COLD DARK ROOM

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Sorry your neighbors are back at it Lyn.
I know you are far too kind to be a jerk like me.
But I get things done by fear alone...Unless it's someone that knows me
Then I use reason or a compromise. (It only works if they think you are bad for their health.)
The thing is that once someone has walked all over you. It's so hard to gain the upper hand again.
I know how smart and capable you are, but if I ever take a trip to Wales, it will include a visit to your neighbor.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
it will only escalate I fear, no matter what:(. I'm the cut my nose of type at times and would blast out the most annoying song I could find constantly!
How about some Middle Eastern songs. Those generally make me insane.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Sorry your neighbors are back at it Lyn.
I know you are far too kind to be a jerk like me.
But I get things done by fear alone...Unless it's someone that knows me
Then I use reason or a compromise. (It only works if they think you are bad for their health.)
The thing is that once someone has walked all over you. It's so hard to gain the upper hand again.
I know how smart and capable you are, but if I ever take a trip to Wales, it will include a visit to your neighbor.
Thanks Ed I may be calling on your services!!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
another clear sky here in sunny paisley this morning:). my mate just called, he's wanting a hand to clean his girlfriends car after work, and i've a job pencilled in for tonight... gonna be a long day! at least the change I found in yesterday's job is paying for breakfast;)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
I drove the Purple Scion in to work today. It's been sitting unused and unloved and the battery was nearly dead.
When the sun comes up I'll go out and test the battery in case I need to get a new one. That is the original Toyota battery and they are kinda cheesy.
(Battery. Not Toyota)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
I drove the Purple Scion in to work today. It's been sitting unused and unloved and the battery was nearly dead.
When the sun comes up I'll go out and test the battery in case I need to get a new one. That is the original Toyota battery and they are kinda cheesy.
(Battery. Not Toyota)

good morning ed, how's the back today? I'm actually working in a toyota dealership just now, the sales team are very cheesy!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
How about a new topic: "First time ever drunk."
Since drinking keeps popping up.
When I was 15 years old I had a Ford Torino and a learners permit to drive. I piled a couple of my friends in and we skipped school. My friend Brian bought along an inflatable raft and some empty gallon jugs and told us of a place that sold beer by the gallon..A drive through window and never asked for I.D.
Right he was and each of us headed out to the Catawba river for some dangerously high and rough water armed with two gallons each of this mysteriously inexpensive beer. We took turns blowing up the stupid raft and we were already feeling stupid as we climbed into it. The water was really moving quickly and the flimsy, plastic oars flew out of our hands right away, leaving us at the mercy of the current. It was about then that I looked back at my car that was just a dark blue dot parked along the bank. (It occurred to me that we had no plan on getting back to it.)
We banged along for a very, very long time until we encountered a strand of barbed wire from a submerged fence. It tore through at least two chambers of the raft and my friend Eddie who was sitting in the front and we began to sink and swim to the edge of the woods. Luckily the water was calmer by that time.
We laid on the bank, finishing off our beer and tried to dry off. We were all covered in mud and clay. The bank was very slippery. Then stumbled towards some noise that we could here. At least another half mile. It turned out to be a tractor and we were smack dab in the middle of a pig farm. It was about that time that we also realized that most of what was on us what not mud at all! The farmer didn't say a word. He stopped, looked at us and then started working again......Kind of like he'd seen it before?
Eventually we made it out to a main road that we figured was route 5. It was also about 20 miles from my car.
We started walking, thumbs out, falling over. Very few cars passed by and no-one even though about stopping. Eddie was bleeding pretty badly. I had lost a shoe and Brian was walking with his eyes closed. No water. No more beer. Barfing and talking but making No sewnse.We walked for hours and as the sun started to set a truck stopped and let us in the back. It was clean and the driver had some bandages for Eddie. He also had some warm water in bottles for his radiator. but it was GOOD.
We made it to the car at about 9 pm. None of our parents had seen or heard from us since about 8 that Morning and it was not a very good time.
I never associated drinking with good times after that. I still haven't.
The car still smelled like pig *** when I sold it a year later.
I never spoke with Eddie again and Brian married a raging drunk at 19. Still upset about his raft.

Last edited:

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
How about a new topic: "First time ever drunk."
Since drinking keeps popping up.
When I was 15 years old I had a Ford Torino and a learners permit to drive. I piled a couple of my friends in and we skipped school. My friend Brian bought along an inflatable raft and some empty gallon jugs and told us of a place that sold beer by the gallon..A drive through window and never asked for I.D.
Right he was and each of us headed out to the Catawba river for some dangerously high and rough water armed with two gallons each of this mysteriously inexpensive beer. We took turns blowing up the stupid raft and we were already feeling stupid as we climbed into it. The water was really moving quickly and the flimsy, plastic oars flew out of our hands right away, leaving us at the mercy of the current. It was about then that I looked back at my car that was just a dark blue dot parked along the bank. (It occurred to me that we had no plan on getting back to it.)
We banged along for a very, very long time until we encountered a strand of barbed wire from a submerged fence. It tore through at least two chambers of the raft and my friend Eddie who was sitting in the front and we began to sink and swim to the edge of the woods. Luckily the water was calmer by that time.
We laid on the bank, finishing off our beer and tried to dry off. We were all covered in mud and clay. The bank was very slippery. Then stumbled towards some noise that we could here. At least another half mile. It turned out to be a tractor and we were smack dab in the middle of a pig farm. It was about that time that we also realized that most of what was on us what not mud at all! The farmer didn't say a word. He stopped, looked at us and then started working again......Kind of like he'd seen it before?
Eventually we made it out to a main road that we figured was route 5. It was also about 20 miles from my car.
We started walking, thumbs out, falling over. Very few cars passed by and no-one even though about stopping. Eddie was bleeding pretty badly. I had lost a shoe and Brian was walking with his eyes closed. No water. No more beer. Barfing and talking but making No sewnse.We walked for hours and as the sun started to set a truck stopped and let us in the back. It was clean and the driver had some bandages for Eddie. He also had some warm water in bottles for his radiator. but it was GOOD.
We made it to the car at about 9 pm. None of our parents had seen or heard from us since about 8 that Morning and it was not a very good time.
I never associated drinking with good times after that. I still haven't.
The car still smelled like pig *** when I sold it a year later.
I never spoke with Eddie again and Brian married a raging drunk at 19. Still upset about his raft.

:). I enjoyed that mr ed :) thanks for sharing. I can't remember my first time being drunk but i have been drinking since i was around 11, started to get sold in the shop at around 13. us scots have a terrible relationship with alcohol:/