COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
everything go ok? one more day then its wibbling Friday:)
Yes it went fine. The M25 was very slow and a coach broke down in lane 2 which made life interesting.

Son has a lovely little flat - we got everything in which wasn't a certainty :D

M1 is all roadworks. Still grey up in Leicester, but at least it's not raining here!

T'committee (best Yorkshire accent) are heading to t'pub shortly for a 'planning meeting' ;) It's next door to where we're staying.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Yes it went fine. The M25 was very slow and a coach broke down in lane 2 which made life interesting.

Son has a lovely little flat - we got everything in which wasn't a certainty :D

M1 is all roadworks. Still grey up in Leicester, but at least it's not raining here!

T'committee (best Yorkshire accent) are heading to t'pub shortly for a 'planning meeting' ;) It's next door to where we're staying.

chalk that up as a successful day ma'am ! well done:). sounds like a well earned meeting;)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
job turned into 2, both scratched paint repairs for my mate. I washed both cars and got a wee £10 , managed to get him £70 for an hours work... and we both got a free kebbab:). the job from Saturday called as well as she hadn't had a chance,

to say she was very pleased and to drop in cards so she can recommend to friends:)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
good mornooning all! another day, another chance to succeed:). tonight i'm due to have 2 cars dropped off at home and have all weekend to do them. will find out today if its my last day in placement, though I hope it isn't.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
wayhey, back in toyota tomorrow:). i'll be in to speak to branch manager there to try get kept in for a while longer... I would actually jump ship and join the arnold clark to work there, the guys there are great.

the gaffa spoke with me today, would have me in a heartbeat... he's been in the game for around 25yr and described my work as 'a different class' :D

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I tried, but my phone can't do justice to the quantity of rain falling at the moment. If it keeps this up, I'm going to need an ark.

I am not in any hurry to get soaked while I go and put Joe under his kennel lamp. An hour or so won't do any harm :D
Still sunny here - almost managed a full week of it! My family said that after a few days in sunny Wales when they went home to various parts of the UK they felt as if they'd returned home to grotty weather after being abroad. It's not typical of Wales at all. but Lola and I aren't complaining.:)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
This week is a weird one. Today my son and I are getting the Volvo loaded so I can take move him into his new flat in Hertfordshire tomorrow morning. There will no doubt be last minute panics about conference organisation too. Then I'm heading to Leicester for the big day on Thursday and coming home to wibble on Friday.
Hope it all goes well!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Evening all the busyness continues.
Last week it was shop 'til I drop - this week return til I burn.:)
Going to the ends of the earth to buy stuff isn't a good idea when a lot has to go back to the shop.
Glad to hear you are enjoying the sun too John:) - sorry for all of you that aren't :(
I'm sure it will be all change soon.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all. I slept like a log after the house move and long drive on Wednesday. I was very tired and Premier Inn beds are very comfortable- especially when someone else is paying.

The National Space Centre in Leicester is brilliant. We got to explore it for free in our conference breaks. Thanks to one of the speakers not showing :)mad:) we got a bit extra time to do that too :)

So today I head home via lunch with a friend who has just finished chemo and radiotherapy for breast cancer. She's doing well and it will be good to see her. :)