got the Vita sol It was marked at 3$ and when I went to the checkout they charged me 8$ and now I am broke cause all I had left was 10 dollars :(

A learning experience for you...when they have something marked on the shelf for one price but they try to charge you a different price, all you have to do is say, "It says on the shelf $3" and they will give you the cheaper price. This is called bait and switch and its illegal. So even if it was a mistake on their part, they have to honor the cheaper price.

Marty333

10 Year Member!
I did but the cashier lady said it must of been put in the wrong spot and that i should look for a cheaper one. Thankfully a lady who was after me was kind enough to give me two dollars because all I had was 6 dollars :) I am going to report it though.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
When Nelson was a hatchling he slept or stayed hidden the majority of the day. There were some days when I wouldn't see him out at all, since I was at class during his "awake time".
However, I never considered him to be lethargic. When he was awake he was alert. As he got older he would stay awake more and more during the day.
How is Chevy doing?

Since you've joined the forum I have always thought you are very responsible and mature. It is obvious from every one of your posts just how much you care about Chevy.

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
Marty333 said:
I have a UVA bulb

Hey MarKat, just wondering if your bulb is just UVA or if its UVB/UVA? Chevy needs UVB, so that could be one problem.

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Got a new bulb for 40 dollars!!!!! Its a new brand so it isn't on the petsmart website :) I took some pics!
001.JPG

002.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.