COLD DARK ROOM

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
Once I have a glass in my hand, I'm sure I'll feel better.

It'll help numb the pain of the £160 bill for a new tyre that I unexpectedly had to pay for today. No damage other than to my bank account fortunately

ouch!! that's alot for one tyre! I actually used to be a tyre fitter. indeed, a little 'elixir' will work wonders ;)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
ouch!! that's alot for one tyre! I actually used to be a tyre fitter. indeed, a little 'elixir' will work wonders ;)
Had to have the wheel alignment sorted as well. That's the perils of having a 19 year old drive your car when he comes home from university. He denies he hit a kerb, but side wall damage and wheel alignment suggest otherwise.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Tires ain't fun and for that you must pay us!

that looks like an old machine, or is it for bike wheels? i used to have to fit up to 22'' , the machine had an arm to push down sidewall... before that it took 2 of us.... me acting as a tyre leaver and using the steel toes between bead and rim standing on tyre as it turned lol

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Had to have the wheel alignment sorted as well. That's the perils of having a 19 year old drive your car when he comes home from university. He denies he hit a kerb, but side wall damage and wheel alignment suggest otherwise.

im no inspector morse, but it does sound like foul play ;)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
mr ed... have you ever seen the trick of using flammable spray and flame to seat the beads of a tyre??

I've never done it, but seen some polish lads do it... silly stuff but it worked! i was going to stretch it overnight but the lads simply gave me a pat on the head and ushered me aside lol

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It would at that.
I rigged up an old fire extinguisher tank with an air fitting and used an electric "dump" switch that can do a short blast or a tank emptying thunder.
And the horn itself is off our our retired dump truck. All free parts, too. And it only costs tax payers about $90 for me to built it.;)

Attachments

• 20160406_062517.jpg
    20160406_062517.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
It would at that.
I rigged up an old fire extinguisher tank with an air fitting and used an electric "dump" switch that can do a short blast or a tank emptying thunder.
And the horn itself is off our our retired dump truck.

you should totally try uploading a video, it sounds awesome!! i have visions of it blowing off an old ladies wig!