COLD DARK ROOM

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
food for thought... is it right to dream and set your self high goals? on one hand, blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall not be disappointed'.... if you have low dreams and ambitions, you will always be content and every win is a bonus right?

on the other, 'nothing worth having comes easy' and you greatest enemy and negatively comes from within... with that outlook, you will always push yourself and drive forward... BUT, every loss is a defeat.

just the kind of nonsense that ponder over :/

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
food for thought... is it right to dream and set your self high goals? on one hand, blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall not be disappointed'.... if you have low dreams and ambitions, you will always be content and every win is a bonus right?

on the other, 'nothing worth having comes easy' and you greatest enemy and negatively comes from within... with that outlook, you will always push yourself and drive forward... BUT, every loss is a defeat.

just the kind of nonsense that ponder over :/
Yes but hopefully we learn from our mistakes and disappointments so aim high I say, - nothing ventured nothing gained!

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
That's it. Aquarium cleaned, shed reroofed, loads of stuff (including the old shed roof) taken to the tip... a piece of pork is smelling good in the oven and a large G&T has been poured. A very busy, but productive weekend over. :)
I'm exhausted just reading all that!!
Just reported my neighbours for fly tipping their rubbish in the lane at the end of my garden.
Today they chopped down a lot of new blackberry bush growth that I and the other neighbours use for fruit, left it all to rot and dumped a load of old slabs, stones and concrete on top of it. They can't see it from their garden as its outside their high gate but not a pretty sight from mine. So after she chopped a huge chunk out of one of my shrubs last Sept and after years of putting up with their rubbish not being disposed of properly in spite of constant requests, I have had enough! I am also seeking legal advice too. I'm fed up of it:mad:

Right - rant over - all calm again:)