COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
UK
would a joint letter to the local council be worth a shot?
Possibly but apart from not liking them few are actually affected by the noise etc. - mainly me and the people the other side of them and they rarely stand up to them. I'll see what the environmental health dept and solicitor say about the rubbish and lane. I am supposed to be having a lot of work done this summer - maybe I'll show them the same consideration!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Possibly but apart from not liking them few are actually affected by the noise etc. - mainly me and the people the other side of them and they rarely stand up to them. I'll see what the environmental health dept and solicitor say about the rubbish and lane. I am supposed to be having a lot of work done this summer - maybe I'll show them the same consideration!

it will only escalate I fear, no matter what:(. I'm the cut my nose of type at times and would blast out the most annoying song I could find constantly!

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
now for something completely different.... from when jade bought the flat and I decided to make my move...

that was almost 3yrs ago! I have alot less hair now
There was a boy at my school called Justin Case! Either his parents either weren't thinking straight or they wanted him to grow up with a sense of humour.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Howdy all :(
It's Sunday so you know what that means... It's Monday tomorrow.
So I'm sitting here trying to work out how I am going to survive another week at school. o_O
You'll survive. We all did and so did your parents. It's no consolation to you to hear that, I realise

I'm looking forward to my working week being more restful than my weekend was!

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
I had a truly horrible dream about school last night that really upset me. I dreamt 2 of my pupils - some very nice girls - were being executed for something and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I just had to send them off to the chopping block of all things, as if I was sending them to see the headmaster (no puns intended - unless that's what it meant!) It really was horrible and even though I think I was waking up during it I couldn't shake it off. Then it was some other poor souls turn but can't remember who that was. It really did upset me. Hope I have happier dreams tonight!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I had a truly horrible dream about school last night that really upset me. I dreamt 2 of my pupils - some very nice girls - were being executed for something and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I just had to send them off to the chopping block of all things, as if I was sending them to see the headmaster (no puns intended - unless that's what it meant!) It really was horrible and even though I think I was waking up during it I couldn't shake it off. Then it was some other poor souls turn but can't remember who that was. It really did upset me. Hope I have happier dreams tonight!
So do I !

You're not expecting Ofsted soon are you?

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
So do I !

You're not expecting Ofsted soon are you?
:eek:Now that is a scary thought!
It's Estyn for us - but same trauma.
No we are due to move to a new school next Easter so don't think they'll be popping in yet.
You never know though - they are a bit like Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
I've just been trying to figure out a way to stop the gerbils burying the water bottle. For some reason, for the last 2 nights they have buried it and the wood shavings pressing against it makes it leak so when I wake up, it's just a big soggy mess and the girls have hardly any water.

I have removed a load of bedding in the shallow area so I'm hoping they don't have enough to bury it. We will see. They also bury the sand bowl, although that isn't a big problem as they don't NEED it and I can just dig it up in the morning.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
I hate scary dreams about people you know.

Let's hope you have some better ones. :)

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
I've just been trying to figure out a way to stop the gerbils burying the water bottle. For some reason, for the last 2 nights they have buried it and the wood shavings pressing against it makes it leak so when I wake up, it's just a big soggy mess and the girls have hardly any water.

I have removed a load of bedding in the shallow area so I'm hoping they don't have enough to bury it. We will see. They also bury the sand bowl, although that isn't a big problem as they don't NEED it and I can just dig it up in the morning.

It's glass isn't it? Tricky one. What about some sort of wire harness for the bottle with long arms that hook over the top.