COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I've made it up into my room. Lights on tonight, I think :p
Luckily, I have a TV in my room. Miranda heart always lightens the mood :D have you ever watched her?
I have watched her, she's funny, but I can't sleep with a light on. A landing light maybe, but not in my room. :)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
happy Sunday friends! got a lesson today, had to drop it down from 2hrs to 1hr as the rain stopped me earning spare cash for it :(. called my boss the other day and suggested giving up some paid holiday time go towards cost of bumper... means the money set aside for lessons isn't affected.

called pets at home the other night as well... they don't want to give us a bigger cage as they are saying the small one offered is sufficient size... time to right a big ol' letter armed with information they cant just pull from Google!!

hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday, especially mr Ed!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
happy Sunday friends! got a lesson today, had to drop it down from 2hrs to 1hr as the rain stopped me earning spare cash for it :(. called my boss the other day and suggested giving up some paid holiday time go towards cost of bumper... means the money set aside for lessons isn't affected.

called pets at home the other night as well... they don't want to give us a bigger cage as they are saying the small one offered is sufficient size... time to right a big ol' letter armed with information they cant just pull from Google!!

hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday, especially mr Ed!
Go get 'em John. If you need a proof-reader, just let me know :)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Recently I've been bemoaning the fact I feed cats here. I'm missing a small furry friend on my shoulder terrible like. I know though, that my best buddy, Baxter would terrorize the poor little bugger real fast. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1463909941.720394.jpg
Peace for a small one would not be found here. The cats have a cat door, and one evening I had a chipmunk running on the kitchen counter. One brought it in, played with it, then let it go. Plenty of snakes too. Often just piles of feathers all over as well. Good times, Good times.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Recently I've been bemoaning the fact I feed cats here. I'm missing a small furry friend on my shoulder terrible like. I know though, that my best buddy, Baxter would terrorize the poor little bugger real fast. View attachment 174334
Peace for a small one would not be found here. The cats have a cat door, and one evening I had a chipmunk running on the kitchen counter. One brought it in, played with it, then let it go. Plenty of snakes too. Often just piles of feathers all over as well. Good times, Good times.

sounds like you're never short of visitors! hope you're doing well and continuing to recover ken :)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
well oh well oh well... if my math is correct...

pets at home advise the cage we were sold could house 4 degus, the minimum RSPCA recommend for just 2 is almost double the size! the degu forum recommend about 3x the size of original cage. BOOM!!! guns loaded :D. I'm going to be like a pitbull on this one, once i have researched a bit more and confirmed i will be threatening to go to press to expose animal cruelty and unwillingness to listen and amend there misinformation and incompetence. you have to laugh as pets at homes moto is 'where pets come first'

I'm going to be like a bad fart in an elevator to this company!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
well i got it in balck and white, RSPCA minimum cage for 2x degu is a multi level 100x60x20 cm

pets at home say that 4x degu can be housed in 92x45x60cm. with 2x shelf (45x14) (92x14)

I think another in store vist, an email and a call to RSPCA are all needed. it's not about free stuff anymore!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
White-anf-red-rose-to-say-hi.gif