COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
a rather late good mornooning friends! bit chaotic today, looking like be working late :(

nice and sunny here just now, we've another storm due though.. the news is calling it 'frank'

...we call it Tuesday;).

hope everyone is well and wibbling on :)
Good afternoon, John!:)
Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Time for a beer!!!!!:)
When is NOT a good time?
I had a beer myself last night
I like one after doing yard work or sweating it out in the garage.
I've been painting Kellys motorcycle wheels and installing new tires while I'm waiting on the parts to repair her transmission.
It was almost friggin' 90 degrees yesterday!

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
I don't drink when i'm teaching or before visiting Moroccan friends.
Otherwise, yeah, it's always a good time.
That's hot!
Low 70's here today which is good for me.
I don't drink when I'm teaching either -
The education authority took my mini bar away!
I was only using it for life skills - honestly!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Morning CDRdwellers! Weather today!!!!!: ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1451398451.413576.jpg Cool! Finally! But it god me by surprise and I think I may be losing some of the new cacti planting that I started couple of moths ago for the babies' future outdoor enclosure. Crap! Thing couple of them got little frostbites from the ground level! Last night I brought every new plant in (as much as I hate dragging pots back and forth. Ugghh! I'll be real upset if those couple plants croak!

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Morning CDRdwellers! Weather today!!!!!: View attachment 160284 Cool! Finally! But it god me by surprise and I think I may be losing some of the new cacti planting that I started couple of moths ago for the babies' future outdoor enclosure. Crap! Thing couple of them got little frostbites from the ground level! Last night I brought every new plant in (as much as I hate dragging pots back and forth. Ugghh! I'll be real upset if those couple plants croak!
Hopefully you've caught them in time. What about making little bubble wrap covers?
It's unseasonably warm here - spring bulbs are growing already a few months ahead of themselves and my Camillia tree is starting to flower again - the postman was wearing shorts today! Its about 16 -17'C and sunny!! Almost as warm as our summer.

Last edited:

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
For the folks who wanted to go elk-watching with me.

I should clarify that this is not a totally natural situation. The elk are wild, and come and go as they please, but in this area they are heavily overpopulated, which generates a lot of complaints about them getting into hay barns and fields and such, and a lot of demands for the herds to be culled by special hunts. To keep the peace, the wildlife department maintains several areas where they truck in hay during the part of the year when heavy snow makes grazing difficult in the high country. In this particular canyon, the hay is scattered in long swaths so the elk can "graze" more or less naturally on it. The project has been going on for years, and the elk know which canyons the hay will be in, so when the snow gets deep, they head for those canyons. The one road into the canyon is blocked off at the end during the winter to keep people from taking advantage of the feeding program to poach elk, but you can get in to a point where you can watch elk come and go, and hear them talking to each other.

View attachment 160266 View attachment 160267
Oh, what would I not give to see that live! Thank you for posting this story and pics. It warms my heart

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Afternoon, Lyn.
Much better than I deserve, thanks! :)
Hi Adam
it's a beautiful day here!
I've spent the morning unblocking the guttering with a home made guttering unblocker.
Thought it was moss but turns out part of next doors satellite dish was blocking the down pipe causing it to overflow.
Think I'll hurl it through their window!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Morning CDRdwellers! Weather today!!!!!: View attachment 160284 Cool! Finally! But it god me by surprise and I think I may be losing some of the new cacti planting that I started couple of moths ago for the babies' future outdoor enclosure. Crap! Thing couple of them got little frostbites from the ground level! Last night I brought every new plant in (as much as I hate dragging pots back and forth. Ugghh! I'll be real upset if those couple plants croak!
Good morning!!!!!!!
Sorry about your cacti.
Hope you can save most of them.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hi Adam
I've spent the morning unblocking the guttering with a home made guttering unblocker.
Thought it was moss but turns out part of next doors satellite dish was blocking the down pipe causing it to overflow.
Think I'll hurl it through there window!
It's a satellite dish.
launch it into space.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hi Adam
Think I'll hurl it through their window!
How's the parking situation?